Breakfast in the room

kcdancerkc

I see there is a small amount of choices compared to other lines...

I need my morning bagel! Lol

What have you handwritten in! ??? :)

Ive seen a couple of postings that people have added what they want....

Is there a limit?

Bacon? Bananas?

We tip well. Not interested in the full-on breakfast package.

Thanks!

:cool:

One of many reasons we love to cruise....... Breakfast on Balcony

Edited by kcdancerkc

I usually ask for a hard-boiled egg and I always get it. I don't know about bacon. I would be afraid that it would be too cold by the time it got to me. I think you would have some success with bagels, though. I see them at the IC in the mornings, so I know they exist.

We have tried several write in and have been surprised. One morning the HB wanted Corned Beef Hash and couldn't believe the amount they deliverd. We always tip but that doesn't seem to matter. I have requested grapes, blueberries and prunes on different ships, it seems to matter if they have them.

The worst thing that could happen is not getting want you requested but it seems to always work out for us and we enjoy our time alone in our cabin every morning.

I've written in Bircher Muesli and received it daily on some ships and only on the day it was in the MDR on other ones.

Also have gotten Scrambled eggs many times and various sides, by just writing in. Requested bacon and received a mountain of it one time and a normal side other times. Even requested the English Bacon once and have received it without an issue.

I also always include a "please" on my written request, by the way.

What i was saying was we tip the food runner

Cant control the kitchen....nor able to make sure tips would get to kitchen staff

:confused:

That's why I said it would be nice if one could hand THEM a little extra when they add to our breakfasts. Didn't mean to confuse you. Sorry.

Edited by eandj

Tipping the deliverer isn't really going to help get write in items.

Would be nice if you could send over a tip to the kitchen staff who prepare your tray with those additions.;)

By the way, it is not that hard, when we call in an order, we ask the name of the person taking the order, so that we can send something back for them.

Do be careful when writing in your order for Breakfast. Why, you ask?

One cruise my Wife wanted some Bacon for breakfast so she wrote in 5 Bacon's. And, she received what she ordered. 5 orders of bacon. A large pile on a plate.:eek:

Bob

Do be careful when writing in your order for Breakfast. Why, you ask?

One cruise my Wife wanted some Bacon for breakfast so she wrote in 5 Bacon's. And, she received what she ordered. 5 orders of bacon. A large pile on a plate.:eek:

Bob

What did she want?

If I saw 5 bacons, I'd assume 5 orders of bacon too.

Not being critical of your DW just puzzled.

My DW and I always order just some fruit, a croissant, and coffee. We have it delivered around 7:30. We call it our "pre-breakfast." We enjoy our little snack on the balcony before heading to the MDR for a nice sit-down meal. This is just one of the little things that make cruising such a great vacation. Learning that you can get what is basically a full breakfast delivered to your room opens up a whole new set of possibilities for us. Instead of calling it a "pre-breakfast," I might need to re-name it "breakfast one" and "breakfast two!" Whatever happens, I am glad I am not glutton free! (pun intended)

Happy Sailing!:D