Cabin question re Rhapsody

DT1304

Hi all,

I wanted to book a balcony cabin (2 ppl) and an internal cabin (3 ppl) and I wanted the cabins close together.

My travel agent has managed to book me two cabins with the balcony being the 3ppl and inside the 2ppl, which is fine with me, but I just wanted anyones opinions on the cabins in question.

They are deck 7, and are #7149 internal and #7154 balcony.

Please can anyone offer your input.

This is for a 9 night Greek isles cruise out of Rome

Do you want to be right at the back of the ship? I don't know if there is much difference in the price of putting the third person in the D cabin balcony instead of the inside K cabin? What date if you don't mind me asking. No offence if you don't want to say.

The aft balconies are much enjoyed by those that post on here, but I would have thought that they could have put the extra person with the inside like you requested, but I can't see the deck plan for that far ahead, and I know RCI have been changing their categories for rooms that hold 3/4 people.

They are situated in what should be a quiet location, but others here may have more idea about being over the diamond lounge/shall we dance areas.

Edited by goodycruising

You've got an aft balcony! These are quite popular.

While you are down the back and have to walk from the mid stairs, Rhapsody isn't a massive ship and the walk isn't so long.

You'll find the location very quiet, especially so as it's at the end of the corridor. I can't see any downside to the location.

Thanks for your comments.

@big M, I don't mind the walk from the back of the ship. It will work off the buffett! ;)

@goodycruising I don't know if I want to be at the back? I have seen how popular they are, but my previous cruises have never had an aft cabin. I suppose this is a good time to try an aft cabin. ;)

There was not much difference in cost to have 3 on the balcony cabin, so that is no issue. I am quite happy about it.

@goodycruising, It is for a Greek Isle cruise leaving Rome on 3 October 2015.

We were close to the aft on Radiance recently and I have some issues with not being keen on walking very far and I found it not too bad.

I think you have received good cabins by the look of it. On deck 7 there is limited insides to start with, and it looks to me like they are sold out in your K category on deck 7 and the M is a bit smaller. With that bigger balcony on the aft I think your trip sounds fantastic actually!

Don't be fooled, you will not work off the buffet, you will just have an excuse for having a dessert! That is my experience anyhow :)

Edited by goodycruising

• 1 year later...

7154 on Rhapsody is a great cabin and very large balcony. We could hear the bass from music played in the Shall We Dance lounge during the evening, but it didn't really bother me despite my being being very intolerant of noise

I wanted to book a balcony cabin (2 ppl) and an internal cabin (3 ppl) and I wanted the cabins close together.

My travel agent has managed to book me two cabins with the balcony being the 3ppl and inside the 2ppl, which is fine with me, but I just wanted anyones opinions on the cabins in question.

They are deck 7, and are #7149 internal and #7154 balcony.

Hi DT1304. Both your cabins have the ability to sleep 3, but the interior has a pulldown from the ceiling bed (pullman) whereas the balcony cabin has a sofa bed... plus the balcony cabin is so much larger, way better for 3 people there than the interior room imho.

@goodycruising I don't know if I want to be at the back? I have seen how popular they are, but my previous cruises have never had an aft cabin. I suppose this is a good time to try an aft cabin. ;)

Oh ya... you definitely want to be in the back!!! This shot is from Vision in Caribbean deck 8... now just picture Santorini or Mykonos here in the background instead :D:D:D. Careful... these aft cabins can be addicting :p

8d3dfbd9-f721-4b72-b11a-50a34fe9f9d1_zps4e35a776.jpg

7154 on Rhapsody is a great cabin and very large balcony. We could hear the bass from music played in the Shall We Dance lounge during the evening, but it didn't really bother me despite my being being very intolerant of noise

Hi DT1304. Both your cabins have the ability to sleep 3, but the interior has a pulldown from the ceiling bed (pullman) whereas the balcony cabin has a sofa bed... plus the balcony cabin is so much larger, way better for 3 people there than the interior room imho.

Oh ya... you definitely want to be in the back!!! This shot is from Vision in Caribbean deck 8... now just picture Santorini or Mykonos here in the background instead :D:D:D. Careful... these aft cabins can be addicting :p

8d3dfbd9-f721-4b72-b11a-50a34fe9f9d1_zps4e35a776.jpg

This thread is a year and a half old. I don't think that the OP still needs people's opinions on the cabins.

:)

Too funny, hey? That's the first thing I look at now before I reply - the date of the thread. And the date of the bump. :p

And the REASON for the bump.

It's usually a mystery....................like this one. :confused: :confused: :confused: ;)

Oh! My fault as the "bumper" 😯

I'd done a search for inside cabins on Rhapsody, then without thinking, replied to a question on a thread I found. Mystery solved, but lesson learned😩

No harm, no foul. My smile for the evening. :)