Regent Hotels

Since we rarely stay at the pre cruise hotels, I am wondering how the rooms are allocated. In general, what type of room does one receive? Does it depend on cabin or society level? Anyone stayed at the Grosvenor House in London, or the Sheraton Stockholm?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm prior to a Regent cruise. The hotel was fine...no complaints but nothing special at all. It was several blocks to the main area of Stockholm where most of the better hotels are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure how rooms are allocated, but I believe that on occasions, the level of suite booked can affect the hotel offered. In Stockholm, for example, we were offered (and accepted) the Haymarket, which was a good location but rather too quirky for our tastes! In Sydney, we were offered (and accepted) the Four Seasons, in Lima the JW Marriott in Miraflores and in LA, most recently, the Intercontinental in Century City, where we booked a few additional nights independently. On arrival, we asked if they would ensure we wouldn't have to change rooms as a result of the two bookings - they agreed, except Regent had booked a rather better room than we had!! We paid a small charge to upgrade our own booking :cool: I might add that we generally book a concierge level suite with Regent.

We don't always take the pre-cruise hotel deal. It just depends on what they are offering and if it suits us and any plans we might have. I might also add that Regent normally includes full breakfast in their offer.

• 2 weeks later...
Since we rarely stay at the pre cruise hotels, I am wondering how the rooms are allocated. In general, what type of room does one receive? Does it depend on cabin or society level? Anyone stayed at the Grosvenor House in London, or the Sheraton Stockholm?

Grandmommy987,

Each hotel is unique in its offering and its difficult to give a general explanation on how we assign the hotel rooms. The suite category booked will factor into the room type selected.

Keep in mind, you may always request a higher room type and our team can provide your travel agent with the applicable pricing for you to consider should you be interested.

Thanks all for info. We are in seven seas suite on the explorer and were assigned the lowest category room at both hotels. After contacting the hotels directly, I upgraded at an additional cost. I think something more than a standard room would have been reserved at our cabin and society level.

Grandmommy987,

Each hotel is unique in its offering and its difficult to give a general explanation on how we assign the hotel rooms. The suite category booked will factor into the room type selected.

Keep in mind, you may always request a higher room type and our team can provide your travel agent with the applicable pricing for you to consider should you be interested.

Jason,

That is excellent information. We have contacted a hotel on our own to see if we could pay for a higher level room and have had success. For us, it depends upon how long we will be at the hotel. If we arrive late and board the ship the net day, whatever Regent offers is just fine!

Jackie

Grandmommy - I'm sitting out on my patio balancing a cigar, a scotch, and a laptop on my lap and accidently hit the "send" key prematurely. I guess we could call that a "premature transmission" :eek: I meant to say that there was a very recent review of the Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel. Two Marriott's within a couple of blocks of each other. As Travelcat said, you'll only (normally) be staying in the hotel for one night before the cruise, so I guess it would not be too hard to "put up" with most anything. If you were staying in London (or anywhere else) for a substantial period of time, the more in depth research of the hotels might be warranted, but for one night.....eehhh! Have fun, no matter where you stay. Best Regards

PS - neither of those Marriott's are really "that good" for the money they're charging, but the JW Steak House located on the ground floor of the Grosvenor House is absolutely "outstanding" if you want to have a lovely meal the night before your cruise.

Thx ping pong. Since the Marriott has smoking rooms, I definitely did not want any room near that floor, and my allergies would not stand it for even one night. We are staying 2extra nights in Stockholm, so wanted at least a club lounge room. I do visit trip advisor often and have posted many reviews. Most of the time, I need to weed out the very glowing and also very negative reviews, especially from first time reviewers. BTW, I have already made a reservation at the steakhouse!

Thx ping pong. Since the Marriott has smoking rooms, I definitely did not want any room near that floor, and my allergies would not stand it for even one night. We are staying 2extra nights in Stockholm, so wanted at least a club lounge room. I do visit trip advisor often and have posted many reviews. Most of the time, I need to weed out the very glowing and also very negative reviews, especially from first time reviewers. BTW, I have already made a reservation at the steakhouse!

We stayed in the Sheraton Stockholm which is a " smoke free" hotel. The Club is one of the nicest we have had and the suites are large and have beautiful views.

We also loved the location.

Thanks all for info. We are in seven seas suite on the explorer and were assigned the lowest category room at both hotels. After contacting the hotels directly, I upgraded at an additional cost. I think something more than a standard room would have been reserved at our cabin and society level.

I am a bit puzzled....how would you expect the hotel to automatically know your "society level". They would know you are financially well off which is definitely not always the same thing.

I am a bit puzzled....how would you expect the hotel to automatically know your "society level". They would know you are financially well off which is definitely not always the same thing.

I assume this comment may be meant as a joke, but I'll bite.

The TS/OP was referring to their Seven Seas Society level not to their social class.

Regent booked the hotel and would therefore know the guests SSS level and their suite category. According to the response by JO'K the hotel room type booked by Regent may be influenced by the latter not the former

Gary, We have stayed there several times for weekend stays. It's an SPG property. The location is great. The rooms are small like many in New York, its very busy. There is a burger take out place next to the lobby so there are lines for the burger place in the lobby. The restaurant Norma's offer humongous breakfasts that is an experience, just bring a lot of money :). It is not a luxury hotel (eg. Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, etc) For one night I would have no hesitation staying there.

Gary, We have stayed there several times for weekend stays. It's an SPG property. The location is great. The rooms are small like many in New York, its very busy. There is a burger take out place next to the lobby so there are lines for the burger place in the lobby. The restaurant Norma's offer humongous breakfasts that is an experience, just bring a lot of money :). It is not a luxury hotel (eg. Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, etc) For one night I would have no hesitation staying there.

thanks taxare :D

I assume this comment may be meant as a joke, but I'll bite.

The TS/OP was referring to their Seven Seas Society level not to their social class.

Regent booked the hotel and would therefore know the guests SSS level and their suite category. According to the response by JO'K the hotel room type booked by Regent may be influenced by the latter not the former

Thanks, Flossie, for saying what I was thinking. Most people on this forum think before they post.