Late check-in Journey 4th June 2016

baytraller

Very pleased to see they have adjusted the boarding times. We now await official confirmation. Thank you Bonnie.

I'm now wondering how they plan to fit in both muster drill and dinner before departure at 10pm? :confused:

Good news, the check-in time on June 4 will be the normal times.

Here's a message I've received from the ship...

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm. Of course we will have late comers that will be checked in onboard after that time."

I expect a correction will be going out to you soon.

THANK YOU BONNIE ! !

Hopefully now the rest of our preparations will be stress free :)

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm. Of course we will have late comers that will be checked in onboard after that time."

Thank you for sorting out this confusion, Bonnie.

Well, the email has arrived ...

"Hello, this is Azamara Club Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your June 4th sailing onboard Azamara Journey out of Athens. Unfortunately, there was an error in the Guest Documents that were sent out. The embarkation time indicated was incorrect. Please be advised that check-in for your voyage will take place from 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard."

Which is actually correct?

Has someone hit 5 instead of 4?

Will safety drill be at 6pm instead of 5pm?

Will those arriving in the last hour be unable to check-in shoreside & have to carry their own bags up the gangplank ??

Then find they cannot be processed until the compulsory safety drill is over because all the crew are involved in the drill ???

We will be on well before 5pm, but others may find themselves enduring an unpleasant experience.

Check-in for both 27 May and 16 June is 12.30pm to 4.30pm.

I feel confident that if the correction was made as 12:30-5:30, then that is correct.

Thank you Bonnie.

I am sure you understand my concern, particularly as the original information was so totally incorrect and the message you received from the ship stated ...

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm."

I really do think the ship's crew know what time they will hold the guests' safety drill, hence the concerns I listed in my previous post #29.

As I said earlier, we will be on well before 5pm . . .

I hope others, particularly first timers, do not find themselves enduring an unpleasant experience arriving between 4.45 and 5.30, if shoreside check-in finishes at 4.30, same as other cruises.

Thank you Bonnie.

I am sure you understand my concern, particularly as the original information was so totally incorrect and the message you received from the ship stated ...

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm."

I really do think the ship's crew know what time they will hold the guests' safety drill, hence the concerns I listed in my previous post #29.

As I said earlier, we will be on well before 5pm . . .

I hope others, particularly first timers, do not find themselves enduring an unpleasant experience arriving between 4.45 and 5.30, if shoreside check-in finishes at 4.30, same as other cruises.

we sail late.. by law you have to be there 90 minutes before we sail. that is 2030.several of us are flying in that day.. i have arrive before late no problem.. fun getting help with bags but it works out

we sail late.. by law you have to be there 90 minutes before we sail. that is 2030.several of us are flying in that day.. i have arrive before late no problem.. fun getting help with bags but it works out

Can you tell me where to find this "law" you quote, as I am unable to find any reference to it.

Azamara requires cruisers to be on board 90 minutes before sailing on embarkation day and as you well know, 15 minutes before sailing from ports during the cruise.

Some other cruise lines require cruisers to be on board only 60 minutes before sailing on embarkation day.

And in some places there is a requirement to be on board 120 minutes before sailing on embarkation day.

Yes, you and a handful of others will arrive during the evening, but . . .

The point of my post was to try and help others to avoid a probably less than pleasant experience when expecting to find shoreside check-in still operating, they find it closed.

Edited by Baynanno1

Well put Trish (Baynanno1) In our Xpress Pass documents, it does state that "guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sailing" so, as an Azamara newbie, I am still trying to figure out what time the "muster drill" will be held, the M&M gathering (which usually follows the drill) and then dinner served. I always thought is was absolutely imperative for all passengers to attend the Drill yet it seems that many folks arrive after this event.

Maybe they feel they know the drill by heart after so many cruises? :)

Shirley

The time of the drill is set by the ship and announced when you board. They check attendance and passengers who miss it will attend a "make up" drill at a later time.

Edited by florisdekort

Well put Trish (Baynanno1) In our Xpress Pass documents, it does state that "guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sailing" so, as an Azamara newbie, I am still trying to figure out what time the "muster drill" will be held, the M&M gathering (which usually follows the drill) and then dinner served. I always thought is was absolutely imperative for all passengers to attend the Drill yet it seems that many folks arrive after this event.

Shirley

The time of the drill is set by the ship and announced when you board. They check attendance and passengers who miss it will attend a "make up" drill at a later time.

i have done the make up drill many times.. it is mostly at 9 pm in the Drawing Room. once it was held in the show lounge as we had like 50 people. also the CC party has always been at 6 at night. even when we overnight..with some cruises with sailing at 10 many people miss it.

Thank you both for the clarification. Pleased to hear that late arrivals are still made to attend safety drill. Shame to hear many people miss the M&M. I find that after "chatting" for weeks with people on the roll call, it's always nice to finally meet them at the M&M.

Shirley

Shirley

Thanks Shirley.

A few facts :

This will be our tenth Azamara cruise and on all previous cruises, check-in has been 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.

The 27 May cruise check-in is 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.

The 16 June cruise check-in is 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.

Safety drill has been at 5 pm and Meet & Mingle at 6 pm. I believe those times will apply on this cruise.

Bonnie's information from the ship states quite clearly "guests' safety drill at 5pm."

Yes, safety drills are compulsory for all on all sailings, including "back to back" cruises.

A passenger muster drill is required by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea

There are a sometimes a few missing from the scheduled safety drill due to late (unavoidably delayed) arrival.

As Robin has stated a special drill is done at a later stage for those delayed or who choose to arrive later than the official check-in times.

One further fact from Information, Terms and Conditions in Azamara's 2016 - 2017 Cruise booklet page 45 section17 (without quoting the whole paragraph) . . .

Must be checked in and on board no later than 90 minutes before the ship's scheduled sailing time. Otherwise . . . booking cancelled. 100% cancellation charges. No refund.

Hope some of this helps.

Trish

Safety drill has been at 5 pm and Meet & Mingle at 6 pm. I believe those times will apply on this cruise.

Bonnie's information from the ship states quite clearly "guests' safety drill at 5pm."

As Robin has stated a special drill is done at a later stage for those delayed or who choose to arrive later than the official check-in times.

One further fact from Information, Terms and Conditions in Azamara's 2016 - 2017 Cruise booklet page 45 section17 (without quoting the whole paragraph) . . .

Must be checked in and on board no later than 90 minutes before the ship's scheduled sailing time. Otherwise . . . booking cancelled. 100% cancellation charges. No refund.

Hope some of this helps.

Trish

it helped me. i knew i got 90 minutes from somewhere. the make up drill at 9 at night. at least that is the time i have always made it up.

• 2 weeks later...