May be a silly question.....

midwestchick

Not so far as I know, but if you are in a suite your butler may be able to organise getting it done for you. You could always take a needle and thread with you and do it yourself, or find another passenger to do it for you. My other suggestion is to buy some hemming tape and iron it up on board in the laundry room ( remember to iron on the inside of the hem )

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not so far as I know, but if you are in a suite your butler may be able to organise getting it done for you. You could always take a needle and thread with you and do it yourself, or find another passenger to do it for you. My other suggestion is to buy some hemming tape and iron it up on board in the laundry room ( remember to iron on the inside of the hem )

Sewing is not my forte. 😉 I'll have to think of something else.

No, you would just need to undo the stitching on the whole hem, make sure the tape is only as deep as the hem, or a bit narrower (trim it with scissors if it's too deep), open up the hem, lay the tape on the bottom of the hem so it stretches nearly from the bottom of the material to the hem fold, turn the hem and tape up, then use a hot iron along the inside of the hem. To keep it straight, I usually put a few pins in before I start ironing, then take them out and iron again. Easy Peary!

Sorry, just realised you mean may mean they are too long and need shortening. In that case you need to mark where you want them to end up with a pin or safety pin before you go. Then undo the existing hem and cut the material about an inch below your mark(pin or safety pin is best), measuring that you're cutting the same amount off all the way round. Then the advice in my last post applies, again measuring that the hem is about an inch all the way round.

Nancy, for sure the way Azamara operates they'll find you someone to help out. No need for you to have a butler. Just ask your room steward. If he/she can't help then talking to the Asst Chief Housekeeper should point you in the right direction. I've had alterations done on the ship before.

Thanks, Phil. I can't put a hot iron on the material....it would ruin the pants.

Thanks to others for their input.