Allure of the Seas

louise000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi we are going on this ship in a few weeks and im just wondering if anyone knows which nights are the formal nights? And also is there a wine package available to purchase onboard? We usually purchase the 7 bottle wine package before we sail but it isn't coming up as an option. Oh and what night is the parade on? Many thanks in advance

Menu order:

West: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Shiitake, Pomodoro

East: Mojo, Saffron (Formal), Pimiento, Shiitake, Basil, Jasmine (Formal), Pomodoro

Edited by clarea

We are on the Allure in 4 weeks.

Formal nights Monday and Friday,

Dont know when the parade is but their is a post on here with all the cruise compasses for the Allure in the med. Just go through all the posts it was quite recent.

Dont think there is an option for wine packages anymore,

Maria

On the Med cruises formal nights are La Palma and Naples. Menus are (starting in Barcelona): Mojo, Saffron, Arugula, Pimiento,Shiitake, Jasmine and Pomodoro

La Spezia: Disco Inferno Street Party

Civitavecchia: Dreamworks Parade

steamboats

On the Med cruises formal nights are La Palma and Naples. Menus are (starting in Barcelona): Mojo, Saffron, Arugula, Pimiento,Shiitake, Jasmine and Pomodoro

La Spezia: Disco Inferno Street Party

Civitavecchia: Dreamworks Parade

steamboats

What is Mojo Saffron ... is this the name of the menu?

if so what is actually on each menu

Actually the menus do get adjusted to the region the cruise is going. The menus in the press kit are the US/Caribbean menus.

The Med menus are a little bit different like there´s no lobster and the Shrimp Gyoza turns into a Chicken Gyoza.

steamboats

My friend ended up canceling their wine package when they had it because they were unable to get better options for wine by the glass with the package. They went to Vintages onboard and got a deal for many bottles of great wine. If you want to sample better wines or are a wine contesor give Vintages a try.

Last thing I´ve heard is that RCI has discontinued the wine package earlier this year. Some ships anyway do offer a package once you´re onboard. The Allure did not offer any wine packages.

steamboats

The recent excellent review by hardrocknerd showed that the Allure did have a wine package - post #38 here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251756&page=2

Bobal,

Good to see! That´s definitely a new flyer (mentioning the 18% Service Charge plus the 10% Spanish VAT). They didn´t have this in May. But the selection of wine is much less than it used to be.

steamboats

That's what I thought (bold letters)

I'm hoping they have a package for the Transatlantic. Even with reduced choices it's worth taking - particularly on a 12 day cruise :)

I found a 2015 wine list (I didn´t take photos on the Allure as we never were offered the wine list):

Whites

30 - Castello del Pogio Moscato

37 - Attems Pinot Grigio

30 - Caliterra Sauvignon Blanc

30 - Penfolds Chardonnay

30 - Beringer White Zinfandel

Reds

42 - Spy Valley Pinot Noir

38 - Charles Krug Merlot

34 - Arboleda Carmenere

44 - Marchesi de Frescobaldi Chianti

30 - Trompeter by Rutini Malbec

41 - Torres Ribera ...

40 - Oberon Cabernet Sauvignon

Wow, the prices went down quite a bit since 2013. I had the Marchesi for 57, the Spy Valley for 53 and the Charles Krug for 56 on the Navigator on 2013.

So to pay off the 5 bottle package for 155 or the 7 bottle package for 205 Dollars better stick to the reds and stay away from the much cheaper whites ;-)! BTW the Chianti was really very nice. But for some reason they´ve told us after the second bottle that they´ve ran out of it...

steamboats