Coffee & Cones on the Grand Princess

IECalCruiser

I like there being multiple venues for specialty coffees. I noticed on the Pacific, even the pool bar had an espresso machine. My only concern about the Coffee and Cones concept is that it could reallllly slow down the cone line if the crew member has to make a coffee drink. Hopefully they have separate crew with separate functions there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Grand Princess. The swill they served in the Horizon Court that they called coffee tasted like watered down dish water. It was an insult to the taste buds. You would think at today's cruise prices they could at least give a person a decent coffee with with breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...
Just another thing on the list of items that I don't purchase. I wonder how long it'll be before they're offering extra cost desserts in the DR? :confused:

I thought at one time, some of the norman love things had a charge.

Now, they'll probably throw them in as a thank you if you actually order a curtis stone dish.

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Chocolate Chip Cookie/Vanilla Ice Cream

Coconut-Ginger Cookie/Pina Colada Ice Cream

Snickerdoodle Cookie/Cinnamon Ice Cream

Honey N' Oats-Raisins Cookie/Honey Yogurt Ice Cream

Mint Paddy--Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie/Peppermint Ice Cream

Stan

Thank you very much for the information. Are we taking about the cone place on the lido deck. It would be nice to not have to go to deck five to get a speciality when I am on the lido deck.

Just another thing on the list of items that I don't purchase. I wonder how long it'll be before they're offering extra cost desserts in the DR? :confused:

Don't give them any more ideas. The sprinkles are free on your ice cream. My guess is not for how long??

Tony

It amazes me how many princess ideas for upcharge items have failed, they keep trying things, desserts in the buffet upcharge, also in the international cafe. Iremeber when you had to pay for ice cream pool side, the poor crew member stood there all day almost doing nothing.

It amazes me how many princess ideas for upcharge items have failed, they keep trying things, desserts in the buffet upcharge, also in the international cafe. Iremeber when you had to pay for ice cream pool side, the poor crew member stood there all day almost doing nothing.

And don't forget the biggest one- SHARE. They spent plenty to remove a perfectly good restaurant and replace it with a complete dud- charging a premium price at that.

• 4 months later...

Coffee and cones is great except "THEY DON'T SERVE BREWED COFFEE" you have to schlep down to deck 5. Real convenient, making and entire ship of passengers go to only one tiny location for real brewed coffee. Who thinks up this stuff?

Where do you get the Circle magazine? It hasn't been mailed to us yet. We cruised in May so maybe it takes a few months. I'll have to call Princess on this. We're sailing on the Grand Princess in December so this would be good to know.:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: