Regal Princess or Liberty of the Seas

I am looking at planning a cruise for next March and would like recommendation between the Regal Princess and Liberty of the Seas. My wife and I have been on several cruises, but this will be the first one for our 9 and 11 y/o sons. We definitely want a balcony and/or mini-suite. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

While both ships are very nice, the Regal princess is too laid back for kids that age.

The Liberty OTS has tons of activities and fun things for kids, lowrider, rock climbing, etc...

You will find that Princess is a slightly older crowd too.

definitely go with Liberty OTS

I am looking at planning a cruise for next March and would like recommendation between the Regal Princess and Liberty of the Seas. My wife and I have been on several cruises, but this will be the first one for our 9 and 11 y/o sons. We definitely want a balcony and/or mini-suite. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

I responded earlier to a similar thread deciding between Regal and Freedom of the Seas. My advice will be the same here. I have been on both....in fact, these were my last 2 cruises. I recommend Liberty, especially with kids. Standard balcony rooms and junior suites on Liberty are noticeably larger than on Regal. In fact, a mini suite on Regal is about the same size as a D1 balcony on Liberty.

As for the ships, the kids will love the H20 Zone and the Flowriders. Regal doesn't really have anything to compare. For the adults, Liberty has a spectacular 90 minute stage production of Saturday Night Fever. That and their ice show are must sees and again, Regal has nothing that compares.

Princess isn't bad for couples but as a family, Princess can't hold a candle to RCI.

Edited by Aquahound

• 2 weeks later...

I am a RCCL fan but have also done several Princess cruises, Liberty has rock climbing wall, flow rider, ice skating rink etc etc. It is also being refurbished shortly before your cruise so ship should look like new. We have her booked for next April. Junior suites are really nice and even has walk in closet, nicer than Princess mini-suites.