2X Points or not?

We booked a balcony on the Radiance last Oct for next month (June) and noticed last month that the price had dropped considerably.

After calling about the price drop, I was told that since final pay date was well passed, they could offer no rebate or OBC, but could upgrade us to a Junior Suite. I understand that you get double cruise points for suites, but I think I read some fine print somewhere that double points didn't apply to upgrades.

Will we qualify for 2X points in this instance?

Edited by HicksRA

We booked a balcony on the Radiance last Oct for next month (June) and noticed last month that the price had dropped considerably.

After calling about the price drop, I was told that since final pay date was well passed, they could offer no rebate or OBC, but could upgrade us to a Junior Suite. I understand that you get double cruise points for suites, but I think I read some fine print somewhere that double points didn't apply to upgrades.

Will we qualify for 2X points in the this instance?

If the price of the JS was less than you had paid when you made the switch, you won't get the extra points.

If the price of the JS was less than you had paid when you made the switch, you won't get the extra points.

???

When we've gotten upgrades (not complimentary ones, but when the price is the same or lower, and had to call for it), we paid our original price, got the JS and the extra points.

Seems like the only time you don't get the points is if you get upgraded at the port.

BTW, even without the 2x points, I'd take a JS all day long at the same price as the balcony you paid.

???

When we've gotten upgrades (not complimentary ones, but when the price is the same or lower, and had to call for it), we paid our original price, got the JS and the extra points.

Seems like the only time you don't get the points is if you get upgraded at the port.

BTW, even without the 2x points, I'd take a JS all day long at the same price as the balcony you paid.

The rule has been that if they give you the JS for a reduced price (less than current published web price), then you don't get the extra points.

I believe the price I paid for the balcony was as much or more than the JS at the time of the upgrade, but not sure. Guess I'll find out for sure after the cruise.

If I were to guess, I'd say you would get the extra points because it does not sound like you were given a reduced price upgrade.

If I were to guess, I'd say you would get the extra points because it does not sound like you were given a reduced price upgrade.

I agree. I upgraded well after final payment to a GS from a balcony and received double points. The price I paid was on their website.

Enjoy the extra space!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...