British Airways- twin seat

cruisinlawn

This would be on a 777-300, ATL-LHR and return LHR-MIA-ATL. We're going to go World Traveler+ going over and select seats on row 23/24. On the return we'll be in economy:(. Curious if anyone has experience with the 'twin seats' on rows 49/50?

Additionally, we'll be returning thru Miami on the return, our connection is 2hrs. Will that be enough time to collect bags, immigration, etc? Thanks for any input. Enjoy:)

... return LHR-MIA-ATL. ... On the return we'll be in economy. Curious if anyone has experience with the 'twin seats' on rows 49/50?
This does not sound right.

LHR-MIA is operated by a mixture of 747-400s and 380-800s, neither of which has economy twin seats at 49/50 (like the 777-300ER does).

The other possibility is that you're not flying BA but AA on LHR-MIA. But I'm far from sure that AA's row numbering system goes as high as 49/50 on the relevant aircraft.

Sorry for the confusion:o. My fault, I'm actually looking at two different scenarios. The 'twin' is would be a direct flight back to ATL from LHR (on the 777) that we are considering. Secondly, we're considering the route thru Miami that is a totally different flight which are questioning the connection times in MIA (should we book this on the return). Yes, the LHR-MIA-ATL would be on a 747 to MIA, 737 to ATL. Thoughts on the twin seating and thoughts on the 2hr connection in MIA? TIA

Another off topic question...if we book BA economy via cruiseline roundtrip, will BA allow us to upgrade to premium economy for the flight going over? The Princess EZair won't allow you to choose each class individually, only roundtrip. TIA

Another off topic question...if we book BA economy via cruiseline roundtrip, will BA allow us to upgrade to premium economy for the flight going over? The Princess EZair won't allow you to choose each class individually, only roundtrip. TIA

I would think it depends on what the fare class of the ticket you're buying from EZair is. Any particular reason you're looking at purchasing thru EZair and not on your own?

Two hours, unless you have Global Entry, is not much time in Miami to get off the plane, get to passport control, clear immigration, pick up your bags, drop them off for your next flight, clear security again, and get to your departure gate.

My fault, I'm actually looking at two different scenarios. The 'twin' is would be a direct flight back to ATL from LHR (on the 777) that we are considering. Secondly, we're considering the route thru Miami that is a totally different flight which are questioning the connection times in MIA (should we book this on the return).
Given the choice, I would take the non-stop to ATL every time. MIA can reliably be expected to be a zoo, and I agree with 6rugrats that two hours isn't really long enough. The last time I arrived at MIA (back in January), it was 75 minutes from aircraft arrival at gate to exiting from customs - and that was rather less than some of the horror stories that I have heard, and less time than some MIA experiences that I have had.

Another off topic question...if we book BA economy via cruiseline roundtrip, will BA allow us to upgrade to premium economy for the flight going over?
Don't count on being able to do this, or to do it at a reasonable cost, or to do it in advance. It's not only a question of what booking class will be used by EZair, but also involves questions like whether the fare is one that BA will allow you to upgrade. In addition, BA may not allow you to upgrade until the ticket has been issued, which might not be until a couple of weeks before your outbound travel. By then, any cheap upgrade opportunities may have long gone. It is always possible that you will be able to get a special offer upgrade when you get to the airport, but you can't predict in advance whether that will be on offer or what price it will be.

Given the choice, I would take the non-stop to ATL every time. MIA can reliably be expected to be a zoo, and I agree with 6rugrats that two hours isn't really long enough. The last time I arrived at MIA (back in January), it was 75 minutes from aircraft arrival at gate to exiting from customs - and that was rather less than some of the horror stories that I have heard, and less time than some MIA experiences that I have had.

Don't count on being able to do this, or to do it at a reasonable cost, or to do it in advance. It's not only a question of what booking class will be used by EZair, but also involves questions like whether the fare is one that BA will allow you to upgrade. In addition, BA may not allow you to upgrade until the ticket has been issued, which might not be until a couple of weeks before your outbound travel. By then, any cheap upgrade opportunities may have long gone. It is always possible that you will be able to get a special offer upgrade when you get to the airport, but you can't predict in advance whether that will be on offer or what price it will be.

Understood and thank you. Was somewhat afraid this may be the response. We did get caught up in similar scenario few years back, different cruiseline/airline, and was hoping things may be different with other players in the game. Thank you again for your insight, always appreciated. Enjoy. :)

I flew on BA from JFK to Milan in economy and choose the twin seats thinking it would be nice to be just the 2 of us. HUGE mistake. We are both tall I am 5 10, he is 6' 1. Because there are two they are off center and the feet area was horrible. Not to mention the people in from of us reclined the whole flight. I could not even pit my tray down to eat.

The FA wouldn't do anything about that and I flat out told him I can't do this for 7 hours. He finally found another seat in coach for my son and I ended up sitting sideways.

I am an easy going person but that was the worst flight ever. All other flights were great though. My suggestion get exit row if available.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I flew on BA from JFK to Milan in economy and choose the twin seats thinking it would be nice to be just the 2 of us. HUGE mistake. We are both tall I am 5 10, he is 6' 1. Because there are two they are off center and the feet area was horrible.
Which aircraft type was this?

I have very little experience with any of BA's 777 types, but on the 747s the twin seats are not off-centre in this way.

There is one general piece of advice about the twin seats at the aft end of the cabin: Because they are at the very aft end of the cabin, any aircraft motion will tend to be amplified. You will tend to feel turbulence and aircraft manoeuvreing more here than if you were sitting near the aircraft's centre of gravity. That won't bother some people (I happen to think it rather fun); but if it might bother you, then that would be a reason for avoiding this part of the cabin.

Which aircraft type was this?

I have very little experience with any of BA's 777 types, but on the 747s the twin seats are not off-centre in this way.

There is one general piece of advice about the twin seats at the aft end of the cabin: Because they are at the very aft end of the cabin, any aircraft motion will tend to be amplified. You will tend to feel turbulence and aircraft manoeuvreing more here than if you were sitting near the aircraft's centre of gravity. That won't bother some people (I happen to think it rather fun); but if it might bother you, then that would be a reason for avoiding this part of the cabin.

Possibly 747-400, I forgot until looking this flight up that the flight was actually to LHR, where we transferred to Milan.

It was Flight BA 112, we flew Sept 2016. None of the paperwork I have show the aircraft.

Possibly 747-400, I forgot until looking this flight up that the flight was actually to LHR, where we transferred to Milan.

It was Flight BA 112, we flew Sept 2016.

Your memory's correct! BA112 was a 747-400 every day in September 2016 (source: [noparse]http://thebasource.com/flight tracker.html?ifrm_flight tracker=http://qfops1.com/201609SepBAflight tracker.aspx[/noparse] - but you would have to copy that and paste it into your browser address bar, and then delete the spaces that appear between the word flight and the word tracker, three times).

However, I'm pretty sure that on all of the 747s, all the B and C seats in the twin seats are aligned with the B and C seats in all the rows ahead - ditto the H and J seats on the other side of the aircraft. This image may show it best:-

2lcpu2r.jpg

[Clicky.]

There is one general piece of advice about the twin seats at the aft end of the cabin:

I happen to be a big fan of the Henry Kissinger quote:

"There are only two reasons to sit in the last row on an aircraft. Either you have diarrhea, or you want to meet people who do".

Your memory's correct! BA112 was a 747-400 every day in September 2016 (source: [noparse]http://thebasource.com/flight tracker.html?ifrm_flight tracker=http://qfops1.com/201609SepBAflight tracker.aspx[/noparse] - but you would have to copy that and paste it into your browser address bar, and then delete the spaces that appear between the word flight and the word tracker, three times).

However, I'm pretty sure that on all of the 747s, all the B and C seats in the twin seats are aligned with the B and C seats in all the rows ahead - ditto the H and J seats on the other side of the aircraft. This image may show it best:-

2lcpu2r.jpg

[Clicky.]

Except in my case. We chose the first sets of twins. And I promise they were not lined up. The two rows after us were aligned though.

It was a lesson learned.