LIVE - Oasis Eastern 11/28/15 with Chris and Family

Have you heard anything about the passenger who went missing in Nassau on Sunday?

Story here: http://www.tribune242.com/news/2015/dec/01/search-missing-canadian-cruise-ship-passenger-nass/?news

"POLICE are seeking the public’s help in locating 27–year-old Canadian Samantha Loveridge, who was a passenger onboard the Oasis of the Seas that arrived in New Providence on Sunday.

Ms Loveridge is a white female of slim build who was last seen in Nassau on Sunday when she disembarked the cruise ship at Prince George Dock."

Don't be nervous ... just excited. :) So far the negative stuff I'm bringing up is mostly just from being jaded and hasn't been too big of deal thus far. I've generally found that if you want to find the negative, you will.

Gotcha. I'm trying!

The C&A repeater's party was yesterday morning in the Aqua Theater. As per usual, it overlapped a bit with the Meet and Mingle. The water was really sloshing back and forth in the pool and it got to the point where CD Ricky Matthews as walking around on his heels trying to keep his shoes dry. There were some extremely long introductions and it soon became clear that they were stalling because there would be no diving demonstration.

They did play a fountain show but evidently didn't think it through too much ... at the end there was a huge blast of water that blew inward and soaked the two Pinnacle couples they had sitting in the 4th row to honor for having the most cruises onboard. Whoops. You've never seen so many people run for towels in your life.

23353425061_d49a594736_z.jpg

Repeater Party by cmong, on Flickr

23140184350_1fe47099d1_z.jpg

Ricky Matthews - Cruise Director by cmong, on Flickr

23409825166_bb2d7b9e9a_z.jpg

Captain Trym by cmong, on Flickr

I don't remember the exact number but it was something like:

2,300 C&A members

300 Diamond

130 Diamond+

12 Pinnacle

Random thought: Does anyone actually ever receive "better" service because they wear their C&A pins or name tags? Personally, I think they are a bit gauche for every day wear (but that's me). I will wear my D+ pin in my suit lapel if I happen to dress up, but that's it.

Edited by silentbob007

Our Oasis of Dreams aqua show was rescheduled for 5:15 yesterday. We decided not to attend (it conflicted with our dinner) but did catch some of it from the Diamond Lounge.

As for dinner ... yeah ... I covered that earlier. Enough said. Not impressed with MTD and it's no wonder they decided they needed to think a bit on Dynamic Dining.

After dinner we had reservations to see the headliner, ABBAcadabra. It was ... well ... ABBA music. People started lining up for standby on Deck 4 about an hour before the show began. We went about 20 minutes before the show started and were allowed to sit in the Gold Card area (evidently it is still D+, Pinnacle, and Suites).

After the show, I headed back to see if I could sneak into the 9:30 of Oasis of Dreams ... but it was cancelled. It must have been raining as the Boardwalk was very wet and slick. I skidded about 4 times in my sandals so I slowly meandered back into the ship before hurting myself. I took a trip to deck 16 for photos and discovered why the show was cancelled ... extremely windy. It looks like the Aqua show will be the rare show of the cruise.

23327486282_7f2a666a3f_z.jpg

Night Pool by cmong, on Flickr

23409817186_596f963099_z.jpg

Oasis at Night by cmong, on Flickr

23409823286_dfe65eef4a_z.jpg

Central Park at Night by cmong, on Flickr

23435958805_eaa3da77f5_z.jpg

Park Cafe after a Rain by cmong, on Flickr

23068001089_d63be2a17b_z.jpg

Bridge to Trellis Bar by cmong, on Flickr

23435968665_1bc19b234d_z.jpg

Trellis Bar at Night by cmong, on Flickr

We woke up this morning (Tuesday - St. Thomas) and decided to try JR again for breakfast. It was a great experience this morning. We arrived about 15 minutes after opening (8:15 or so) and found that there was only outside seating available. We were seated (and it felt pretty nice out, actually) and our order was quickly taken. About 5 minutes later our food came out. Our drinks were well attended and, overall, it was a very good eating experience.

After breakfast, we headed up to the DL for a few coffees and to look at menus. Then it was time to go out on deck and watch us pull into St. Thomas. In case you don't know (and I didn't), there's a sun deck on Deck 14, forward port. The rails were lined there but it wasn't so packed you couldn't get a few pictures. The only thing that concerned me was that the door wouldn't open when I wanted to leave and instead I had to wait for other people to come out.

After picture time it was off to morning trivia (we won!) and then off the ship for a bit.

23450606375_9f41a25de4_z.jpg

Coming into St. Thomas by cmong, on Flickr

23450685965_37bbd61d34_z.jpg

Bay Panoramic by cmong, on Flickr

23368146211_050fd7a058_z.jpg

Whoops by cmong, on Flickr

23342168342_e9d1e5deae_z.jpg

Oasis Docking Area in St. Thomas by cmong, on Flickr

22822281254_5c94aa7607_z.jpg

Way we came in by cmong, on Flickr

I missed the start of your thread. I would read with interest anyway, but Oasis -Eastern is my next cruise. I may have missed it, did you book a 7am return flight? (Oh, to browse now)

Nope ... though we are living on the edge with a 9:45 AM flight. :eek:

Wow- you posted the teen brochure of activities! How helpful this will be! I really,really appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.

I am assuming that all teens ages 12-17 are "lumped"together judging from the front page.

Again, thanks so much and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise. This is a fabulous review!

All the pictures really make me want to leave right now.

This was our first time docking where the Oasis docks (Crown Bay?) which is quite a bit different than the Havensight Mall. We didn't really have any shopping desires, so we stepped off the ship and explored the port area then got back on. There seemed to be plenty of transportation to Downtown (not sure if it was free) which is closer, I believe, to this particular dock. A taxi to Havensight looked to run $7-8/pp. There were a lot of tour vendors offering 2 hour island tours for $25/pp if you have never done one.

23450645655_42034e5a78_z.jpg

Oasis Docked 2 by cmong, on Flickr

Getting back on the ship requires having your SeaPass checked, going into a building to go through security with metal detectors, then choosing the aft or bow gangway and dinging in. When we came back early, this was a fast process. When 6 PM rolled around and it was pouring buckets outside, there was a huge lineup and no cover. Lots of people were upset, but I'm not sure what they could do. They added people to check IDs but when everyone runs up at once, they are not going to let you bypass security because it is raining.

23090380239_1ccbac6472_z.jpg

Returning in the Rain by cmong, on Flickr

22832562723_89b78d4839_z.jpgOasis in St. Thomas by cmong, on Flickr

23459693445_b5082fbfb3_z.jpg

Lizard by cmong, on Flickr

22832537463_b320311b5a_z.jpg

Lizard 2 by cmong, on Flickr

We walked up to Sabor and were chided for not having reservations and given a table right next to the rail ... which would have been fine except for the fact that it was still pouring outside. We moved and then moved again trying to get out of the rain ... they had a bunch of tables reserved, but we were in and out before any of those parties showed up.

23349858132_1788486ba8_z.jpg

Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

We got 2 variety menus and it was way too much food. It was all quite good but we could hardly eat the dessert and, quite frankly, I slept horribly from eating too much. Temperance. temperance.

23375860011_3017f3a0c7_z.jpg

Tableside Guac at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23458333595_2e7e7aff43_z.jpg

Calamari at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23375840791_2e9cc9fbdd_z.jpg

Chicken Quesadilla at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23162532650_8447997836_z.jpg

Short Rib Mole at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23162523560_42231e6a06_z.jpg

Dessert Box at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

We walked up to Sabor and were chided for not having reservations and given a table right next to the rail ...

Hold the phone - you need reservations at Sabor? Why was I under the impression they weren't necessary or even offered? Uh oh.

Hold the phone - you need reservations at Sabor? Why was I under the impression they weren't necessary or even offered? Uh oh.

They are offered, at lunch they frequently aren't needed, or at least haven't been, but now that its been on the ship a while people are probably starting to take notice.

Thank you for posting the Cruise Compasses. I have a quick question about the stand up Flowrider times. Did you see if there were any times in the early morning for "advanced stand up". The Oasis may not have that since there are two Flowriders and it has been 5 years since we have sailed on the Oasis and I cannot remember. We will be on board in February and trying to plan all of our activities :)

We walked up to Sabor and were chided for not having reservations and given a table right next to the rail ... which would have been fine except for the fact that it was still pouring outside. We moved and then moved again trying to get out of the rain ... they had a bunch of tables reserved, but we were in and out before any of those parties showed up.

23349858132_1788486ba8_z.jpg

Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

We got 2 variety menus and it was way too much food. It was all quite good but we could hardly eat the dessert and, quite frankly, I slept horribly from eating too much. Temperance. temperance.

23375860011_3017f3a0c7_z.jpg

Tableside Guac at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23458333595_2e7e7aff43_z.jpg

Calamari at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23375840791_2e9cc9fbdd_z.jpg

Chicken Quesadilla at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23162532650_8447997836_z.jpg

Short Rib Mole at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

23162523560_42231e6a06_z.jpg

Dessert Box at Sabor by cmong, on Flickr

How much does the Sabor cost?

Sabor on Oasis is priced per item.

Do you know if it is that way at lunch too? I know on Freedom for lunch it was one charge. I just looked online for my cruise and you can't reserve lunch time. I also didn't see the really good chicken stuffed jalapeno/bacon wrapped appetizer I had on Freedom. We will probably try it for lunch one day.

PS, sorry for the oversized picture above, it didn't look that big till i posted it.

Edited by BillOh

Do you know if it is that way at lunch too? I know on Freedom for lunch it was one charge. ...

Sorry Bill, never checked for lunch. I know there is a sampler for around $20, but I don't know if that's available all the time.