Berth 46-Los Angeles-Jewel of the Seas

dl6996

We will be heading out on Jewel from berth 46 at the port of los angeles on October 3. Where will we check in for the cruise as there is no facility at that berth? Do they just set up computers under some tents? Does this delay boarding? Most importantly should we have our shuttle driver drop us off directly at 46--or do we have to get dropped off at the 91-93 and take another bus? We are hoping to board and have lunch around 1130am.

Very confusing!

thanks!

portoflosangeles.org

on 10/3 shows 3 other ships at B92, 93, 94 and does show Jewel OS at B46.

We are on Jewel OS 9/26, we depart from B92, and return on Oct. 3 to B46.

10/3 Jewel departs from B46, but returns 10/10 to B92.

Not sure of actual detail on getting to/from B46, but I will check and post if do find answer.

I think they provide a shuttle. Not certain.

Other options:

Call Ports America

Call Parking Concepts Inc. which operates World Cruise Center parking

Your TA

RCCL

Check/ post at the Meet and Mingle for Jewel 10/3 on Cruise Critic

Edited by traveler/

portoflosangeles.org

on 10/3 shows 3 other ships at B92, 93, 94 and does show Jewel OS at B46.

We are on Jewel OS 9/26, we depart from B92, and return on Oct. 3 to B46.

10/3 Jewel departs from B46, but returns 10/10 to B92.

Not sure of actual detail on getting to/from B46, but I will check and post if do find answer.

I think they provide a shuttle. Not certain.

Other options:

Call Ports America

Call Parking Concepts Inc. which operates World Cruise Center parking

Your TA

RCCL

Check/ post at the Meet and Mingle for Jewel 10/3 on Cruise Critic

My Correction:

I typed B94 for one of the berths on 10/3, it is actually B54 listed on the Ports America World Cruise Center Schedule.

Schedule is at: https://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Anyone with ship berth questions should verify with their cruise line/ documentation, TA, or port schedules.

Thank you to the other posters for information, photos, and links they provided. Very helpful.

Here are links to helpful discussions which includes photos of berth 46 about 10/3 with 4 ships in the Port of LA:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225559

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47001107

Astro Flyer.....That 2nd link is great. I copied and posted over to our JOTS 10/3 Roll Call. Thanks for finding it.

Astro Flyer.....That 2nd link is great. I copied and posted over to our JOTS 10/3 Roll Call. Thanks for finding it.

I'm glad that it was beneficial for you & your JOTS r/c...I merely bookmarked the post by "RickEk" who deserves the credit for it. ;)

Thanks for the link.

I haven't read everything, but am I correct to park in the regular 92/93 lot on Sept 26th, and get shuttled from 46 back to 92/93 on Oct 3rd ?

I guess that is assuming we get a parking place. :)

Patti

Edited by sassyredhat

Thanks for the link.

I haven't read everything, but am I correct to park in the regular 92/93 lot on Sept 26th, and get shuttled from 46 back to 92/93 on Oct 3rd ?

Patti

Looking at info on the 2nd link that appears to be the procedure in the past & another post said the 1 passenger per group shuttle procedure was not enforced. Possibly enough passengers followed the procedures which resulted in a smoother process of getting back to the parking lot.

There was a post regarding same thing a few months ago. I recall there was a shuttle, & passengers were told only one person could get on the shuttle to retrieve car, but when they got to the shuttle they let all on. I believe the ship was the Crown sometime back in Jan.
Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Astro~~Sorry I can't remember your name. :)

I think we may have been on the same cruise before.

Patti

You're welcome Patti...it's Frank & both of us have sailed PCL's Crown, Golden & Sapphire.

Here's where I've sailed on those ships: Crown (NE/Canada; Rome to Galveston; LA Getaway), Golden (Hawaii; SA; Alaska; NE/Canada) and Sapphire (Mexico; Wine Country Coastal; LA Getaway; CA Coastal).

Anything sound familiar?

Next month during a Crown CA Coastal I'll visit my 1st cruise ship that's homeported in SD...USS Midway. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Looking at info on the 2nd link that appears to be the procedure in the past & another post said the 1 passenger per group shuttle procedure was not enforced. Possibly enough passengers followed the procedures which resulted in a smoother process of getting back to the parking lot.

When we disembarked Crown Princess on February 2 (I think that was the date) at 46, there was no indication anywhere (other than a pre-cruise email from Princess) that only one person was to ride back to the parking lot. The "shuttle buses" were full size tour buses, and every passenger was directed to one. The driver stowed the luggage underneath and took it out when we got back to Berth 93. It really went quite smoothly, but it did tack on another 20-30 minutes to get on the road.

Unless you're talking about dropping people off to embark, in which case, never mind.;)

Thanks for the link.

Patti

When we disembarked Crown Princess on February 2 (I think that was the date) at 46, there was no indication anywhere (other than a pre-cruise email from Princess) that only one person was to ride back to the parking lot. The "shuttle buses" were full size tour buses, and every passenger was directed to one. The driver stowed the luggage underneath and took it out when we got back to Berth 93. It really went quite smoothly, but it did tack on another 20-30 minutes to get on the road.

Unless you're talking about dropping people off to embark, in which case, never mind.;)

Thanks...that should be helpful to those passengers at berth 46. Thankfully my cruise is later in the month & uses berth 93 where the Love Boat sailed.

You're welcome Patti...it's Frank & both of us have sailed PCL's Crown, Golden & Sapphire.

Here's where I've sailed on those ships: Crown (NE/Canada; Rome to Galveston; LA Getaway), Golden (Hawaii; SA; Alaska; NE/Canada) and Sapphire (Mexico; Wine Country Coastal; LA Getaway; CA Coastal).

Anything sound familiar?

Next month during a Crown CA Coastal I'll visit my 1st cruise ship that's homeported in SD...USS Midway. :)

Hi Frank. We were probably on the same roll call on one of the coastals or getaways. :)

I see the Midway often, and a church friend is a docent there. I have been aboard for a concert, but I haven't taken the tour---bad legs.

Patti

Hi Frank. We were probably on the same roll call on one of the coastals or getaways. :)

I see the Midway often, and a church friend is a docent there. I have been aboard for a concert, but I haven't taken the tour---bad legs.

Patti

Hi Patti...hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

I've only visited the Midway once & talked to a docent who was in a squadron during my years assigned to the catapult crew. It was fun to swap sea stories about our time...to laugh at some of the funny things...to get misty eyed at the tragedies. I've been in contact with the Midway's staff and now they attempt to get former crewmembers to their work and berthing spaces which we hope to do next month.

With bad legs there are some places that require walking up stairs but since becoming a museum they have made modifications to make many areas of the ship more accessible to those with mobility issues. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer