Live bands at the Pools

Marlenascruising

We havent cruised in a while. On our 1st few cruises we really enjoyed listening to live music at the pools on sea days. On some of our most recent cruises we noticed more DJ's & less live music. Does anyone know if Royal Princess has live bands at the pool?

We havent cruised in a while. On our 1st few cruises we really enjoyed listening to live music at the pools on sea days. On some of our most recent cruises we noticed more DJ's & less live music. Does anyone know if Royal Princess has live bands at the pool?

Generally not too often. The Royal has one main lido pool with a movie screen. During the daytime they will broadcast the morning show, some classic movies, DVD's of concerts. At times there may be a DJ or and hour or so of live music. The live deck bands are something we miss, and the movie screen is a poor replacement.

Generally not too often. The Royal has one main lido pool with a movie screen. During the daytime they will broadcast the morning show, some classic movies, DVD's of concerts. At times there may be a DJ or and hour or so of live music. The live deck bands are something we miss, and the movie screen is a poor replacement.

We also miss the live bands by the pool. Wish Princess would bring them back.

I think live bands, especially on the more tropical itineraries are really nice as well. I sailed on Regal last year, and this is what I noted regarding this topic in my live trip report. I presume we can expect similar on the Royal.

"At the pool, there was an older movie (Mrs Doubtfire, Ferris Bueller, etc.) shown at 10 a.m on MUTS, then live music every so often (think 30 min intervals) until 3 pm, when there was another older movie. The music consisted of a band with a singer (popular tunes) or steel drums. They showed first run movies at 7 & 10 pm for 5 of the 7 nights."

So there was live music by the pools (on sea days) on that particular trip. I also recall some trivia being shown on the MUTS screen, during the no music times.