Trip Report: Harmony of the Seas

I have created a blog with lots of pictures and details from the Harmony of the Seas to my site http://www.smallworldtastes.com I also have posted the Cruise Compasses and Daily Planners. Here is the link. I'll answer any questions if able. Enjoy! Happy cruising!

http://www.smallworldtastes.com/royal-caribbean-harmony-of-the-seas-mediterranean-trip-report/

Thanks for all the details and photos!!

Did you happen to notice if the Chef's table was being offered as a specialty dining option?

Did you purchase a drink package?

I don't recall hearing anything about the Chefs Table. If it was offered it will be on the Cruise Compass located at http://www.smallworldtastes.com/royal-caribbean-harmony-of-the-seas-western-mediterranean-cruise-compass/

I did not purchase a drink packege. There was lemonade, teas, and flavored water available at most restaurants (except Sorrentos).

Thanks for the pictures of the cabin. Perhaps I haven't been paying attention to other discussions about the Harmony cabins, but it looks like they cut the size of the closet in half. You show a picture of the safe, some shelves and a hanging area that looks to be about 20 inches wide. It looks to be nxt to the bed. Is this true? If so. I'm not sure how this works with 2, 3 or 4 people in a balcony cabin.

Thanks for the pictures of the cabin. Perhaps I haven't been paying attention to other discussions about the Harmony cabins, but it looks like they cut the size of the closet in half. You show a picture of the safe, some shelves and a hanging area that looks to be about 20 inches wide. It looks to be nxt to the bed. Is this true? If so. I'm not sure how this works with 2, 3 or 4 people in a balcony cabin.

There is a closet on each side of the bed.

Very nice review so far. It is getting me excited for the Harmony TA in October! :)

One comment about the cabins - they look just like the cabins on Quantum class ships. There is plenty of storage space. We were on Ovation for 30 days and brought a TON of luggage but still had plenty of room for everything.

One request. Do you have the Daily Planner for Day 7? That was your only sea day and I am curious what kind of activities they scheduled for sea days since we will have a lot of them.

Edited by eel

Very nice review so far. It is getting me excited for the Harmony TA in October! :)

One request. Do you have the Daily Planner for Day 7? That was your only sea day and I am curious what kind of activities they scheduled for sea days since we will have a lot of them.

I hadnt reaized I didn't post day 7. When I get home from work I'll see if I have it.

As Clarea noted there are 2 closets. One on each side of the bed. I just uploaded some additional pictures showing the 2nd closet and the sofa.

Hi,

Thanks for the great review, i cant believe how there has been hardly any reviews of the the Harmony.I expected there to be loads as it is such a new ship.

I can't wait to read more. Your pics are great and it is making me very excited as I am going on the Harmony in 20 days. Not quite counting the hours but i know that wont be long haha.

I have created a blog with lots of pictures and details from the Harmony of the Seas to my site http://www.smallworldtastes.com I also have posted the Cruise Compasses and Daily Planners. Here is the link. I'll answer any questions if able. Enjoy! Happy cruising!

http://www.smallworldtastes.com/royal-caribbean-harmony-of-the-seas-mediterranean-trip-report/

I note in the Daily Planner that is not Music and dancing from 6:00 to 7:30 :confused:

where can I take a drink and listen to music Before dinner?

Looks like you had a fabulous time and your photos are great! We are sailing Harmony in November and I am loving your report. We saw MO5IAC on Freedom of the Seas several years ago and they are phenomenal. I'm hoping they make an appearance on our cruise too!

As Clarea noted there are 2 closets. One on each side of the bed. I just uploaded some additional pictures showing the 2nd closet and the sofa.

Thanks for the additional pictures and explanation. I've always felt a little cramped in the Oasis cabins and this arrangement doesn't seem to improve the situation. The large closet in the middle of the room would seem to take even more space away from an already small couch or sofa bed and tend to make two small areas. It would also appear that when the bed is split into two beds the light on the headboard would be above the pillow. (Don't sit up quickly) We are scheduled for a trip on the Harmony next Spring. thanks again.

Thanks for the additional pictures and explanation. I've always felt a little cramped in the Oasis cabins and this arrangement doesn't seem to improve the situation. The large closet in the middle of the room would seem to take even more space away from an already small couch or sofa bed and tend to make two small areas. It would also appear that when the bed is split into two beds the light on the headboard would be above the pillow. (Don't sit up quickly) We are scheduled for a trip on the Harmony next Spring. thanks again.

We actually really enjoyed this configuration a lot. I've sailed on the Oasis and this room felt roomier. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stateroom regardless.

How do I sign up to follow your blog?

If you are viewing my blog http://www.smallworldtastes.com from

a desktop "subscribe newsletter" will be in the right sidebar. Enter your email there.

If you are on a mobile device "subscribe newsletter" will be near the bottom of the page

I will be adding the remaining days from the Harmony of the Seas next week and additional content in the coming weeks. All subscribers will be immediately notified of new posts. Thanks!

Do you have any other photos of the main dining room menus from different nights?

Did you eat dinner anywhere in Barcelona before your cruise? I would be interested in your recommendations.

Also, did you eat lunch in Palma? If so, what do you recommend?

Thanks for all the info! We sail Harmony in September and are looking forward to it.

Do you have any other photos of the main dining room menus from different nights?

Did you eat dinner anywhere in Barcelona before your cruise? I would be interested in your recommendations.

Also, did you eat lunch in Palma? If so, what do you recommend?

Thanks for all the info! We sail Harmony in September and are looking forward to it.

We only ate in the MDR a couple of nights so I don't have any other menus.

While in Barcelona I enjoyed dining at Bar Canete, Succulent, and Chok (desserts)

I ate lunch in Palma but it wasn't anything special so unfortunately I don't remember the name of the restaurant.

Day 4 which was Florence / Pisa was just uploaded today at http://www.smallworldtastes.com/day-4-la-spezia-italy-florence-pisa/ and I am doing on doing a review of Barcelona (dining, attractions) when i'm done with the cruise.

I know you will have a great time in September!