Carnival's Cyber Weekend Starts Tomorrow

Dani41

It's looking like, on many of the major cruise lines, prices are better the farther out you book. From my understanding, many early bookers were annoyed (and early bookings began dropping as a result) because those that booked late got wayyyy better deals.

Prices are now controlled by a computer program that change prices based on bookings and inventory. It's programed to price what the market will bear. :eek:

We booked early last spring for winter 2016. Also booked this fall for spring of 2016. Since then there have not been any price drops and both cruises are up at least $250 pp and way up on the Spa and Serenity decks.

Early Saver is now just that--book very early before prices start climbing. We haven't been able to file for a price drop since 2012.

...and this cyber sale? Looks like it's just the off-peak rates already available on the off-peak cruises. Go configure!

I must admit I'm disappointed too. On Monday I believe there will be reduced deposits on cruises...but don't quote me on that. Maybe Monday things will look a little bit brighter for us. Fingers crossed.

I booked a super bowl cruise in late October and was able to get a better deal right after I booked it but I lost my onboard credit doing so. It was my first time cruising and booking a cruise so I felt good about it. I'm going to book my next cruise for next years super bowl next month, and hope I can get some type of savings within a years time. I'm just excited about cruising for a second time...and leaving out of Nola.

Was hoping for a price reduction, but my cruise is the exact same price it has been for the past 5 months. So much for their "sale". They just slap a new name on the same price every time there's a sale.

@ Jill I saw the same thing. The cruise I was eyeballing has been the same price all month long. I was hoping to see a price reduction too, but I'm going to just bite the bullet and book it since I'm eager to go on this particular cruise.

I booked a super bowl cruise in late October and was able to get a better deal right after I booked it but I lost my onboard credit doing so. It was my first time cruising and booking a cruise so I felt good about it. I'm going to book my next cruise for next years super bowl next month, and hope I can get some type of savings within a years time. I'm just excited about cruising for a second time...and leaving out of Nola.

I saved over $800 last year during Cyber Monday. I am not expecting to save $800 again but I have not been able to find a single price drop. This is not a sale. Ridiculous.

I have three cabins booked for January and the "sale" price is $200.00 higher on each room. Took my wife shopping this weekend as I do every weekend and noticed the shirts in Aeropostale that were on sale last week for $8.00 were now on sale for $10.00. This week with the big black Friday sale they were marked up to $19.95 but marked down 50%. So, their sale was $2 more than last weeks. Everyone does this so I guess cruiselines are not exempt. I guess we've all learned CCL plays dirty as well.

Are they already posted? Anyone know how much you need to put done when making an onboard past guest booking for a future cruise? No sure if it is better to buy the Verizon or the Carnival cards??

If there is no deal on gift cards as the above poster stated, then your best bet is to get them through Verizon/AARP

The cyber sunday sales are up on the Carnival website, No sales for the sailings I have been watching in January and may but hopefully ya'lls will be on their tho. Saw some decent balcony sales in January (in the 1400$ range) for a 7 day. Let's hope cyber monday is a door crasher haha

Yeah the cyber sales are a joke just looked at this april sailing on glory this is for an aft bal:

HERE ARE SOME GREAT DEALS FOR YOU

EARLY SAVER LAST CALL

Price Protection

Choose your stateroom location

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$844.00

avg. per person

SELECT

CYBER WEEKEND ONBOARD CREDIT SALE

Up to $75 onboard credit per stateroom

Sale ends November 30, 2015 EST

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$911.00

avg. per person

SELECT

They basically roll the $75 onbd credit into the price?!?

Yeah the cyber sales are a joke just looked at this april sailing on glory this is for an aft bal:

HERE ARE SOME GREAT DEALS FOR YOU

EARLY SAVER LAST CALL

Price Protection

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$844.00

avg. per person

SELECT

CYBER WEEKEND ONBOARD CREDIT SALE

Up to $75 onboard credit per stateroom

Sale ends November 30, 2015 EST

Great Vacation Guarantee

Learn More

$911.00

avg. per person

SELECT

They basically roll the $75 onbd credit into the price?!?

No they are charging you and extra $134 and from that giving you an on-board credit of $75...and then sending $59 to the bottom line ...clearly it works or they wouldn't keep doing it!

So my cruise in April on the Splendor they jacked up the price of balcony rooms by $67 PER PERSON from what they were yesterday. so for 2 people (me and my wife) were talking $134 price increase. then they make it sound more enticing with a $75 PER STATEROOM credit. So increase the cost of the cruise by $134 then give you back $75 stateroom credit, this doesn't say per person, its per stateroom. So $134 - $75 = $59 extra cost for this cyber weekend deal over what it was yesterday and the last 2 months? Like i said in another thread about black Friday and cyber deals from carnival I'll stick with the Verizon 10% off carnival gift cards. That's free money.

For the "big" savings. Maybe tomorrow. I was going to surprise my fiance with booking the cruise we wanted to go on for the super bowl but... So far no luck. Its been the same price since we first started looking last month.