Just joined the 20,000 points in the "Voyager's Club" club

Skier52

Having just returned from Aacruise on Splendida I've managed to go past the 20,000 points mark (20,100) by carefully planning the spread of On Board Spend (OBS) between myself and my wife. She has just missed by 100 points. We couldn't try for 20,000 each as it was almost a certainty that we would have ended up as 19,900 for both of us, such are the vagaries of the way MSC allocate OBS and pre-paid spend. This way we guaranteed one of us would get to the magic (I hope) number.

With the rumours of a new tier above BLACK I'm hoping that they keep the current ratios of roughly doubling the points required to move from one tier to the next.

Classic to Silver 2,200

X 1.95 for

Silver to Gold 4,300

X 2.33

Gold to Black 10,000

X 2.0

Black to new? 20,000?

average multiplier would be 2.09 ((1.95 + 2.33 + 2)/3)

Anybody else gone through this barrier?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Having just returned from Aacruise on Splendida I've managed to go past the 20,000 points mark (20,100) by carefully planning the spread of On Board Spend (OBS) between myself and my wife. She has just missed by 100 points. We couldn't try for 20,000 each as it was almost a certainty that we would have ended up as 19,900 for both of us, such are the vagaries of the way MSC allocate OBS and pre-paid spend. This way we guaranteed one of us would get to the magic (I hope) number.

With the rumours of a new tier above BLACK I'm hoping that they keep the current ratios of roughly doubling the points required to move from one tier to the next.

Classic to Silver 2,200

X 1.95 for

Silver to Gold 4,300

X 2.33

Gold to Black 10,000

X 2.0

Black to new? 20,000?

average multiplier would be 2.09 ((1.95 + 2.33 + 2)/3)

Anybody else gone through this barrier?

Pete

Malcolm and I are, Pete.

However, is Bedford ???

Mandy.

Malcolm and I are, Pete.

However, is Bedford ???

Mandy.

Bedford only has 14,600 because he is skinflint, he doesn't buy anything and always stops his daily service charge and only drinks when people buy them, (illegally as he is a minor), for him when I'm not there to supervise him.

So he has no spend points at all

Pete (Bedford's Guardian)

But people who have been Status matched to the top tier of Black from their existing loyalty scheme would have to be bumped up to the next new top level! Otherwise it would not be a status match.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think it would be great if those who've actually done the cruises and earned the points, would get a higher status than those of who've been status matched. As far as I know, Status Match is only a ONE-TiME thing. If you've received a match to whatever level, that's it, the rest is up to you. Right? Just as it should be IMO.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 28 nights on Sinfonia which gets me to 24700 if I've calculated right :rolleyes:

After 3 years of hearing onboard from many cruise consultants and social hosts/hostesses that MSC is considering introducing a new, higher level I've given up even asking if and when at this stage.

Just back from 28 nights on Sinfonia which gets me to 24700 if I've calculated right :rolleyes:

After 3 years of hearing onboard from many cruise consultants and social hosts/hostesses that MSC is considering introducing a new, higher level I've given up even asking if and when at this stage.

Wow. That's a long time to be aboard. I've also done a couple B2Bs in the past for 24 or 25 nights. Toward the end you really start looking forward to returning home.

Regarding the new higher level, my experience has been like yours: they're discussing it, they're thinking about a name, had a meeting last month, etc. etc. When they do I hope they decide on a very high number - even 50,000 points - otherwise it will just be like when Black was introduced and within a year there were hundreds of Black members on the cruises. In any case I hope the perks will include all the discounts we lost with the Voyagers Club - 25% off the cruise price to start with!

Wow. That's a long time to be aboard. I've also done a couple B2Bs in the past for 24 or 25 nights. Toward the end you really start looking forward to returning home.

Not me - the second leg was fantastic. It was mostly South Africans onboard which was a very new experience for me. They were a terrific bunch to cruise with!

Regarding the new higher level, my experience has been like yours: they're discussing it, they're thinking about a name, had a meeting last month, etc. etc. When they do I hope they decide on a very high number - even 50,000 points - otherwise it will just be like when Black was introduced and within a year there were hundreds of Black members on the cruises. In any case I hope the perks will include all the discounts we lost with the Voyagers Club - 25% off the cruise price to start with!

I couldn't agree more - though I think 50000 is a bit too high. But, as I discussed with the Social Hostess onboard, MSC needs to give us Black Card holders something to aim for - especially offering some decent perks. Otherwise, as I explained to her, there's no incentive being offered by MSC to me as a regular cruiser to cruise with them for the next 3 years. Certainly the way their prices are going (which was a factor for booking MSC), other cruise lines are looking very tempting for me to try out. Unlike MSC, at least they give everyone the same opportunity to book the best available cabins!