Concierge/Diamond Lounges on Explorer

We just returned from the PNW cruise on Explorer and overall enjoyed it very much!

I must address the overcrowding problems in both the Concierge and Diamond Lounges. While we are Diamond members., we were fortunate to be in the Royal Suite as well, but found it next to impossible to get a seat in either lounge. They open at 4:30, but we soon discovered people were getting there before 4:00 and claiming many seats for their friends. We certainly feel Diamond and Pinnacle members are entitled to these perks for sure . . but the Suite passengers are also told that these benefits apply to them. We had discussions with many passengers and everyone agrees (no arguments!) that Royal has tried to address it with the 3 drink vouchers on the Sea Pass, but it's also nice to have an area dedicated to C & A and Suite folks. Denzil tried his best, but with the number of us onboard(over 400), he was helpless.

We didn't let it ruin a great cruise by any means, just wondering if others have had the same problems and are there any solutions?

Thanks for listening!

The PNW cruises have had an unusually high number of Diamond and above guests. Sometimes we found seats in Viking Crown, sometimes we used vouchers in Schooner. It was not that big of a deal for us.

Edited by clarea

We just returned from the PNW cruise on Explorer and overall enjoyed it very much!

I must address the overcrowding problems in both the Concierge and Diamond Lounges. While we are Diamond members., we were fortunate to be in the Royal Suite as well, but found it next to impossible to get a seat in either lounge. They open at 4:30, but we soon discovered people were getting there before 4:00 and claiming many seats for their friends. We certainly feel Diamond and Pinnacle members are entitled to these perks for sure . . but the Suite passengers are also told that these benefits apply to them. We had discussions with many passengers and everyone agrees (no arguments!) that Royal has tried to address it with the 3 drink vouchers on the Sea Pass, but it's also nice to have an area dedicated to C & A and Suite folks. Denzil tried his best, but with the number of us onboard(over 400), he was helpless.

We didn't let it ruin a great cruise by any means, just wondering if others have had the same problems and are there any solutions?

Thanks for listening!

You want me to ask them to give up their seats... LOL

We didn't go into the Lounge as it was so crowded. However, we did find out we could get free cappucino/latté in the Promenade Café as, apparently, the machine in the Lounge was broken.

So glad you found your coffee elsewhere and didn't make an issue or let it ruin your vacation.

We also sail exclusively in Grand Suite since we discovered them. There is always the crowding in the lounge. They are not suppose to save seats for others. If it were me I would just sit in an empty seat and then wait for the fireworks. We have sailed with Denzil a few years back when he was new to the concierge lounge and he could not handle the crowd then.

We just drank at the overflow bar for the lounge at that time. We will be sailing with him again out of Sydney so, hope he has improved and able to mingle with his guests.:rolleyes:

We also sail exclusively in Grand Suite since we discovered them. There is always the crowding in the lounge. They are not suppose to save seats for others. If it were me I would just sit in an empty seat and then wait for the fireworks. We have sailed with Denzil a few years back when he was new to the concierge lounge and he could not handle the crowd then.

We just drank at the overflow bar for the lounge at that time. We will be sailing with him again out of Sydney so, hope he has improved and able to mingle with his guests.:rolleyes:

Just noticed, we will be on the same cruise, 9/17... we have a GS on deck 10. I bet all the lounges will be packed as this is now the Presidents Cruise. We also buy the packages and don't mind finding our coffee elsewhere.

We had to go all the way to the Med to sail on Freedom. LOL

I am sure people will be asking me to help the Suite Guest find a seat. LOL

Edited by troykahack

• 4 weeks later...
Will be sailing on the Explorer in a couple months in Suite class.

Is the CL open on embarkation day?

Also, is the Coastal Kitchen open for lunch on embarkation day?

No coastal kitchen on Explorer.

CL will be open.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, just out of curiosity as we are sailing as suite passengers out of Sydney early next year, is the concierge lounge only open in the afternoons? Or is that for the free alcohol?

Are we able to pop in through the day for soft drinks, water and snacks?

We've only sailed concierge before on Disney and their CL was amazing!!!

Any info greatly appreciated :-)

AJ

Hi, just out of curiosity as we are sailing as suite passengers out of Sydney early next year, is the concierge lounge only open in the afternoons? Or is that for the free alcohol?

AJ

The CL will be accessible 24 hours using your SeaPass card. The only beverages that would normally be available outside of the evening cocktail period would be specialty coffee and hot tea.

The CL will be accessible 24 hours using your SeaPass card. The only beverages that would normally be available outside of the evening cocktail period would be specialty coffee and hot tea.

And sometimes pitchers of lemonade and iced tea. Best you can hope for snack wise is a plate of cookies. They stoped the mid afternoon 'tea' selections of sandwiches and nibbles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

AJ

The lemonade is the fresh American kind, not the bubbly scweppes/kirks etc we call lemonade. Stll very nice tho'

And sometimes pitchers of lemonade and iced tea. Best you can hope for snack wise is a plate of cookies. They stoped the mid afternoon 'tea' selections of sandwiches and nibbles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, after all, those were more of those (for some) un-needed "freebies."