Welcome home Queen Victoria

Host Hattie

I'm not sure if we had any posters on board for the final segment of the 2017 world cruise but welcome home.

I hope you enjoyed QV in her as built condition, I know I did, especially the amazing Q1 balcony I was lucky enough to experience (briefly)

I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing how she looks next month.

I remember enjoying that balcony with you :cool:

I'm interested to see how the aft balconies on deck 8 look - whether there's a big overhand similar to the QE making them quite dark. I don't understand why they will now be Q4's - you are paying more for scraping chairs up above you! Okay, they will have no furnishing etc but they should have left them as Q6 and Q5's.

I see she is underway destination Palermo. l have never been on board perhaps the refit should be a catalyst to give her a try.

M-AR

Yes, to Fincantieri shipyard.

Due back in Southampton 3rd June. Looking forward to boarding her on 4th June short cruise. :)

I see she is underway destination Palermo. l have never been on board perhaps the refit should be a catalyst to give her a try.

M-AR

Yes, she didn't hang around long did she ?

I'm interested to see how the aft balconies on deck 8 look - whether there's a big overhand similar to the QE making them quite dark. I don't understand why they will now be Q4's - you are paying more for scraping chairs up above you! Okay, they will have no furnishing etc but they should have left them as Q6 and Q5's.

It was an amazing sailaway [emoji4]

I know what you mean about Deck 8, we were in Britannia Club on QE and it was the noisiest cabin we've ever had.

It was an amazing sailaway [emoji4]

I know what you mean about Deck 8, we were in Britannia Club on QE and it was the noisiest cabin we've ever had.

We had a Club on deck 8 too but we had the A2 on the hump so thankfully no overhead noise, although we did hear some thudding music from the Yacht Club late at night.

I see Queen Victoria is presently about to cross the Bay of Biscay en route to The Fincantieri shipyard.

She certainly discharged quickly yesterday morning and then shot off.

1555370380_ScreenShot2017-05-06at10_57_06.jpg.eefacab2a24f1e55adca8054c4d7da0c.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

I'm not sure if we had any posters on board for the final segment of the 2017 world cruise but welcome home.

I hope you enjoyed QV in her as built condition, I know I did, especially the amazing Q1 balcony I was lucky enough to experience (briefly)

I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing how she looks next month.

Hi Hattie

We have just returned home after a marvellous cruise on Queen Victoria, which we joined in San Francisco. We have sailed the same itinerary before but were still looking forward to the repeat. It did not disappoint.

Victoria docked very early yesterday and four hundred workmen were embarked before we even thought of getting up. Consequently, disembarkation was early and was the most orderly and efficient process we have ever encountered. All passengers were to have been cleared by 9.30am and Victoria was due to sail to Italy before noon. Many of the crew not at the end of their contracts, were given the opportunity to take a month's leave but travel both ways was to be at their own expense. Those who were left onboard were to be divided up into groups in order to help look after the refit workers and also be of general refit help.

For information, the four Q1 cabins are to be totally re-vamped. The Q5/6 cabins on deck eight are also to be given a new configuration and redesignated as Q4s. Four of our fellow diners [two on each segment and in different cabins] were in two of the Q6s on eight and they had no problem with chair dragging noises. I would hazard a guess the stern Q4s will sell like hot cakes.

Having been [as guests] in all four Q1s, I will be very interested to see the new look. Apart from the almost universal agreement the passing of Victoria's beautiful profile is a huge shame, the only disappointment is the fabulous Q1 terraces will be a thing of the past as Victoria will reflect Elizabeth's profile.

Cabins are to get a make over with new carpets and bedding, and cabin upholstery to be refreshed. To what extent I don't know as I didn't look at any other plans and our butler wasn't aware of any major changes.

I love this ship, especially with her current profile and will be sad to see the changes but the suits must have decided this is the way forward. The profile will have changed but the staff will still be there and they make the cruise for us so roll on our next Victoria cruise.

Edited by Victoria2

I see Queen Victoria is presently about to cross the Bay of Biscay en route to The Fincantieri shipyard.

She certainly discharged quickly yesterday morning and then shot off.

She passed Solent Towers just after 1300 hrs yesterday.

Minutes ago she rendezvoused with her two sisters off La Coruna...

34104317320_7d4b37d647_z.jpg

Next PR photos?

Hi Hattie

We have just returned home after a marvellous cruise on Queen Victoria, which we joined in San Francisco. We have sailed the same itinerary before but were still looking forward to the repeat. It did not disappoint.

Victoria docked very early yesterday and four hundred workmen were embarked before we even thought of getting up. Consequently, disembarkation was early and was the most orderly and efficient process we have ever encountered. All passengers were to have been cleared by 9.30am and Victoria was due to sail to Italy before noon. Many of the crew not at the end of their contracts, were given the opportunity to take a month's leave but travel both ways was to be at their own expense. Those who were left onboard were to be divided up into groups in order to help look after the refit workers and also be of general refit help.

For information, the four Q1 cabins are to be totally re-vamped. The Q5/6 cabins on deck eight are also to be given a new configuration and redesignated as Q4s. Four of our fellow diners [two on each segment and in different cabins] were in two of the Q6s on eight and they had no problem with chair dragging noises. I would hazard a guess the stern Q4s will sell like hot cakes.

Having been [as guests] in all four Q1s, I will be very interested to see the new look. Apart from the almost universal agreement the passing of Victoria's beautiful profile is a huge shame, the only disappointment is the fabulous Q1 terraces will be a thing of the past as Victoria will reflect Elizabeth's profile.

Cabins are to get a make over with new carpets and bedding, and cabin upholstery to be refreshed. To what extent I don't know as I didn't look at any other plans and our butler wasn't aware of any major changes.

I love this ship, especially with her current profile and will be sad to see the changes but the suits must have decided this is the way forward. The profile will have changed but the staff will still be there and they make the cruise for us so roll on our next Victoria cruise.

Yes, welcome home Victoria. :D

There, not a bad guess.

Hi Hattie

Frankly I'm rather pleased about the refit and profile change. Everyone benefits, solos, Britannia Clubbers, sun worshippers and of course shareholders.

It will certainly give me another Cunard option for 2018.

Yes, to Fincantieri shipyard.

Due back in Southampton 3rd June. Looking forward to boarding her on 4th June short cruise. :)

Good afternoon Ray.

I've noted those dates in my diary and will make every effort to be at Calshot Spit to add the Queen Victoria's new profile to my photographic collection.

We had 1 booked as a Q5 for the 4th June. Only told after final payment that we had been moved. They said that they were not available for commercial sale on that cruise- I now see that they have changed to a Q4 which makes me curious as to the reason for being moved.

She passed Solent Towers just after 1300 hrs yesterday.

Minutes ago she rendezvoused with her two sisters off La Coruna...

34104317320_7d4b37d647_z.jpg

Next PR photos?

I'm not sure that QE and QM2 are close enough for good visibility of each other there. It looks like they're at least 25 nm apart.