late twenties couple on a 14 day North Cape cruise?

Velvetwater

After all these months we still cannot decide on a summer cruise.

Husband likes the look of the Rydam's 14 day land of the midnight sun cruise to see lighter evenings and mornings although I am pretty sure the midnight sun is over by the time we would sail (15th August).

I am concerned about the passenger base as we are quite active and do like to go dancing on a cruise ship in the after hours and a general lively feeling day and night on the ship is appreciated. We also like meeting others our age to hang out with. Considering HAL is generally for older cruisers and its a long voyage on a colder route I am worried. We have sailed Carnival previously but only the longer cruises so the ships had a different crowd but were still lively and friendly. I know it sounds a bit odd but we are worried about sailing with a ship that is almost exclusively 60+ as we feel we would not fit in for the most part.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Velvetwater

I would think there won't be many passengers your age on board. If you are like us that may not matter. We enjoy the HAL cruises and have done many of them through our mid-late 20's. We like the relaxed atmosphere and the overall product they offer. We loved the Ryndam, it was our first (and second) ship and really prefer the nightlife that they had going on in the crows nest to that of the Northern lights setup on some of the other HAL ships. When we go cruising we do it for us and don't really worry about the passenger base, we occasionally sit at larger tables even of we are half the age of everyone else we chat and learn some interesting stuff/hear some amazing stories. We focus on the ports of call and are there to relax, get away from it all and really explore the ports. We have often been mistaken for crew because of our age and the fact we carry our cameras around a lot I guess, but it doesn't bother us one bit.

Edited by trophy_23

I've sailed those waters on HAL many times, and agree your assessment of what the passenger base and activity level on board will be.

It will be an older crowd, and the activity level will be geared toward that crowd.

That is not to say a younger couple couldn't have a good time on the ship; they could. But they have to be the type who would enjoy the itinerary (it's great) during the day, and less night life.

Only you know if that's "you".

Saw from your initial message that you have cruised Carnival. Please know that HAL is no where near Carnival in nightlife, late night dancing until the wee hours may or may not happen, variety of entertainment, other activities on board (have never seen a belly flop contest). My 1st HAL cruise was for my 30th birthday and have been on several other cruise lines. since then but always come back to HAL. You will find smaller ships, excellent service and great passengers on HAL. Have a great time, looks like a wonderful cruise.