Regal Princess Caribe balcony

JoRoy218

Anyone know if Caribe balconies are same design as other Princess ships? (Larger, half-covered). Thanks.

No, Caribe balconies aren't the same design on the Regal. The sizes of the balconies range from small to large and the cabins can be standard, Deluxe and Mini- suites. There no longer is one deck of balconies all the same such as Dolphin and Caribe on the older ships. :)

Appreciate your response Mom. So I take it that all balconies in that class (balcony and deluxe) are uniform in size? Do you know of a preferable deck/location for deluxe balcony? Thanks again.

On the Royal and Regal, Caribe deck is no longer the deck to get a large balcony. They are the same size as other balcony's on different decks. Large balcony's can be found for some premium balcony cabins such as aft. You would have to study the deck plans carefully before booking or ask your travel agent which balconies are the large ones.

While there are exceptions, the majority of the balconies on Regal/Royal are nine feet by four feet. Some say forty inches depending on how you measure them. Some find them more than adequate. Others do not. Regardless, you should plan on having the chairs facing each other, ie, parallel to the balcony rails. Some shorter passengers have been able to face the rails but others indicate that is very cramped.

Appreciate your response Mom. So I take it that all balconies in that class (balcony and deluxe) are uniform in size? Do you know of a preferable deck/location for deluxe balcony? Thanks again.

Actually, no. We have been in a Deluxe balcony cabin with a love seat on Dolphin deck but it had a standard balcony of 41 sq. ft. I have also been on Emerald deck in a regular balcony cabin that had a much larger balcony mid ship.

If you want a larger balcony in your cabin, you will find them on forward facing, Mid ship and aft facing cabins on each deck. The deck plans will advise you of the balcony size. Just click on the cabin and it will give you the specs.

As for the 41 sq.ft. balconies, we sat at an angle to view the ocean and each other, not parallel to the railing. We were quite comfortable as we usually sit the same way on large balconies. :)

For port and starboard, balconies on one deck are the same exact size as on every other passenger deck and all are covered.

As others have pointed out, on each deck there are certain balconies larger than others, but that is exactly the same on all the passenger decks.

I just went through an exercise for friends who are considering sailing with us next year that may help. As others have said, the great majority of the balconies ont the Regal and Royal are of a uniform size (very small, in my opinion), and virtually all are fully covered by the balcony above.

The few exceptions on the sides of the ship are some of the larger balconies far forward on Emerald Deck; and the midships balcony cabins on either side of the "point" on the "bump-out" section beneath the Sky Walk (Starboard side) and the Skyview Bar (Port side).

If you look at the deck plans it will be immediately obvious which cabins have the largest balconies.

Some of the aft cabins also have large balconies, but both the Regal and Royal have serious problems with soot from the stacks raining down on those balconies making them virtually unusable for many (us included). It's too bad, because those large balcony and wake views from the Deluxe Balcony aft cabin we had were spectacular, but we could not use the balcony at all.

Finally, I would note that, while the Emerald Deck balcony cabins in the midships section I mentioned above are designated "obstructed view", there is actually no obstruction in front of these midships cabins, and some of the balconies in this area are some of the biggest on the ship. For instance, we were in E429 and a friend was in E433 last year, and we LOVED these balconies (though the cabins, themselves, were only standard balcony, and seemed smaller than the standard balcony cabins on the Grand Class ships). In this instance, however, in my opinion Starboard side is much preferable to Port side, as there is nothing "noisy" beneath these Emerald Deck cabins on the Starboard side, but the Crooners Bar is directly beneath the similar cabins on the Port side, and people have reported noise issues in the Port side cabins.

Being a fan of the Grand Class ships' Caribe Deck balconies, I've made a study of which balconies are the closest to those on the Regal and Royal.

I hope this helps.

p.s. - here is a sample of the section of the Regal deck plans pointing out some of the largest balconies available on the Regal and Royal. Every deck has some variation of this same balcony configuration in this area.

RegalSample_zpszvwmpee1.png

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Thank you so much 5:00 (love the name!). I appreciate all the efforts. What a shame about soot affecting balcony time. I'd seriously have a big problem with that. Am sure Princess has heard it. I am going to miss the Caribe balcony. We started and ended our days out there. Special times!

I just went through an exercise for friends who are considering sailing with us next year that may help. As others have said, the great majority of the balconies ont the Regal and Royal are of a uniform size (very small, in my opinion), and virtually all are fully covered by the balcony above.

The few exceptions on the sides of the ship are some of the larger balconies far forward on Emerald Deck; and the midships balcony cabins on either side of the "point" on the "bump-out" section beneath the Sky Walk (Starboard side) and the Skyview Bar (Port side).

If you look at the deck plans it will be immediately obvious which cabins have the largest balconies.

Some of the aft cabins also have large balconies, but both the Regal and Royal have serious problems with soot from the stacks raining down on those balconies making them virtually unusable for many (us included). It's too bad, because those large balcony and wake views from the Deluxe Balcony aft cabin we had were spectacular, but we could not use the balcony at all.

Finally, I would note that, while the Emerald Deck balcony cabins in the midships section I mentioned above are designated "obstructed view", there is actually no obstruction in front of these midships cabins, and some of the balconies in this area are some of the biggest on the ship. For instance, we were in E429 and a friend was in E433 last year, and we LOVED these balconies (though the cabins, themselves, were only standard balcony, and seemed smaller than the standard balcony cabins on the Grand Class ships). In this instance, however, in my opinion Starboard side is much preferable to Port side, as there is nothing "noisy" beneath these Emerald Deck cabins on the Starboard side, but the Crooners Bar is directly beneath the similar cabins on the Port side, and people have reported noise issues in the Port side cabins.

Being a fan of the Grand Class ships' Caribe Deck balconies, I've made a study of which balconies are the closest to those on the Regal and Royal.

I hope this helps.

p.s. - here is a sample of the section of the Regal deck plans pointing out some of the largest balconies available on the Regal and Royal. Every deck has some variation of this same balcony configuration in this area.

RegalSample_zpszvwmpee1.png

I agree the Grand class ships caribe balconeys are the best. My DW and I have made the decision to stay away from both new ships, and continue crushing with large balconeys. We spend so much time on them, I like to be comfortable.

Thank you so much 5:00 (love the name!). I appreciate all the efforts. What a shame about soot affecting balcony time. I'd seriously have a big problem with that. Am sure Princess has heard it. I am going to miss the Caribe balcony. We started and ended our days out there. Special times!

You're very welcome. I'm happy I could help. We're the same as you, start and end our days on our Caribe balconies on the Grand Class ships; and hang out there a good amount in between. Some of the aft cabins on the Royal and Regal had HUGE balconies, and Baja and Dolphin deck offer the partial covered/partial uncovered feature like the Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships.

Some people have said the didn't mind the soot issue, and that the cabin steward would clean the balconies off in the morning, but our experience was that it was literally raining soot on us the entire time the ship was moving forward. It just wasn't worth it to us.

And, while it's not quite the same, those balcony cabins I indicated above have been a very nice alternative when sailing on the Royal and Regal. We found they gave us plenty of light, so that we didn't miss the half uncovered feature too much. ;)

I would add one final note: as you may be ware, these ships have a new feature on the Lido Deck called the SkyWalk on the Starboard side and the SkyView Bar on the Port side. They are walkways that arch out over the side of the ship with glass panes in the floor so that you can look down on the sea. On the Starboard side, there is a large open gap between the arched walkway and the side of the ship, and this affords people on the SkyWalk the opportunity to look down on the balconies below. This is not such a big deal on the lower decks, as it is no different than on the Caribe deck balconies on a Grand Class ship. However, the closer you get to the SkyWalk itself, it becomes possible for people on the SkyWalk to actually see into the cabins through the sliding glass doors. In my experience, this affects approximately Aloha Deck and higher (possibly Baja, but I don't think so.) Just thought I should mention this, as it has been a concern for some people.

I hope all this helps, and that you're able to find a cabin to your liking. The Grand Class ships are by far our favorites, but The Royal and Regal do offer some nice new features that we enjoy as well.

Happy sailing!

I hope this helps.

Excellent!

I would add one final note: as you may be ware, these ships have a new feature on the Lido Deck called the SkyWalk on the Starboard side and the SkyView Bar on the Port side. They are walkways that arch out over the side of the ship with glass panes in the floor so that you can look down on the sea. On the Starboard side, there is a large open gap between the arched walkway and the side of the ship, and this affords people on the SkyWalk the opportunity to look down on the balconies below. This is not such a big deal on the lower decks, as it is no different than on the Caribe deck balconies on a Grand Class ship. However, the closer you get to the SkyWalk itself, it becomes possible for people on the SkyWalk to actually see into the cabins through the sliding glass doors. In my experience, this affects approximately Aloha Deck and higher (possibly Baja, but I don't think so.)

990101%20025%2001.01.15%20View%20through%20SeaWalk%20opening%20DSC04443_zpshjrt4d7v.jpg

891230%20117%2012.30.14%20View%20down%20from%20SeaWalk%20deck%2016%20DSC04093_zpsaxlpzr9e.jpg

Appreciate all the input re: balconies. We "settled" on a Deluxe Balcony on Caribe mid-aft. Hope soot is not an issue. Guess we need to reconcile itinerary is more important than a large balcony. 😏

Appreciate all the input re: balconies. We "settled" on a Deluxe Balcony on Caribe mid-aft. Hope soot is not an issue. Guess we need to reconcile itinerary is more important than a large balcony. 😏

You should be fine.

It is the aft facing cabins that have the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Our friends are traveling with us on a 20 day Caribbean October 27th 2016. We have L115 and L109 on the Lido Deck and was wondering if the balcony can open up so we can share this space. This will be our first time on the Royal looking so forward to the trip... Thanks for your help

Our friends are traveling with us on a 20 day Caribbean October 27th 2016. We have L115 and L109 on the Lido Deck and was wondering if the balcony can open up so we can share this space. This will be our first time on the Royal looking so forward to the trip... Thanks for your help

Yes. Just ask your steward.