First timer

waterguy631

Hi Tom. Lucky you. Beautiful cruise. Do you normally get sea sick? If you do I believe in preemptive approach and start taking non drowsy dramamine 24 hours before we sail. I take for 1st 24 hours onboard. At that point your inner ear and balance have adjusted to change in motion and you should be just fine unmedicated. Everyone has their own method if they are prone to the funny tummy. This seems to work best for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tom have a great cruise. We did the first back to Tahiti cruise and it was glorious. Most of the time we were within the lagoon and it was calm. It helped that we had perfect weather that May. I get queasy sometimes until I get my sea legs, saltine crackers, no liquids at first, wrist bands, look out go the horizon, stay in the middle of the ship outside. I have sailed my entire life and i have taken dramimine on occassions just as sb44 said. Seriously, within the lagoon you should have no problem. It is a visually beautiful cruise, you will want to look out over the horizon. I can not imagine going to Tahiti and not being on a boat it is so beautiful. Enjoy, happy sailing.

Waterguy631-

Hope you don't mind if I add another first timer question on to your thread.

I lost my cruising partner this past December to the effects of agent orange. He requested, however, that even if I couldn't find someone else to go with me on the four future cruises we planned that I just go solo, in his memory. First upcoming cruise is with Windstar, Dreams of Tahiti, the latter part of August 2017.

I'm assuming most onboard will be slightly older, no problem there since I'm 70 yrs old and retired. However, being a solo male passenger, I'm wondering how hard it is to "fit in?" Anyone else cruise solo on Windstar recently?

Thanks for any insight,

You will be welcomed. We went on this cruise in May 2016. Our friend and his girlfriend had planned to join us. She was not able to come, but he came anyway. He had a great time anyway. Windstar passengers are generally very friendly and fun-loving people. So sorry for your loss, but glad you are going ahead with your plans. You will not be sorry.