How is Prinsendam Different?

MaisonRose

Thanks to all for sharing your insights about the Prinsendam.

We're booked on the 54 day Med and Africa Grand Voyage next April. It will be our longest cruise so far.

Even though she wasn't built by or for HAL, looking at her deck plan definitely reminds us of our first HAL cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam III.

Do others also see a close resemblance?

We sailed on the Prinsendam for the 14 day Baltic and has a signature suite which was fabulous. The best cabin I have had on a cruise. I loved the small size of the ship. Only 800 passengers made a big difference in ports. We did not have set dining times which worked out well for us. I also found that people did dress nicely for dinners but not formal. The ship has very comfortable common spaces which were well used likely because there are fewer cabins with balconies. The entertainment was first rate and the passengers were mostly well travelled and interesting conversationalists. The ship does seem to attract older cruise passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was a wonderful video of Captain Dag! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

We had the pleasure of having Dag as our Captain on our two most favorite cruises, Norway on the Prinsendam July 2016, and Antarctica on the Seabourn Quest Dec. 2016-January 2017. He really does make a difference, but we realize the itinerary had a lot to do with it as well.;)