QM2 Atlantic Crossing Formal Nights

Empehi

a dark suit with tie is appropriate on formal nites

here we are on a formal nite, west crossing June last year

qm2%20portrait%202%20cropped_zps9reygmru.jpg

'informal' on QM2 means a sport coat with tie optional

or eat outside of the main dining rooms . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Considering a QM2 cruise this year. Would a sport coat & tie or suit and tie be acceptable for QM2 formal nights?

Thanks.

Sports coat and tie are for the informal/casual evenings of which there are 4. Formal 3 (should really be 5) require a dark blue or black suit and tie or preferably a tuxedo.

Always plan for and dress to the top of the dress code never to the bottom and you will be remembered and appreciated by both crew and the rest of the passengers.

Sports coat and tie are for the informal/casual evenings of which there are 4. Formal 3 (should really be 5) require a dark blue or black suit and tie or preferably a tuxedo.

Always plan for and dress to the top of the dress code never to the bottom and you will be remembered and appreciated by both crew and the rest of the passengers.

Well said :)

We need a like button.

A little secret that I probably should keep to myself...I get away with a black blazer and black slacks, black shoes, white shirt and conservative tie. The fashion police have not denied me access to the dining room or public rooms. I would love to wear my tux, but after traveling 2 or 3 months around Europe, my luggage is already full.

A little secret that I probably should keep to myself...I get away with a black blazer and black slacks, black shoes, white shirt and conservative tie. The fashion police have not denied me access to the dining room or public rooms. I would love to wear my tux, but after traveling 2 or 3 months around Europe, my luggage is already full.

You could always pick up a tux in Southampton or London on your way to the ship. After 2-3 months of travel in Europe the cost will not even be a blip on your screen.

You could always pick up a tux in Southampton or London on your way to the ship. After 2-3 months of travel in Europe the cost will not even be a blip on your screen.

Why did this idea never occur to me?

Lovely. Very stylish. I love seeing what people wear.

Very nicely done, Capt. BJ - dark suit, tux, lovely dress, evening gown...whatever the form, for a lot of us it's the spirit of the occasion. Something to celebrate.

Bravo !!

PS Thank you for your service with the USCG. I'd love to hear your stories !!