SY Class on HAL

Linda151

Were off on the HAL Eurodam at Christmas and chose a "Guaranteed SY" class cabin as there didn't seem to be much left and never cruised before, was this a good choice and how long before we cruise will we be allocated a cabin

Edited by Linda151

SA and SB are Neptune suites, but I have no idea what an SY is. If that is the code for a guaranteed Neptune suite or better, then you have chosen well and should not be concerned at all about the room. As to when the room is assigned, that usually happens between final payment date and sailing. You might call Holland America and ask if you have a room assignment yet.

SY is a common Signature Suite GTY cabin. Whether it is good or not depends on what you want in your cabin. But I doubt you will be unhappy.

You will be assigned your cabin anywhere from pier side to about 30 days out. Common seems to be 10-20 days out.

For all the HAL info you will ever need, check out the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to HAL, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Edited by CruiserBruce

Signature Suite is also very nice!

According to this, all the suites on Eurodam are getting an upgrade Dec 7 - 20.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/suite-life-even-sweeter-upgrades-200000649.html

You'll have to come back and tell us about the upgraded suite experience. These cabins on HAL were already very nice, but with the upgrades, they should be even better. BTW, with the guarantee, if all the Signature Suites sell out, they bump you up to a higher category. Don't worry too much about what suite you will get. The thing is all the suites on these major cruise lines are really nice. Once you are at that level, you pretty much will always have a great cabin on any cruise line.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The Eurodam has the Tamarind specialty restaurant besides the Pinnacle Grill.

Cost of the Tamarind is $20 per person -- Pan Asian food -- we love it. Lunch is free in the Tamarind --check your daily program (On Location) for the days it is open.

Pinnacle Grill charges $29 per person for dinner and $10 per person for lunch.

Once you have taken that first cruise, you will be hooked.

I have enjoyed 2 SY Signature Suites, both on the Noordam, and I am sure that my SY will be much like yours on the Eurodam. A stateroom with lots of room, a generous sized bathroom, and a large veranda with a table and 4 chairs along with two lounge chairs with pads. The Signature Suites are a considerable upgrade from a standard veranda stateroom, in my opinion.

Since your booking is a "guarantee", you may find yourself in a SS which will be the same type of stateroom on a different deck, which could be more desireable. Or, if Lady Luck is in your corner, you may find yourself in a Neptune Suite, SA, SB, or SC.

Best Wishes for a great Christmas cruise! I will be enjoying the holiday on the Prinsendam in my SY stateroom.