Vietnam and Cambodia visas

MarciAnn

You'll need to obtain them yourself. They may offer visa services onboard but I'd probably obtain my own (as I don't like uncertainty)!

I am with you on this, We like to control our own destiny and be certain that we have the correct paperwork.

We had the unfortunate experience of seeing a couple refused boarding on a cruise because they did not have the required visas, that certainly focuses your mind.

We got ours on board. We have a UK Passport.

It is very easy now to obtain information on countries that issue visas on arrival and in fact if you email Seabourn they are very helpful too.

Of course you do not state where you hold your passport from, so that could throw a whole different light on the matter.

Edited by jimmyw9

I am with you on this, We like to control our own destiny and be certain that we have the correct paperwork.

That's always my fear too particularly if you are on a single airline itinerary where either country appears (which shouldn't be an issue since Seabourn neither embarks nor disembarks in either country). I've gotten hung up at US check-in by agents who wanted to argue with me about visa on-arrival rules. (I started carrying a copy of the Indonesian visa rules in my passport cover at one point as it repeatedly stalled my check in.

For US citizens, Vietnam is not a visa on-arrival country and Cambodia is only "sort of". I arranged my Vietnam and Cambodian visas in advance online to be ready on arrival but I think that can only be done for airport/land entries.

In Cambodia I've found the airport to be crazy when I've done the visa on-arrival due to the processing queue which had no rhyme or reason. Once at Siem Reap with an e-visa I got stuck in processing behind a group that didn't have photos or anything - despite being first off the plane/first in line with paperwork in hand, I was the last to clear immigration. After that I secured my standard visas in advance for subsequent trips. The Cambodian embassy website addresses air and land visas on-arrival but no other types.

Seabourn's onboard service, I've found, is slightly more expensive than obtaining the visa on your own but less expensive than going through an expeditor (which is what I have used for places like China or Brazil when I've needed a work visa).

Roxburgh - did you have to have extra passport photos or did Seabourn take those for you (or use your ship embarkation photo?) That's always been the one thing I've had to remember with the airport based visas as they always wanted a premium to take photos of I didn't have them on me.

Yes they do when you board for both Countries. I double checked our passports

we did these ports last Christmas, when you receive your itinerary it will tell you

in writing. The only port that we have to get our own is India and believe me that

is a nightmare, my T/A tells me passengers have cancelled their booked cruise

because of the problems

Just searched on the Seabourn website and found this:

"Most nationalities can obtain the following visas onboard when arriving with the ship. Seabourn will take care of the procurement of these visas. Generally there is a minimal fee for the visa charged to your shipboard account. However, should the situation be altered by the country being visited, you will be advised at the earliest possible opportunity. Please verify whether the visa on arrival is applicable to your specific nationality.

The following countries do not require a pre-arranged visa, and a visa can be arraigned arrival/onboard for most nationalities:

Australia, Cambodia, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Myanmar, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam"

[

I guess I will call Seabourn to confirm.