Oceana 7nts from Venice

misscolina

Please can anyone help with :

How easy is it to get into Venice after your early flight from Manchester on boarding day?

Is Kotor, Montenegro a tender port?

Are there plenty of shuttles available to take you into Corfu town, and what is the charge?

Finally Monte Carlo is this a tender port or does it depend on arrival time?

P&O dont publish this information or how long the ship is in port for, so it makes it hard to plan your own trips.

Thanks in advance.

Please can anyone help with :

How easy is it to get into Venice after your early flight from Manchester on boarding day?

Is Kotor, Montenegro a tender port?

Are there plenty of shuttles available to take you into Corfu town, and what is the charge?

Finally Monte Carlo is this a tender port or does it depend on arrival time?

P&O dont publish this information or how long the ship is in port for, so it makes it hard to plan your own trips.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, we did the same cruise on the 8th April so here are the answers :)

We were on a slightly later flight from Manchester than you but we were at the ship by noon and the cabins were ready when we arrived. We dropped our things off and got our water shuttle tickets from Customer Services. The shuttle is about a 5 minute walk from the ship and drops you off near to the Bridge of Sighs. We had to be back for Muster Drill at about 4pm I think. We left at 10pm.

Kotor wasn't tender for us this time but it has been in the past when we were on a larger ship. The town is 5 minutes away from the ship max. I think we arrived very early and left at about 5.30pm / 6pm.

We did a tour in Corfu which was great value, but from what I remember so I can't advise re the shuttle, sorry. Again, we arrived early and left about 6pm I think.

Monte Carlo is tender and your tender drops you in the harbour near to the Hoho stop I think. Again an early arrival and we left about 6pm. We stayed on a little later than others, had a lie in, a leisurely breakfast and only waited about 10 minutes once we'd collected our tended tickets.

Any more questions just ask.

Weve just done the same cruise on Oceana on 6th May, flight was at 06.30 from Manchester and we were on board around 12.00. Cabins were ready so we dropped hand luggage and went straight for the water taxi, we had to be back for muster at 5.15, We should have left at 10 but it was about half past.

Kotor for us was a tender but in Monte Carlo we were docked so seems to be the luck of the draw as Presto had the opposite. We got off ship quite early in Monte Carlo and walked up to the old part, through the Princess Grace gardens and hardly saw any other people it was lovely.

Plenty of shuttles in Corfu but Im not sure how much they were, we were on select fare so shuttles were included, I think someone said the P&O water taxi in Venice was £15 but the Corfu shuttle was cheaper, £6 rings a bell but I could be wrong. Its a bit of a walk from the ship to the shuttle but there is a bus from the ship if you need it.

we did this cruise last week

venice - well we arrived 4pm, had to do muster at 5,30 so could not get off the boat until 6.15, and the water taxi gave us 45 mins in Venice as the last one coming back was 7.45pm. So a VERY quick visit.

kotor was tender for us and a short day as it took 2 hours to get off and an hour queuing in the rain to get back.

Corfu - free shuttle to the old town if you are select, £4 each way if not - we walked the 20 mins.

Monte carlo - hurrah, we docked so no tender needed.

we did this cruise last week

venice - well we arrived 4pm, had to do muster at 5,30 so could not get off the boat until 6.15, and the water taxi gave us 45 mins in Venice as the last one coming back was 7.45pm. So a VERY quick visit.

kotor was tender for us and a short day as it took 2 hours to get off and an hour queuing in the rain to get back.

Corfu - free shuttle to the old town if you are select, £4 each way if not - we walked the 20 mins.

Monte carlo - hurrah, we docked so no tender needed.

We also did this cruise last week!! I concur will all of the above apart from we didn't bother with Venice cos it was chucking it down!!! :(

The forecast for Venice on Wednesday is again for rain but our flight from Manchester lands in Venice at 10am so weather permitting we would be able to do an afternoon before muster drill. Thanks for the other information.

We were on a slightly later flight from Manchester than you but we were at the ship by noon and the cabins were ready when we arrived. We dropped our things off and got our water shuttle tickets from Customer Services. The shuttle is about a 5 minute walk from the ship and drops you off near to the Bridge of Sighs. We had to be back for Muster Drill at about 4pm I think. We left at 10pm.

How much was the water shuttle tickets and are the shuttles frequent? Thanks.

How much was the water shuttle tickets and are the shuttles frequent? Thanks.

Sorry I can't remember - it may have been £15 each but I am probably wrong!

The shuttles are really frequent - as soon as one leaves there is about a 5 minute wait for the next.

Sorry to change the question slightly but, when you fly from manchester to join Oceana what airlines do P&O use and what is the transfer time from the airport to the ship please?

Hi, we were on Thomas Cook and on a brand new plane on its first ever flight with passengers. Eeekk. (The Captain was really excited but I think us passengers were a little more edgy ;)) Having said that it was a beautiful plane and we had a great flight.

Hi, we were on Thomas Cook and on a brand new plane on its first ever flight with passengers. Eeekk. (The Captain was really excited but I think us passengers were a little more edgy ;)) Having said that it was a beautiful plane and we had a great flight.

NEW PLANE....I think i would have been too!!

Can you prebook extra legroom seats?

Many Thanks.

Many Thanks.

Yes you can, we booked them for our flights to Venice in May, they were emergency exit seats, row 15 and were £15 per person each way so £60 total for the 2 of us. It tells you on your cruise personaliser when you can book from. I cant remember exactly how long before it was now but think it was 90 days before the return flight.

Strangely the seats for our return journey from Genoa were released about a week before the outward flight (Thomsons) seats for both flights were released at midnight, the Genoa ones a day before I was expecting them so worth checking at midnight a few days before if you can

Sorry I can't remember - it may have been £15 each but I am probably wrong!

The shuttles are really frequent - as soon as one leaves there is about a 5 minute wait for the next.

Youre right, it was £15 :) but no charge for passengers on select fare

Many Thanks.

Hi, we booked them before we sailed - I think they were available about a month before we sailed. They appeared on our cruise personaliser so we got in there quick and got the extra leg room seats we wanted.

Re the new plane -------- yip, there was silence in the plane when we were told --- and then the Captain told us he had a new co pilot. Bless him, he meant well. Credit to Thomas Cook - have never had a better flight.

Youre right, it was £15 :) but no charge for passengers on select fare

Hi, we were on a Select Fare and still paid ------ were we done ??!!!

Perhaps we paid when we didn't need to. If that's the case it wasn't very clear as we were told to buy some tickets...

Oh well, you live and learn -----

Hi, we were on a Select Fare and still paid ------ were we done ??!!!

Perhaps we paid when we didn't need to. If that's the case it wasn't very clear as we were told to buy some tickets...

Oh well, you live and learn -----

Oh no :( were the charges added onto your account or did you pay seperately?

There was someone from P+O sat at a table just by where you got on the water taxi giving out the tickets, they took your name and cabin no and you had to sign to agree to have your onboard account charged. I said that I thought all transfers were free if you were a select passenger and they said that was correct and that we wouldnt be charged. Checked the account on the last night and we definitely hadn't been charged.

Oh no :( were the charges added onto your account or did you pay seperately?

There was someone from P+O sat at a table just by where you got on the water taxi giving out the tickets, they took your name and cabin no and you had to sign to agree to have your onboard account charged. I said that I thought all transfers were free if you were a select passenger and they said that was correct and that we wouldnt be charged. Checked the account on the last night and we definitely hadn't been charged.

We were sent to the info desk as we arrived late 12 noon and asked if we had to pay for the shuttle as we had paid a select fare. She said yes as it was an excursion so we paid there and then for 2 tickets. I may follow this up.

• 2 weeks later...

We were sent to the info desk as we arrived late 12 noon and asked if we had to pay for the shuttle as we had paid a select fare. She said yes as it was an excursion so we paid there and then for 2 tickets. I may follow this up.

We are on the same cruise in a few weeks and I'm now wondering if we'll have to pay if we're on select fare? Did you manage to follow it up? If so, I hope you got it sorted!

We are on the same cruise in a few weeks and I'm now wondering if we'll have to pay if we're on select fare? Did you manage to follow it up? If so, I hope you got it sorted!

To be honest we haven't bothered as life is very busy - our advice to you though is to not bother with getting a 'ticket' from reception. If you are on a Select Fare just go to the shuttle 'station' and there will be someone to take your name and cabin number. I guess they charge you if they need to and don't if not. We went with the advice in the Horizon News we were given. Ignore it and don't let anyone tell you it is an excursion.

just writing this makes me think we should follow it up

Enjoy your cruise --- lovely ship, great itinerary --- we had a fantastic time.

You definitely pay for the Water taxi with P&O in Venice, whether you are Select or not. That's why we always use the People Mover and buy a Vaporetto ticket.

Now I'm confused - someone above has said that those on a Select Fare got it free. :)

To be honest we haven't bothered as life is very busy - our advice to you though is to not bother with getting a 'ticket' from reception. If you are on a Select Fare just go to the shuttle 'station' and there will be someone to take your name and cabin number. I guess they charge you if they need to and don't if not. We went with the advice in the Horizon News we were given. Ignore it and don't let anyone tell you it is an excursion.

just writing this makes me think we should follow it up

Enjoy your cruise --- lovely ship, great itinerary --- we had a fantastic time.

Thank you so much for the advice, I really appreciate it! Very much looking forward to it now!