Oriana crowd ave age?

Saintston

Could anybody who has been on Oriana recently let me know what the average age of the passengers seems to be please? Looking at an Oriana cruise as a mid-thirties couple, after having only cruised on family ships, and don't want to get it wrong and end up with something that is clearly geared to the over seventies. :eek:

Could anybody who has been on Oriana recently let me know what the average age of the passengers seems to be please? Looking at an Oriana cruise as a mid-thirties couple, after having only cruised on family ships, and don't want to get it wrong and end up with something that is clearly geared to the over seventies. :eek:

The age will depend on the date of sailing, younger in the summer or holiday period. Older at other times or for long cruises. But many of the ships are the same. When we went to the East Coast of America there were only 3 children on Aurora. On Ventura to the Caribbean in January the same was true very few children and the majority of adults retired.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have been on Oriana twice, once for 7 nights and once for 14 nights. Whilst the average age was undoubtedly considerably older than us it is not as if you are going to be making friends with everyone on board. We felt that there were enough of our age to provide a good mix (we are late 40s) and there were definitely quite a few younger than us, particularly on the shorter cruise. And look on the bright side, you'll have the disco to yourselves!

Thanks both.

We are looking at the 12 night, 11th April sailing, which heads down to Cadiz. It crosses the Easter period.

You're right that we're not on board to make friends (we'll be doing Freedom Dining as usual), but my concern would be if everything (entertainment and so on) seemed to be geared towards the over seventies. We're not looking for riotous nightlife, but would still hope to see a mixture of age groups on board. :)

As far as I can tell from our limited experience, the entertainment seems pretty standard across all the ships. We have also cruised on Aurora who is a family ship and I'm pretty sure the shows were the same on both. And I think the guest artists are pretty much the same as well although I don't think you get magicians on an adult ship.

As far as I can tell from our limited experience, the entertainment seems pretty standard across all the ships. We have also cruised on Aurora who is a family ship and I'm pretty sure the shows were the same on both. And I think the guest artists are pretty much the same as well although I don't think you get magicians on an adult ship.

I agree we've been on Azura, Ventura and Oriana and we didn't really notice any difference in the entertainment in any of them. We didn't feel too young on Oriana although we are early 50's so obviously older than the OP. We had a Queen tribute show for example on Oriana, it was a short cruise (4 nights) and as Dai says they attract a slightly younger crowd anyway.

I am 70 and my husband 78. We always do our own excursions, like to dance etc. We find the shows old fashioned. I don't want to hear songs from WWII! I wasn't born then!! Some of the shows are really good and occasionally you get a good comedian, but not often. We have been on Azura, didn't find any difference in the entertainment, even though we weren't keen on the ship.

I am 70 and my husband 78. We always do our own excursions, like to dance etc. We find the shows old fashioned. I don't want to hear songs from WWII! I wasn't born then!! Some of the shows are really good and occasionally you get a good comedian, but not often. We have been on Azura, didn't find any difference in the entertainment, even though we weren't keen on the ship.

mind you, I look around and I feel young compared to some, who I suspect are younger than me.

Generally I find the adult only ships to have a demographic much older than us. To be honest we gave the shows up years ago, you can only watch them so many times. We don't mind sailing with older people but tend to go armed with a memory stick full of TV shows we want to catch up on and after dinner we tend to go back to the cabin. That's probably boring to most but it's down time for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I agree. But then if you want an adult only ship, that's the problem. I have been on Oriana when I felt like I was in a care home and I have been in late September and there has been a much wider age range. Doesn't bother us, we usually meet people who are like minded and have never had a bad table at dinner.

When I did a fortnight summer cruise on Oriana, as expected the average age was much older than Ventura.

I would guess only 5% of the passengers were below retirement age.

What was irritating was the shows. One of the Headliner shows was effectively 'Songs from the war' and the comedian they had was like something out of the 1970s.

Very different to the shows and acts on Ventura.