August 27 Update: Europe River Conditions Normalizing; Alterations Still Impacting Cr

Host Jazzbeau

No problems reported between Passau and Budapest. That's a very popular stretch for river cruises.

Actually reports yesterday of boats unable to get Passau so yes there are issues again....yesterday's report was from someone currently there and saw boats stacked up...again :(

Can someone find illumination for me, I can see where she has not moved in 2 days. She is supposed to be in Budapest but I'm thinking she is not. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but ShipTracker had been working for me earlier. :(

Edited by JVilleGal

JavilleGal - last contact from Illumination to Vessel Finder was Aug 26 9pm travelling 10 knots between Bratislava and Budapest.

That was two days ago and I found that too, where do you find her in Budapest??? I can't !

It does not look to good on the Danube this morning according to official water gauge stations. The levels are still falling and quite a few, not just Vilshofen, show low water. It is very warm over there and substantial rain is not forecast till Wednesday, at the moment.

Perhaps someone closer to the Danube can give more info.

My beloved Rhine is likewise falling at several stations in the Middle Rhine valley, but here the overall situation is not too bad. The Moselle is still o.k. in the stretches important to river cruisers.

The Main appears a bit low as well.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid