Best beach in Labadee??

intotheblue6980

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We like Columbus Cove.

Next time there I might have to re-visit Columbus Cove. We were there our first two times in 2006 and 2008, but after the pier was built we got a cabana at Nellies and didn't go past there. (Its a 1/2 mile walk to Nellies now.)

Love Barefoot Beach (suite beach).

Went there even before it became a suite beach.

Shells on the waters edge is hit or miss, but we still wear water shoes.

And by the way welcome to CC

Safe travels.

Is Columbus Cove he one you can take the ferry to in the morning?

Also, I just watched someone's video and saw a sign that said "ocean Spa"- can you book massages on Labadee? If so, how and how much? I don't see them in the cruise planner.

Ferry to Columbus Cove

Leaves from the cement pier every 1/2 hour from morning to early afternoon.

However, you have to walk back or take the tram, which does go to Columbus Cove, both for dropping off and picking up.

The other way to get to the beach is by walking along the shore line on a path just beyond Nellie's Beach or by walking all the way to the back to the right of the last turn-about. However, this means you will engage the very pushy vendors along tour walk.

Most folks just take the tram at the first turn-about all the way to Columbus Cove..

Once you're there you will find a large covered building for lunch , a steel band , plenty of shade trees as well as the most beautiful beach.

Amiga Island, it was absolutely awesome.

It's a small island, only about 20 people can go out there. Beautiful, it's like something out of a movie.

There are plenty of deck chairs/sun lounges with shade. Private beach and a small bar.

Perfect in every way!

Amiga Island, it was absolutely awesome.

It's a small island, only about 20 people can go out there. Beautiful, it's like something out of a movie.

There are plenty of deck chairs/sun lounges with shade. Private beach and a small bar.

Perfect in every way!

Did they get "real" bathroom facilities yet:o

Just asking.

Ferry to Columbus Cove

Leaves from the cement pier every 1/2 hour from morning to early afternoon.

However, you have to walk back or take the tram, which does go to Columbus Cove, both for dropping off and picking up.

The other way to get to the beach is by walking along the shore line on a path just beyond Nellie's Beach or by walking all the way to the back to the right of the last turn-about. However, this means you will engage the very pushy vendors along tour walk.

Most folks just take the tram at the first turn-about all the way to Columbus Cove..

Once you're there you will find a large covered building for lunch , a steel band , plenty of shade trees as well as the most beautiful beach.

Where do I find the cement pier?

It depends on what you want in a beach. There is better swimming and water sports, slide, etc. at Columbus Cove, but we recently got one of the clam shell things ($45 ship excursion) on the Atlantic side and it was really nice. Fewer people, close to food, we don't swim a lot (just get wet) and a very nice view. It was so pleasant we did it two times on a back to back cruise where we went to Labadee both weeks.

Tom

Just asking.

They had 2 "shacks" I would call them. One sink and one toilet in each and just enough room to get changed. One for the boys and one for the girls. They were adequate with 20 persons max on the island.

Just asking.

Literally in Labadee today on Allure of the seas.

Yes, real bathrooms (at least in Columbus Cove) with fresh water showers.

Ferry didn't seem to be running to Columbus cove but got on a tram that took us all the way there(if you get on the smaller tram they can take you all the way to the beach at Columbus Cove). The water was crystal clear and no rocks at all. Didn't need water shoes. Lunch provided in a shelter right there also.

I've been to Labadee 2x and would say the Atlantic side is rough and rocky - don't bother with that side (just my opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Literally in Labadee today on Allure of the seas.

Yes, real bathrooms (at least in Columbus Cove) with fresh water showers.

Ferry didn't seem to be running to Columbus cove but got on a tram that took us all the way there(if you get on the smaller tram they can take you all the way to the beach at Columbus Cove). The water was crystal clear and no rocks at all. Didn't need water shoes. Lunch provided in a shelter right there also.

I've been to Labadee 2x and would say the Atlantic side is rough and rocky - don't bother with that side (just my opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No I guess my post was misleading.

I was asking about Amiga Island.

We have been to Labadee yearly for the past 8 years.

I am wondering about this excursion to the private beach.

Sorry for the confusion.

Safe travels.