Escape - District Brewhouse ??

volk904

Going on the Escape soon and wanted to know about the District Brewhouse?

If you have the Ultimate Drink package are the beers under $15 included? Do they serve and light food?

Anybody care to review the place?

We loved the District Brewhouse. We started going there for trivia one night midway through the cruise and wished we had started earlier in the week. They usually have trivia in there nightly at 7:30 with a different theme each night. There were five of us, two parents and three mid twenty-somethings and we all enjoyed it. Beers are included on the UDP but a couple of us who don't prefer beer loved some of their mixed drinks. They have a limited appetizer menu from Food Republic and the food was really good. We ordered the apps every time we went because they were so good. I think you will really enjoy it if you go.

Don't like the craft beers but my buddy does. Think he was able to order almost every beer they offered. Think there was 3 or 4 over the price limit. Thing he didn't like was not being able to order the 5 or 6 beer samplings. He felt it was a waste if you didn't like a beer. Bartenders had attitude of pour it out and order something else.

We never had trivia that I recall on our cruises. We had rockin' piano players/singers there nightly from about 8pm until midnight or 1am.

Of course it is included in the UBP terms. If you read them, you'll notice there isn't an exclusion. There are a couple things over $15, and you'd pay the difference in price if you get one of those. That leaves the other 48 or so beers included.

FYI, some of the beers changes regularly, like in most brewpubs on land.

We loved the District Brewhouse. We started going there for trivia one night midway through the cruise and wished we had started earlier in the week. They usually have trivia in there nightly at 7:30 with a different theme each night. There were five of us, two parents and three mid twenty-somethings and we all enjoyed it. Beers are included on the UDP but a couple of us who don't prefer beer loved some of their mixed drinks. They have a limited appetizer menu from Food Republic and the food was really good. We ordered the apps every time we went because they were so good. I think you will really enjoy it if you go.

I was unaware that they had an appetizer menu there, perhaps it wasn't an option yet when went back in January...or perhaps we overlooked it. Were the apps included or did you have to pay extra? tia

I have been waiting for one of the cruise ships to offer something like this. On my next cruise I am torn between Escape and Getaway because of the itinerary. The rest of my friends and family are going to want to go on the Getaway which my family has been on. But the eastern stops are kinda lame. I do not like Nassau So you have St Thomas and Tortola I like both of them so its like a 2 stop 1 week cruise.

We did a back to back cruise 4 weeks ago and the brew house was definitely one of our favourite bars. There is a weekly competition to see who drinks the most beers there. One point for every different beer so you end up mixing drinks but it was good fun. The bar staff are excellent there too. Sadly I was drinking with a lad from Wales so I didn't stand a chance in winning but it was good fun. I recommend going on the first day to sign up for the competition and you have the week then to decide how often you visit here. The piano player Tom Wolf is excellent too. He will do requests and join in the fun aswell.

Well done Aled on winning the competition.

#LEGEND

Edited by Johnsr420

I was unaware that they had an appetizer menu there, perhaps it wasn't an option yet when went back in January...or perhaps we overlooked it. Were the apps included or did you have to pay extra? tia

They have a few of the items from Food Republic that you can order to have brought over there, since the 2 are located nearby. You would pay the same prices you'd pay ordering those items directly from Food Republic. It's been this way from it's launch. I've never in 17 nights on the ship seen anyone eating anything in District, although I'm sure some probably have.

Edited by LrgPizza

They also had an awesome piano player most nights who did a show similar to Howl at Moon. Sing along songs, requests, some adult humor etc

LOL that would be Bo Tahana! He was hilarious, but had the same routine/jokes every night. We still went and still laughed. He was a good warm-up to Howl at the Moon :)

LOL that would be Bo Tahana! He was hilarious, but had the same routine/jokes every night. We still went and still laughed. He was a good warm-up to Howl at the Moon :)

We had Beau on one cruise, and Tom on another. Both are very talented, and great fun. We barely visited Howl at all on our last cruise, as the piano players sucked that week and The District player was so good!

That sucks about the piano players at Howl!

It's no big deal. With music in about 5 different places at once, we didn't even miss it. The good thing about the piano players is that they change all the time. Sometimes you'll have one that only has a week long contract, so you never know who you will get cruise to cruise.

We have a Howl at the Moon where I live, so we can get our fix any time.

They were extra since the food at Food Republic is extra. If I remember correctly they ran about $8-10 per app.

They have a few of the items from Food Republic that you can order to have brought over there, since the 2 are located nearby. You would pay the same prices you'd pay ordering those items directly from Food Republic. It's been this way from it's launch. I've never in 17 nights on the ship seen anyone eating anything in District, although I'm sure some probably have.

That's convenient.

that's great info to have... so if we can't get a reso in Food Republic, we can at least sample the eats with our beer!

There's no such thing as reservations for Food Republic. You walk in and sit down. We prefer eating lunch there, but it's also open for dinner. There are 4 items from there offered at The District, and probably 40 or more offered on the regular menu. All items are shareable, and sort of appetizer-style dishes. You order as many or as few as you want, and each dish comes out as soon as it is ready (not all at once), in no particular order.

• 2 weeks later...