MSC Website woes!

sidari

When do they normally send the documents by e-mail? Is it shortly after completing the web check in or is it at a specific time before the cruise? What happens if someone does not receive the e-mail with the documents. Can these documents be printed at the port at check in?

I'm not sure!

I completed my online check-in quite some time ago, but just went on and checked to make sure I had passport numbers and dates correct, about a week ago. I also added a few purchases (water package and ice cream/shakes package) about 4 days ago. I printed all of it out to be sure I had a record of the purchases once we got onboard.

We sail on 11/12.

Lo and behold this morning I got a 15 page pdf with all my docs, purchases, instructions for getting my credit card inputted onboard, time to be on board, muster drill instructions, luggage tags, etc! I was shocked to find everything was correct!!!

So exciting!

If you booked via a travel agency/agent, you have to have THEM request the info from MSC, just an FYI.

I booked with a TA and MSC just sent them to me...my TA didn't have anything to do with it. :confused:

I booked with a TA and MSC just sent them to me...my TA didn't have anything to do with it. :confused:

Most TA's simply go into your booking and request them for you. It still comes from MSC. Maybe they did that without you knowing? Of course, MSC being MSC you never know. :p

Bret

If you booked via a travel agency/agent, you have to have THEM request the info from MSC, just an FYI.

I got mine about a month ago from MSC then last week got an email from my TA that they had them ready to print.

Actually, when I contacted MSC they told me TA had to request them. I then contacted TA, they called MSC to request them and MSC sent them to me directly, about 10 minutes after the request. Just a FYI for anyone who is wondering.

I have never been able to log on to the MSC website using my username and password, which I wrote down in a book upon creation. Calls and e-mails to the company on this issue have always gone unanswered. I finally gave up.

The only way I can access my cruise is to input the actual booking number. MSC has had website problems since they started sailing in the US (don't know about before that, as I wasn't familiar with them). Despite promises to fix it, it still stinks and must drive potential customers away!

At one point, my MSC rewards number was merged with a couple from Brazil, and I began getting e-mails with their personal cruise information! A call got the e-mails stopped, but the next cruise I booked still auto-filled in their address, e-mail and phone number! :eek: My TA was finally able to get it straightened out after a long hold time.

Bottom line, the website mess is not reflective of the experience you will have once onboard, so don't fear! It is night and day, which is why I am willing to put up with the online issues and have my third and fourth MSC cruise booked currently.

Bottom line, the website mess is not reflective of the experience you will have once onboard, so don't fear! It is night and day, which is why I am willing to put up with the online issues and have my third and fourth MSC cruise booked currently.

My experience with the website has been the same as yours (without the added foreigners address! :roll eyes:)

So thank you for the reassurance that the cruise itself will be much better! That really sets my mind at ease since our November cruise will be our first MSC!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I have found the USA website has improved. Still quirky, but I'm able to get around it usually. For my last cruise I was able to call MSC with a few minor issues and they resolved it for me. So all in all, yes, more maintenance than other companies, but nothing unbearable.

I've not had problems with the website, but when it came time to book, I called in. I'm not sure why more people don't do this. My CSR was amazing, found cabins that were not available on the web site and did a great job.

Currently, I'm able to log in, see my trip, no worries at all. The weird part is that I was looking at Celeb contemplating an Alaska trip, and every trip I wanted showed no availability. Then I went to HAL, and had more problems.

Eventually, turning off AdBlocker and Ghostery solved those issues, but I began to wonder if MSC's IT dept. is actually sneaky good and had installed some virus on my machine making every other cruise lines websites useless.

Yes, the MSC website has some woes, but it is more forward-thinking in its approach than Royal Caribbean. Both interfaces have issues, although from what I had experienced the major difference is MSC will leave you at dead ends, where Royal Caribbean will only give you smaller annoyances.

One thing I don't like about MSC is that when do do a purchase it doesn't really give you a firm confirmation like I'm used to. Sure, I got the eventual email...but it would be nice to see a confirmation for pre-cruise purchases on-screen.

Also, their overall booking process online is, as Trump would say, "a disaster." Rates appear, rates disappear. Did a two cabin booking and for the second room it got to the last step with the credit card input and then it took away the room, saying the rate was unavailable. Sure enough, I pulled it up in a different browser and it the rate was no longer offered. I had to get someone customer service involved to help out the next day. Online check-in only worked in IE, not Chrome.

Edited by tencruises