Question about LAX and terminals

lcat02143

Three of us are flying into LAX on 9/22/17. Two of us are flying in on Delta and landing around 12 noon. The third is flying in on AA and is landing about an hour later. How easy will it be to grab our luggage and head to the Delta terminal to meet her and is there anyplace where we can grab lunch/drinks?

Delta is in the process of relocating to the north side of the airport. They used to be in terminals 5 & 6, right next door to American in terminal 4. This week Delta will be in terminals 2 & 3.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-delta-shuffle-20170322-story,amp.html

However, there is a free inter-terminal shuttle on the arrivals level. Just follow the signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to get a handle on what you are actually asking for.

My assumption is that you want to have all the parties meet at the AA baggage claim. Then, it's off to get something to eat for lunch. (You say Delta, but since that's the early arrival....or do you want the AA pax, who gets in later, go to DL? You are unclear and the statements are contradictory)

Or, is it eat before heading over to AA? Or is it DL?

Basically, there is little to no food available at LAX outside security. So, if you insist on eating, you will be inside security and your baggage will be on the carousel outside. You won't be able to go airside at the other terminal, so you are somewhat stuck.

You don't mention what your plans are AFTER you meet up? Are you staying at a hotel in the airport area, renting a car, or whatever?

I would suggest that you pick a local hotel, then have each party head independently via the hotel shuttle and meet there. That way, the early group can get some food/drink while waiting, and each group is not dependent on the other. Then, after you meet, go on to whatever you are planning (undisclosed) to do.

Sorry,

Two of us are landing at Delta at 12 noon. We will be flying in from Boston so it will be a long plane ride. The third is also flying in from Boston but on AA and landing at 1 pm. We are staying two days pre cruise at a hotel in Universal Studios. Therefore rather than paying two times to travel to the hotel we felt it was best to meet at the airport and travel to the hotel together. As we had an hour to kill we thought we might be albe to grab a light lunch or drink while we were waiting. The two of us are planning on heading from Delta to AA to meet the third person. WE were planning to Uber to the hotel.

Lunch is not a deal breaker, we just figured it would help kill the time while we waited.

Two of us are landing at Delta at 12 noon. We will be flying in from Boston so it will be a long plane ride. The third is also flying in from Boston but on AA and landing at 1 pm. We are staying two days pre cruise at a hotel in Universal Studios. Therefore rather than paying two times to travel to the hotel we felt it was best to meet at the airport and travel to the hotel together. As we had an hour to kill we thought we might be albe to grab a light lunch or drink while we were waiting. The two of us are planning on heading from Delta to AA to meet the third person. WE were planning to Uber to the hotel.

Lunch is not a deal breaker, we just figured it would help kill the time while we waited.

Your 1 hour won't be that. You'll also have to retrieve your bags, make your way to the inter-terminal shuttle stop, wait for that bus, take the bus ride from T2/3, past TBIT to T4 (AA). Then off the bus, and meet your friend who will then wait for his bags. I'd bet that you have less than half an hour at T4, probably more like 15-20 at most.

OP, Flyer Talker has it right about your use of the one hour. I will add that the inter terminal shuttle can take longer than planned due to the traffic around the LAX "horse shoe". Lots of traffic. Also check your flight info, Delta serves a meal on many long haul flights-even in Economy. A check of flights today, BOS-LAX shows "breakfast" on one flight and "lunch" on another. If your seats are in Comfort, there is also comp wine, beer and spirits. Not sure your friend on AA will be so lucky, however. It will, most likely be a long ride to Universal. LA traffic is pretty much a constant thing.

Also check your flight info, Delta serves a meal on many long haul flights-even in Economy.

The only complimentary meals served in coach on flights arriving at LAX are for flights leaving from JFK, BOS and DCA. If your flight departs from anywhere else and is over 900 miles, you'll have the option to purchase a snack box.

Personally, I'd grab something quick while you're still airside and have options, then get your bags and head over to wait for your friend and his/her baggage area. You won't be waiting long.

The only complimentary meals served in coach on flights arriving at LAX are for flights leaving from JFK, BOS and DCA. If your flight departs from anywhere else and is over 900 miles, you'll have the option to purchase a snack box.

Personally, I'd grab something quick while you're still airside and have options, then get your bags and head over to wait for your friend and his/her baggage area. You won't be waiting long.

The OP said "we are flying in from Boston" and that is why I mentioned the complimentary meals.