Divina-Thoughts and Daily Programs Copies

glamer57

Hi everyone,

My family and I just got off of the Divina today (Nov. 19-26) and we loved it. We have only been on one other cruise (Disney Dream) so we don't have much to compare it to. However, we REALLY enjoyed ourselves. Here are my thoughts:

1). Boarding process-So smooth! We got there around 12:30pm and we're on the ship within 10 minutes, no joke.

2). Divina has a VERY international atmosphere. We happened to like that. We had some instances where people just leisurely walked in front of us, not realizing we were trying to get by, or pushing their way to get on the elevator, but I would say that was more of a personality thing because everyone did not do that. In my opinion, at times the Americans were the rude ones. One time at a trivia game we needed a random person to help and they kept walking, and one of the Americans playing said out loud, "Rudely walking away, they must be European." Another time, a man kept correcting the English of the person hosting one of the activities (I mean really?) I can understand being frustrated at times, but rudeness shouldn't be the norm. In my opinion, you shouldn't get mad at someone who is not a native speaker trying to communicate with you in English, when you can't communicate with them at all in their native language.

3). Kids Club-My kids were spoiled by Disney's kids club, but we gave this one a chance. The only thing we weren't comfortable with was that they took the kids to different parts of the ship for activities. May be okay for some, but we didn't feel comfortable with that.

4). Entertainment-The shows were VERY enjoyable (we saw the Michael Jackson one at both showings). Also the lounge acts were great and were child friendly. We have a 5 and 9 year old and hung out in the Gold lounge a lot and nobody looked at us crazy. Our kids partied with us (within reason) with no problems.

5). The crew-Very friendly and aiming to please you. They don't hover and constantly ask if you are okay, but that doesn't mean they don't check on you and they will cater to your needs.

6). Food-Loved the pizza and wished there was more variety on the buffet, but we were fine.

7). Drinks-Fabulous! Ended up getting the 18 vouchers (I drank more than I thought I would...lol)

I am also going to try to post the daily programs. Hope you find it helpful.

Thanks for the reply. How old are your kids? We'll be with our dd in April, who will be six by then. I was wondering if they take younger kids to different parts of the ships. She's only been on NCL and RCCL kids' clubs, but LOVES it. Older kids would be taken to the sport courts or other venues but not the younger ones, except for the Pirate Parade around the ship.

We've never been on MSC and are excited to try something new. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience. I can certainly understand you discomfort when it comes to your children and the kids club. We have grandchildren that we're looking forward to bringing on a cruise with us in the future and I know I'd be a little uncertain with their movements on board.

Glad that you enjoyed the Divina and the European experience, we very much look forward to it on our first MSC cruise too.

PS I love surprises so while I very much appreciate your efforts with the dailies... I'm excited to peruse them while enjoying our coffee on our balcony... can't wait... ;)

:p

Cheers,

Are you going to sail MSC again or are you going back to Disney? I just did the Thanksgiving sailing on the Harmony of the Seas, have the Celebrity Reflection booked for 2017 and then I think I'm back to Disney until my 8 year daughter finds it too young fo her.

Was hoping RCCL would replace Disney (and save some $$$) but no go.

Thanks

We will be on the Divina next April, my son will be 7. I am not comfortable about their moving the kids around the ship. I think I will check the kids club daily schedule and only send him to the kids club when I know where he will be and I am comfortable with it.

OMG WHY? What can happen to your child in Disco Club for example or when they go to see show with kids club? By the way, they always tell you where they are going ,and for most occasions you can come and see your kids dancing or going to parade .

OMG WHY? What can happen to your child in Disco Club for example or when they go to see show with kids club? By the way, they always tell you where they are going ,and for most occasions you can come and see your kids dancing or going to parade .

This is what I meant too. As long as I know where they are, and I am comfortable with it, he can go. Of course, I did not mean the disco club or seeing a show. What I would not feel comfortable is like the adult swimming pool.

Edited by CruisingMom77

This is what I meant too. As long as I know where they are, and I am comfortable with it, he can go. Of course, I did not mean the disco club or seeing a show. What I would not feel comfortable is like the adult swimming pool.

O no they would never do this. :p why would they take such a responsibility:p

O no they would never do this. :p why would they take such a responsibility:p

On the registration form for the Junior Club there are questions about authorizing them to take the kids to the adults pool. Of course I will say no to that question. My son is not the most comfortable in the pool yet, so he will only use it under our supervision.

On the registration form for the Junior Club there are questions about authorizing them to take the kids to the adults pool. Of course I will say no to that question. My son is not the most comfortable in the pool yet, so he will only use it under our supervision.

I remember the form but I never saw them actually taking kids to pool. I always put NO as well.

My kids are 5 and 9 so they took part in the Mini Club (3-6yrs) and Junior's Club (7-11yrs). The staff does activities with the children (group games, legos, there is one slide in an outdoor area), but they take them around the ship to the sports deck, the performed for the crowd at the pool deck, the danced or had talent shows in some of the lounges. It just depends on your level of comfort. They always leave a note on the door to tell you where they are and it is on the schedule. Perhaps if my kids were older (and my son actually looked out for his little sister...lol) we would be more comfortable. When they traveled from place to place on the boat the kids had to link hands.

What I did like, is that the kids club's officially ends at 11pm, but you could pay extra to have your child stay until 2am ($6/child for 1 hour or $10/child for all 3 hours). We didn't take advantage of this, but this could be a good option for parents that wanted to do something late.