Kudos to crew

holomuku

If we want to give specific crew members kudos (in addition to the tips we gave them) is there an email address or somewhere we can write? I took the survey and thought it would somewhere in there ask if anyone in particular was worth mentioning but it didn't do that- it just was rather general. I'd like to recognize two of our favorite servers from the Quest Sunset Bar. Any suggestions?

Great idea to give positive feedback concerning crew members who have excelled.

We have found ways to mention specific crew members on the mid-cruise questionnaire and in the final online survey after the cruise.

More relevant to your question, before the online questionnaire became so accessible, after one of our cruises we sent a letter to the Miami office to ensure special recognition for those who deserved it. We received a rely to said letter, and I'm certain that it would be just as appreciated today.

Have never done this, but perhaps an email to our LCV Ambassador would also be a suitable strategy.

I'm certain others will have even better ideas,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always put a comment praising special members of the crew in the online survey. There isn't a special section but I just add my comments and individual praise in another section.

Also, I have sent a note via Guest Services to the Hotel Director in the past. This was when a crew member went way above and beyond his duties to help my mother. That same crew member then received the "employee of the month" award afterwards ....and it was well deserved.

That same crew member then received the "employee of the month" award afterwards ....and it was well deserved.

Isn't there a section in the mid cruise questionnaire?

Just wondered how the awards were recognised at White Night otherwise?

76335b479664c2fc06a0ba21a18e521c.jpg

I, too, use both the mid-cruise questionnaire as well as the final comments section of the post-cruise electronic survey to single out all of the individual crew members by name and title. I keep track of all of the names on my phone throughout the cruise so as to not overlook anyone. In addition, since the officers are all so visible throughout the cruise, I take those face-to-face opportunities to praise individual crew members by name. I definitely get the feeling that these comments are well received by both officers and crew, as I'm sure they are all subjected to much criticism already, which is the nature of the beast in any dealings with the public.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we want to give specific crew members kudos (in addition to the tips we gave them) is there an email address or somewhere we can write? I took the survey and thought it would somewhere in there ask if anyone in particular was worth mentioning but it didn't do that- it just was rather general. I'd like to recognize two of our favorite servers from the Quest Sunset Bar. Any suggestions?

I do agree that the first time we filled out the online survey we were not certain where to mention specific crew members.

If memory serves, our fist time through we added names about mid point in the questionnaire, but then discovered that there was seemingly a better section for that action at the end.

I can't recall if the wording has now changed. But this might be a good suggestion for Bonnie-- to have the team revisit the organization of the survey. Since one of the hallmarks of an Azamara cruise is interaction with the crew, perhaps they might check that it there is a clear opportunity to recognize outstanding service by staff members.

I think it is laudable that the OP wishes to follow up with their comments. I hope that at least one of the suggestions provides a useful path to do so.

Just turn the form over or attach a piece of paper to it and write away to your heart's content. When we travel Celebrity I fill those cards out a couple times during the cruise. They have immediate results: every time I've praised a person for something they've come to me the next day or so and told me they got extra internet minutes, or some time off a shift or a phone call home. These go into their files and are used for future promotions and raises. It's really well appreciated. Sometimes it's just a random cabin steward (not ours) who consistently smiles in the hallway day and night, and I will get their name and mention even that simple thing.

I tend to not do the online questionnaires post-cruise. I do all that during the cruise. I really don't like to do a number system on general categories. Mentioning the names of people, to me, is much more effective. When my cruise is done, I'm not going to start reviewing it afterwards. Compliments or complaints - I do that while on board.

I would imagine it's much the same on Azamara. We'll see, our first AZ cruise is summer 2018.

I rarely complete the mid Cruise questionnaire....perhaps because I rarely have an issue or complaint to address! However I always do the post cruise questionnaire because I usually have a lot of positive comments to make about my wonderful cruise. :)

I think the employee of the month awards may be based on the previous month ratings....this is certainly the case on Silversea.