Insiders View Ship's Tour

Grandma Cruising

The "Land Discoveries" tour of the ship began in Feb. 2017. I agree that the previously free tours were available to any one who cared to ask for one. I complained about these new "paid tours" not realing fitting into Azamara's inclusive image on my mid-cruise comment card two weeks ago. The LD spokesperson called to tell me that this new policy was set by Miami, and that (of course) the new tours are much more intensive blah blah blah (but no free robes!). She also asked if I wanted to pass my comments on to Miami. That suprised me as I thought most of the comments would already be received by Miami. I certainly did want Miami to know that I am not happy with this new policy.

If you aren't happy about it then feed it back to both Miami and the ship. Remember the art auctions?

The art auctions will have been discontinued for lack of interest.

The same should happen with these tours.

I M O they are not worth paying for but OK IF FREE on sea days

• 2 weeks later...
Whilst some people were invited, it was also open to any passenger to go to guest relations and ask to put there name on the list for a tour. We went on a Bridge and a Galley tour by doing this when we were in an ocean-view cabin. We went on the Engine Control Room tour through an invitation because we were added to the VIP list. This was as a reward because we saved guest relations a lot of work informing them that UK visitors didn't need a visa for Vietnam and giving them the internet link to check for themselves. Apparently Azamara HQ hadn't told them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Quest in August 2016 & as like what Grandma said, there was an open invitation to all passengers for complementary tours of the bridge, engine room & gallery, by signing up at guest relations.