Easter cruise questions

i thought I was being organised booking a cruise for Easter 11 months in advance but nope other people are more organised than me.

Booking so late, I was only able to get 1 balcony cabin & an inside cabin near by.

I really wanted 2 balcony cabins near each other. What are my chances of someone cancelling in the next 11 months and me being able to pay for the cabin I really want?

I've noted that the cruise line does have balcony cabins available for more than 2 passengers. Do they realease these for 2 passengers at any stage?

The cruise is to New Zealand. Do I really need a balcony?

Does royal Caribbean ever discount the price of drink packages in Australia? I've read that in the USA they can offer 20% discounts at times.

Elisef, just keep checking online to see if cabins free up.It is possible that some of those cabins are block booked by TAs, I've seen that happen on Celebrity. You may get lucky just after final payment date.

Last year I booked a cruise on Princess, only a few months before so the only inside cabins left were aft. However I kept checking the availability, and one day a whole block of midships cabins were for sale. I immediately rang Princess and changed my cabin.

I'd sauyI'd say there is a huge chance of some balcony cabins becoming available in the next 11 months, not least as people cancel.

RCL do offer discounts locally; last I saw they were about 30% cheaper than buying onboard due to a local sale.

Thanks for the info.

I spoke to RCI whom advised that with cabins for more than 2 people they will only take bookings for the number of people assigned to the cabin. This may change latter on.

I will just keep watching.

:cool:

Do you need a balcony?

In my opinion yes, others don't agree.

But one balcony would probably suffice.

That's what my Dad says. If I want to sit on a balcony I can just quickly walk over to his but

I feel it's just not the same with a child I tend to spend a lot of time in the room. Whilst the over 50's are out partying, I'm in the room by 8pm and up by 6am.

A balcony is just so lovely to sit out on and watch the world go by as my son recharges for the next adventures of running around the ship whilst I chase him.

Need a balcony. No. Want a balcony. Yes please

Another reason my dad is anti me having a balcony is that my autistic son decided to stand on the window ledge of a 5th floor apartment and wave at cars.

This was in Switzerland where the windows fully open up with a small bar at ankle height.

It was winter and the window ledge was frosted with ice.

Dad had had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and was calm enough to walk over and collect my son without making any noise. Then he turned white and started to shake. Dad not my son.

We had been watching him but turned out back to turn on a dish washer.

I know that kids don't fall off balconies on cruise ships but dad doesn't want there to be a first.

Another reason my dad is anti me having a balcony is that my autistic son decided to stand on the window ledge of a 5th floor apartment and wave at cars.

This was in Switzerland where the windows fully open up with a small bar at ankle height.

It was winter and the window ledge was frosted with ice.

Dad had had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and was calm enough to walk over and collect my son without making any noise. Then he turned white and started to shake. Dad not my son.

We had been watching him but turned out back to turn on a dish washer.

I know that kids don't fall off balconies on cruise ships but dad doesn't want there to be a first.

I can see your dad's point of view.

Have you checked with the online agents.

Which cruise are you looking at ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've checked with a couple of the online agents and also at the travel agents.

We are looking at the 11 night Radiance of the seas cruise to New Zealand on the 6 of April.

Well I just took another moment for another quick look. I managed to get an AFT balcony cabin for my dad and a hump cabin for myself. Love the extended balconies on both.

Does anyone know if the AFT looks down on the decks below. We are on deck 9 and the back of the ship appears to slope upwards.

RCI advised that it won't be an issue for us to look at the cabins on checkin and work out whom gets dibs on what.

I'm over the moon with excitement.