No more public water dispenser ?

I was wondering if it is in all of the ship or just in some, but during my last cruise I didn't see a water dispenser in sorentos or cafe promenade. Now you have to ask the attendant for every single glass of water that you want.

Which ship and date? That hasn't been the case over the past year on the ships I've been on. Years ago they had water and ice tea at the cafe's. Last time it was just water.

It would take a lot more labor to serve each drink by hand on Oasis and Allure at Park Café, etc.

After watching how people use that water tap, I am not surprised. Of course many hold their water bottles right up to fill it instead of taking individual glasses of water to fill the bottle at a table. Another guy actually washed his hands under it, one hand at a time while all his runoff went into a huge ice bin that was brought out because the ice machine was empty. Ewww. We reported this I both times and employees sanitized the spout and threw the ice away. There is a sign right on the machine not to fill your water bottlels from the spout. Just common sense not to use it as a sink. Could spread a lot of Noro around doing both those things!

Lauri

Any eating venue or bar will be happy to give you ice water. You can also get water from your cabin, via the sink! You will need to add ice to make it cold, but it's the same water that is elsewhere on the ship.

I was wondering if it is in all of the ship or just in some, but during my last cruise I didn't see a water dispenser in sorentos or cafe promenade. Now you have to ask the attendant for every single glass of water that you want.

We've had access to self-serve water in Cafe Promenade on Explorer, Adventure, and Liberty recently.

On Liberty right now and they have 2 water dispenser side by side in each of sorrentos and cafe. But I'm starting to rethink using them since reading the comment about someone washing their hands .... ewwww. They have a sign about filling your own bottle right above but people don't know how to read (?) or think it's not meant for them!

But I'm starting to rethink using them since reading the comment about someone washing their hands .... ewwww.

Stay away from these machines, as mentioned in my post, there are just too many people out there that are not any way thoughtful or considerate or have any concept of hygene.

As suggested, if you wish to have a nice glass of iced water, ask the nice and beautiful servers.

They are always so nice, arnt they ?

Report these people who dont abide by the rules of basic common sense.

Report them I say. They should not be allowed to cruise and such people are disgusting.

The more cruises get cheaper, the more this happens.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is mad

We were on the Serenade for a B2B in March and April. I found water very difficult to find on the pool deck. DH and I like to walk for exercise. [usually do 2+ miles on track] After this I need a drink of water. There are no water machines on the pool deck.

I looked in the spa and there is a water fountain --but no water bottle. [the kind with cups--sorry will not drink out of a fountain]

I had to ask a pool bartender for water. I apologized for wasting his time--but, that I could not figure out where to get water. I was thinking he would tell me where it was available. He told me he had noticed this too and had commented to staff about this.

I know you will tell me that it is available in the solarium by the Park Cafe and the windjammer. But, if you are in a bathing suit on the pool deck going to the windjammer is not always an option. [and closed in the middle of the pm when we walked] Also, the staff removed the glasses from the water stations when they took away the food. for example, in the park Cafe, they removed the glasses by the water around 9--ish in the am and did not put them back until the Park Cafe opened for lunch around 1 pm. . . Why??

Also, the staff removed the glasses from the water stations when they took away the food. for example, in the park Cafe, they removed the glasses by the water around 9--ish in the am and did not put them back until the Park Cafe opened for lunch around 1 pm. . . Why??

This is a strange one.

I asked the staff about this. Most pretended that they did not know it happened.

However one young man, did mention that the reason they are taken away is to reduce the work for the staff on the afternoon shift.

When they are not being used, they are ready for the next shift etc.

Its very strange and we all need water.

Which ship and date? That hasn't been the case over the past year on the ships I've been on. Years ago they had water and ice tea at the cafe's. Last time it was just water.

It would take a lot more labor to serve each drink by hand on Oasis and Allure at Park Café, etc.

Independence month of May 2015

I'm currently on independence of seas and to get ice or water you need to wait in line at sorrentos or promenade cafe if windjammer is not open. And no access to ice or water in there either but through the servers. Except the solarium pool bar has a water container dispenser. I don't get the drink package but since they don't have the self serve coke machines here you have to stand in line with them and coffee orders for water or ice on the promenade. Oh well we are having a great time on a beautiful ship.

I'm currently on independence of seas and to get ice or water you need to wait in line at sorrentos or promenade cafe if windjammer is not open. And no access to ice or water in there either but through the servers. Except the solarium pool bar has a water container dispenser. I don't get the drink package but since they don't have the self serve coke machines here you have to stand in line with them and coffee orders for water or ice on the promenade. Oh well we are having a great time on a beautiful ship.

[emoji16]

Why don't you just ask a for a glass of water at a bar. All of the soda "guns" at the bars that I frequent on land, have a water button. I don't see why a ship's bar would be any different. Mind you, if it is early in the morning, you might have trouble finding a bar that is open.

On the Quantum they did away with glasses of Lemonade and Iced Tea also. They have flavored water dispensers that will also dispense plain water. If you want Iced Tea or Lemonade you can get it out of the Coke machine with a beverage package. More revenue.

Edited by fred30

On the Quantum they did away with glasses of Lemonade and Iced Tea also. They have flavored water dispensers that will also dispense plain water. If you want Iced Tea or Lemonade you can get it out of the Coke machine with a beverage package. More revenue.

Is Lemonade and Iced Tea available in Windjammer and other restaurants on Quantum?

Right now the only ship I have personally experienced this on is the Indy. But as long as people continue to fill water bottles from the dispensers it will probably expand throughout the fleet. In what world is it acceptable to stick a dirty, filthy water bottle over the neck of the water dispenser. People are animals sometimes and it is difficult to protect the rest of us from a few who disregard our health and well being.

Is Lemonade and Iced Tea available in Windjammer and other restaurants on Quantum?

It's gone from Windjammer and I don't know about the restaurants as I drink water. There is also a flavored water dispenser in 360 Cafe.

Wow, no iced tea!

Flavored water is probably cheaper plus if you want Iced Tea or Lemonade you will need a drink package. Flavored water is not a beverage so now you only get a meal no beverage.

This will probably go fleet wide some day. It seems nobody is complaining enough.

Flavored water is probably cheaper plus if you want Iced Tea or Lemonade you will need a drink package. Flavored water is not a beverage so now you only get a meal no beverage.

This will probably go fleet wide some day. It seems nobody is complaining enough.

Wow. Quantum is truly the "nickel and dime" ship it seems. :( Johnny Rockets is al a carte pricing, they charge for certain room service items and now there are no included drinks but water and flavored water?

Sad. And it would not surprise me in the least to see all the above I mentioned go fleet wide soon.