No more public water dispenser ?

On the Quantum they did away with glasses of Lemonade and Iced Tea also. They have flavored water dispensers that will also dispense plain water. If you want Iced Tea or Lemonade you can get it out of the Coke machine with a beverage package. More revenue.

Is Lemonade and Iced Tea available in Windjammer and other restaurants on Quantum?

If you can't get iced tea in the Windjammer that would really suck. It is the only thing, besides water, that isn't too sweat for me. Needing to buy a beverage package to get iced tea would suck even more.:rolleyes:

I was wondering if it is in all of the ship or just in some, but during my last cruise I didn't see a water dispenser in sorentos or cafe promenade. Now you have to ask the attendant for every single glass of water that you want.

It was like that on Indy when we cruises in February. It was a bit of a pain and the attendent always seemed a bit annoyed when I showed up as he knew what I was going to ask for. But if this is the way that RCI wants it to be then it was not going to stop me from getting the water. I couldn't care less if it was annoying to him or not.:rolleyes:

Ironically, we were on Oasis last week and there were more water dispensers around the ship than I've sen on any prior cruise -- including two prior cruises on Oasis. Not only where they in their usual locations at Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos, but each of the bars on the pool deck had a water dispenser at the end which was kept full. It was very convenient, and was clearly a time saver for the bartenders.

I fully understand how frustrating it is to not have plentiful water dispensers as we dealt with that on our previous cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. As a previous poster said though, if the cruise line sets it up such that you need to bother a bartender to get a glass of water then so be it.

Ironically, we were on Oasis last week and there were more water dispensers around the ship than I've sen on any prior cruise -- including two prior cruises on Oasis. Not only where they in their usual locations at Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos, but each of the bars on the pool deck had a water dispenser at the end which was kept full. It was very convenient, and was clearly a time saver for the bartenders.

I fully understand how frustrating it is to not have plentiful water dispensers as we dealt with that on our previous cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway. As a previous poster said though, if the cruise line sets it up such that you need to bother a bartender to get a glass of water then so be it.

Now that you mentioned this I just remembered something. Though on Indy they removed the water dispenser from the Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos there was one on the pool deck at the "Squeeze" Bar. I found that one very convenient during the day while on deck if I didn't feel like going all the way into the Windjammer to get an Iced tea.

We've had access to self-serve water in Cafe Promenade on Explorer, Adventure, and Liberty recently.

We also had access to water on our recent b2b on Legend.

I have had access to water in food venues recently, too. I have not sailed Q. But, tea, lemonade and water have always been available in food venues during hours they are open. However, the pool deck is another matter.

You can imagine how popular it makes me to ask a bartender for a glass of water on a hot afternoon. :rolleyes: There is often a long line waiting for drinks.

Any eating venue or bar will be happy to give you ice water. You can also get water from your cabin, via the sink! You will need to add ice to make it cold, but it's the same water that is elsewhere on the ship.

I tend to be leary of bathroom water. It may come from the same supply tank but there are quite a few chemicals used to clean the tap. I even consider this when brushing teeth. JMHO

I don't think the crew like having to empty and sanitize the dispenser every time someone is seen filling a water bottle directly from the dispenser. The violators cannot be bothered filling a glass and then pouring it into their water bottle. After all it's their cruise and it's all about them.

I was wondering if it is in all of the ship or just in some, but during my last cruise I didn't see a water dispenser in sorentos or cafe promenade. Now you have to ask the attendant for every single glass of water that you want.

We have sailed Independence several times and a new HD to us at the time , Johann , forget his surname , was the one who instigated the removal of the iced water at Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade. I was on one of the first cruises after it happened, about a year ago ,and complained as I was told to go to the Windjammer if I wanted Iced water, what???? WJ is not 24 hours and I was not on a drink package. The theory was that most guests were on packages and could have the bottled water supplied to them.

Many people complained and eventually you could get water from the bars on the Royal promenade.

Funny thing, we were on the 28th March sailing this year and there were 9 bottles of water in our cabin, it did not click that they could have been there because of my previous vocal disgust.

So it appears Johann did stick to his guns.

Edited by heatherb1958