Help me decide on a stateroom

Hammergirl

We are looking at the Fantasy for an October cruise and I cannot decide on a stateroom.

We are looking at:

2 - Deluxe Family Oceanview staterooms

1 - Deluxe Family Oceanview with a verandah

The price difference between the 2 is $850.00 less for the 1 room vs 2.

The pros to the OV rooms from what I see is this:

more space as we will have 2 rooms

2 bathrooms

The Pros to the verandah room is:

a verandah

cheaper

BUT will we be really cramped or will we be so busy on the ship that it wont matter? Is there enough privacy that the parents can stay up and watch tv while the kids go to bed?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!

We are looking at the Fantasy for an October cruise and I cannot decide on a stateroom.

We are looking at:

2 - Deluxe Family Oceanview staterooms

1 - Deluxe Family Oceanview with a verandah

The price difference between the 2 is $850.00 less for the 1 room vs 2.

The pros to the OV rooms from what I see is this:

more space as we will have 2 rooms

2 bathrooms

The Pros to the verandah room is:

a verandah

cheaper

BUT will we be really cramped or will we be so busy on the ship that it wont matter? Is there enough privacy that the parents can stay up and watch tv while the kids go to bed?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!

IMO, a lot depends on how many people you are. And the ages (if there are kids).

Just based on the information you've supplied thusfar, I'd opt for the the verandah room (it's cheaper). I can think of other things I'd want to spend $850 on.

IMO, a lot depends on how many people you are. And the ages (if there are kids).

Just based on the information you've supplied thusfar, I'd opt for the the verandah room (it's cheaper). I can think of other things I'd want to spend $850 on.

Sorry - there are 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 kids ages 12 and 7 at the time of cruising.

Sorry - there are 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 kids ages 12 and 7 at the time of cruising.

Well, if it were me, I'd go for the verandah room. There's actually quite a bit of space in a Deluxe Oceanview with verandah. Here's a picture of the one we had.

2r3ikua.jpg[/img]

Depending on how much your kids actually need "dark and quiet" for bedtime, you can pull the curtain and bring the TV on the bedside of it. They will still hear it and there will be light around, but it should be do-able.

7 and 12--I'd go with one room. Adults can always shower in the fitness center locker room if that's an issue.

You can also choose to save more money by doing 1 Oceanview room. The room is the same as "with verandah", but obviously no balcony. The savings can range from minimal to quite substantial.

If your kids were both teens, I'd probably go with 2 rooms, but at 7 and 12..one cabin will be fine. I don't think you'll be spending much time in the cabin anyhow at those ages.

I guess I'm in the minority. I'd go for the two connecting Ocean View rooms. I like the ocean views on the higher floors so you get the larger portholes. We really like having two TVs/coaches and two bathrooms. Another advantage is that you get 4 wave phones so everyone can have one.

I think either way you will have a good time but in your shoes I know we'd find it more enjoyable to have the extra space and extra bathroom. For our next cruise (in Feb) we opted for two connecting ocean view rooms instead of a family verandah room and the price diff was about the same as yours.

Have a great cruise!