WiFi on board Regal Princess

troischat

Yes & here are packages that are available to pre purchase & can also be purchased onboard but think they give fewer bonus minutes.

Internet Access

120 Minutes $69.00

Includes 20 bonus minutes for prepurchasing an Internet time package.

240 minutes $99.00

Includes 40 bonus minutes for prepurchasing an Internet time package.

460 minutes $159.00

Includes 60 bonus minutes for prepurchasing an Internet time package.

680 minutes $199.00

Includes 80 bonus minutes for prepurchasing an Internet time package.

Be mindful that you will need to manage your expectations- ship's internet moves at the speed of a turtle stampeding through peanut butter...

Also, be careful to definatively log out when you are done with your session- otherwise the minutes keep ticking.

• 4 months later...
Why can't they just do an unlimited package like RCI and carnival and be done with it?

I couldn't agree with you more. However, it probably generates revenue, and the demographic on board probably is comfortable either buying the service or isn't online long enough in any particular session to be impacted by not always being online. I suspect that as Princess's demographic gets younger, they will have to be more competitive with CCL and RCCL and offer better quality Internet service with lower prices.

I still can't figure out why free Internet is no longer a suite perk?

Edited by jeromep

I still can't figure out why free Internet is no longer a suite perk?

When it was first offered the only Internet devices on the ship for passengers were terminals in the Internet Cafe and in the full suites. WIFI did not exist on the ships.

When it was eliminated as a perk, most people had their own Internet devices using WIFI and band width limitations started to affect all users.

That may not be the only reason it was eliminated, but I am sure it was a big part of the decision.

At the same time, by the way, the unlimited access for platinum and elite passengers was reduced to a limited number of minutes based on the length of the cruise.

Also, some people were abusing the system letting those who were not in full suites or platinum or elite know their sign on information and thus giving free internet to others who were not eligible for it.