Regent Seven Seas Shore Excursions

Normansmom

Hello! My husband and I are on the Mariner for an Alaska Cruise in August. We have sailed Celebrity, several times, but this is our first trip on Regent. We are not in concierge class and we plan on booking shore excursions online as soon as the window opens. Could you share your experiences with the shore excursions and is it difficult to get the ones you want? Thanks so much!

Personally if it was my first cruise on Regent i would book Concierge to have a better chance of getting the excursions i want. We are silver almost gold so i don't bother as we get to book at the earlier window. The busier the cruise and the more repeat customers the more challenging it can be to get the excursions you want.

We have had good luck getting the excursions we wanted even in the beginning but that wasn't in Alaska where i think the excursions can be more limited in participation and number available.

Good luck. I hope you get everything you want.

It is rare not to be able to get a shore excursion, particularly on popular routes like Alaska. Regent's staff know what are the popular excursions and usually have enough "seats" available.

j 40/595

Edited by JMARINER
spelling

Quick follow up question: let's say hypothetically we are able to book excursions on Friday. What time on Friday and where do we look to do that? I presume we start by logging into the Regent account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick follow up question: let's say hypothetically we are able to book excursions on Friday. What time on Friday and where do we look to do that? I presume we start by logging into the Regent account?

Yes - you start by logging onto your Regent account which also shows the date you can book excursions and dining reservations. So, using this Friday as an example, if the website says that you can book February 2nd, this means 12:01 a.m. February 2nd (which would be 9:01 p.m. PST, etc.) You would be surprised at how many people make sure they can book as soon as it becomes available.

Normansmom, you mentioned that you will be doing the cruise in August. In my opinion, May and mid-late August have the least amount of people traveling to Alaska since school is still in session in May and in August kids and parents are getting ready for school again. It may not be as crowded (but no guarantees).

Yes - you start by logging onto your Regent account which also shows the date you can book excursions and dining reservations. So, using this Friday as an example, if the website says that you can book February 2nd, this means 12:01 a.m. February 2nd (which would be 9:01 p.m. PST, etc.) You would be surprised at how many people make sure they can book as soon as it becomes available.

Normansmom, you mentioned that you will be doing the cruise in August. In my opinion, May and mid-late August have the least amount of people traveling to Alaska since school is still in session in May and in August kids and parents are getting ready for school again. It may not be as crowded (but no guarantees).

Thank you very much!

I think you will be fine. Just log on and book as soon as you are able to. I have never not gotten an excursion I wanted. And a lot of times, I switched excursions onboard.

Many times Regent will add more capacity if it's available. Some excursions are capacity limited but those are usually the Regent Choice trips. We've actually had a few cancer because they didn't get the minimum number of participants. But you're more likely to get the ones you want than not.

The reservations just opened up for me for Voyager trip in October and it is saying every single excursion is booked up. Hopefully they do add some or else it is something with the website.

~Jar

Hi, Jar. If excursions just opened up for you, you're on the Voyager with us, Venice to either Athens or Rome, 7 or 19 days. One of us should start a roll call.

Your post was at 12:12 am Eastern time. Our experience is that the excursions start to be available at around 12:20; so we've given up on making our reservations at midnight. At 7 am this morning we booked some excursions, which were then wiped out. Somewhat daunted, we tried again at 7:20 am, and were able to book excursions for every port except Katakolon, which was still unavailable.

Try again now. You should be able to book your excursions.

Hi, Jar. If excursions just opened up for you, you're on the Voyager with us, Venice to either Athens or Rome, 7 or 19 days. One of us should start a roll call.

Your post was at 12:12 am Eastern time. Our experience is that the excursions start to be available at around 12:20; so we've given up on making our reservations at midnight. At 7 am this morning we booked some excursions, which were then wiped out. Somewhat daunted, we tried again at 7:20 am, and were able to book excursions for every port except Katakolon, which was still unavailable.

Try again now. You should be able to book your excursions.

Yup, looks like they opened up and just the website had only partially loaded - showed the excursions but couldn't login.

~Jar

I am booked on Miami to Miami in may. I booked in january, and at that time all excursions for 2 days in Bermuda were full. I did call and Regent put me on wait list for all. Since an excursion was available for all the other ports, I didn't mind, even if there are no cancellations.

No harm though in getting on wait list now.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Our cruise to Alaska was our first with Regent and we had no problems getting the excursions we wanted. The start times and length of the excursions are available for you. There is one day that I was able to book two excursions (one in the am and one that evening) because the ship was leaving later in the evening. The tool will help you to book two on that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up on my original post. I went on the Regent website and booked the shore excursions as soon as they became available, for my Alaska cruise in August. I was able to get every excursion I wanted!! It was great that they provided the times as it will help with planning the rest of the day! Thanks to all who provided comments and help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums