FTTF worth it if...

TinkyPatz

Given the following, do you think FTTF is worth it?

*We always get to the port super early and don't mind waiting there for them to begin boarding.

*Leaving from Port Canaveral (in case some find this relevant)

*Ports are: St Marten (with 4 other ships in port that day), and the day where it seems there's a possibility we might tender.

*St Kitts: have excursion with Carnival scheduled so no worries about what time we get off the ship.

*Puerto Rico: meeting family so would like to get off the ship ASAP and the reason I'm considering FTTF, but since we dock, how much time could it save us if we are up bright and early and ready to go?

*Grand Turk: dock, not in a hurry to get off ship.

So, in your opinion, is it worth it in our situation?

NO one can decide for you if it is worth it or not.

It is always worth it to us! Getting to the port early doesn't change things as with FTTF you'd be able to get on board earlier than others AND your cabin will be ready immediately so you can drop off stuff and not carry anything around with you.

We also like getting off the ship early at the end of the cruise and getting onto tenders as we please and not waiting in line for a number.

There is also the special line for guest services which is nice. For us, now that we are used to it we will always buy FTTF!

If you are trying to justify the purchase of FTTF then it isn't worth it. If, when booking the cruise you are gung-ho to get FTTF as part of the cruise perks then by all means go for it. Otherwise its a sort of should I, shouldn't I and that means it doesn't really reach out and grab you. I'd say save the 60 bucks and buy yourself something fun for the trip.

FTTF doesn't get you off the ship any faster for ports where you dock. It will get you on a priority tender for ports where a tender is required.

I would say that the decision as to whether it is worth it is this: is it worth $50 for you to get to your cabin as soon as you board or to be one of the first folks off the ship at the end of the cruise? For me, that would depend on how much I carried on and whether I was cruising solo or not (more likely if I were as it's hard to get lunch while carrying around your carry on and no one is with you to watch your stuff).

I have used FTTF, and definately think it is worth the money. Priority embarkation and debarkation are great, and being able to drop your stuff off in your cabin as soon as you get on the boat is great. Having priority for any tender ports is another great benefit. I don't always buy it, but when I have, I feel that it was money well spent.

With FTTF you get:

Priority embarkation - your cabin immediately ready - can drop your stuff off

Priority tender at ports where tender is used

Dedicated guest services line and phone number

Priority debarkation - off the ship early

Look at it this way, if there are two of you, it is only $25.00 per person ($50.00 per cabin) for FTTF. We believe it is more than worth it given the benefits outlined above.

Just having our room ready and not having to carry our carry-on luggage around makes it worth it to us. We have been completely unpacked by 12:30 before. I have bought it last three cruises and will continue to buy it.

This!!!!! Just booked the Magic for next summer out of Port Canaveral, and AMAZINGLY, FTTF was available.

We scooped it right up!!!!:D:D

Agree with you about just being able to go to the room and drop the bags.

Also, the short lines at GS is the BOMB!!!!!!

Feel lucky that we got it. Thought it would be too early, but I guess not.:D

If you notice almost all responders who have used it in the past try to get it every time and those that look at it and consider it not worth it will probably always feel that way. We have it for our cruise and all of our friends who have used it in the past say they will always try to get it. It comes down to a time, convenience vs money issue. For my family it is easily worth a few dollars for this perk. For others the money is more valuable than their time and that is all fine. It is just a personal choice that only you can make and both views are equally valid to each individual.

The one and only value I find with FTTF is the shorter line at guest services. Invariably, I always wind up there at least once. Plus I buy gift cards and the kioks don't always work. So it's never worth it for me if they didn't have that. And for $60 now, I'm not sure I would buy it just for one perk. I'm sort of over the hype of FTTF.

My husband who is an absolute cheap-o loves it. He think's it's the greatest think ever. I love it too. I really thought I was going to have a difficult time convincing him to book it on this upcoming Breeze cruise with no tender ports. I thought he wouldn't think there was any value in it.

But, we love it for Priority Embark and Debark, we also really do love getting our room early too. We spend so much time on our balcony and after traveling it's so nice to finally get to that balcony and sit out in the sun!

Honestly, OP, you are the only one who can determine if it's worth it. We don't know your finances and how much $60 is worth to you. We think it's worth the money to get to our room early and unpack, but others don't think it's worth the money. I can say one thing and someone else another.

As other's said you can only decide. I got it because we were tendering and I had to be the first off the ship in NYC to go to work directly from the ship, so for two people it was worth it.

Next cruise out of Port Everglades I arrive the night before, no tender ports and when I leave the ship I'm visiting my brother for four days so in no rush to see him so I won't be getting it.

I hardly ever use guest services but it was nice when I didn't get my drink letter, oh yeah no more drinks letters so I now wouldn't have to use it.

The tender benefit is great, walked right down to the current boat that was loading, only a wheel chair passenger went in front of us. If I was tendering without an excursion I would get it.

FWIW

Hi TinkyPatz :)

The best way to decide if FTTF is worth it to you or not is to evaluate the (7 Benefits) of FTTF to make an informed decision.

The 7 Benefits Of Faster To The Fun:

1) Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

2) Access to your stateroom when you board

3) Express luggage delivery to your stateroom

4) A dedicated (4-digit phone line) & (special line) at guest services

5) Priority dinner reservations

6) Priority tender

7) Debarkation choices (Early 'or' Late Disembarkation)

Detailed FTTF info & (Benefits Explained) Located At:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/FastertotheFunPackage.htm

Have a great day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I've thought about it, and it's not worth it to me on my next cruise. I have no tenders, the luggage/room ready option is no big deal, and I use self assist to get off the boat...I'm normally in the first 10 people to get off. Now if I had a tender port, you betcha! We got to the tender line early, and still waited forever to get off in my last tender.

If you do not mind watching people board before you and do not mind waiting, then no, it is probably not worth it.

I know that when I watch 1000 people board the boat before me it burns a hole in the fabric of my soul. Just saying.

Thank you for posting PortSideCruzan!

Clearly there are more benefits to faster to the fun than simply boarding the ship early!

:cool:

Hi TinkyPatz :)

The best way to decide if FTTF is worth it to you or not is to evaluate the (7 Benefits) of FTTF to make an informed decision.

The 7 Benefits Of Faster To The Fun:

1) Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

2) Access to your stateroom when you board

3) Express luggage delivery to your stateroom

4) A dedicated (4-digit phone line) & (special line) at guest services

5) Priority dinner reservations

6) Priority tender

7) Debarkation choices (Early 'or' Late Disembarkation)

Detailed FTTF info & (Benefits Explained) Located At:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/FastertotheFunPackage.htm

Have a great day!

:)