Perry in the piano bar on Arcadia

Certainly one of the best entertainers P&O have had filled the Piano Bar on 10 nights for 3 hours a night. Never seen that done.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but then again no entertainer is.

:cool::cool:

We've seen Perry on 3 cruises on The Eclipse before he left that ship and would go every other night or so. He is a bit like Marmite but we found him funny and very professional. He has a set patter which some find repetitive however that's what we found funny, sort of like being in on the joke. Some don't like being singled out for the 'interview' at his piano but its just harmless fun really. He is also a really nice guy offstage too and we've had some nice chats with him.

He is moving to Royal Princess in the Autumn and has done Arcadia and a Sage cruise as fillers before he starts with Princess.

On the Celebrity boards some American passengers cancelled future Eclipse sailings to re-book with Princess when they found out he was leaving and he has quite a following with people only choosing to book cruises when he is onboard.

Here a video I took of him:

Edited by kevinyork

Perry was fabulous.

This was our 10th cruise on Arcadia and the worst food we have ever had on a P&O ship. Luke warm soup at best, and cold main meals. Waiters were miserable and table often not set correctly. There was just something missing, maybe due to staff not trained to same standards as many were new.

Perry was fabulous.

This was our 10th cruise on Arcadia and the worst food we have ever had on a P&O ship. Luke warm soup at best, and cold main meals. Waiters were miserable and table often not set correctly. There was just something missing, maybe due to staff not trained to same standards as many were new.

Hi Cruisegirl999 - I am assuming you were on J510? Which dining option did you have? Not disputing your comments at all, but we were on late sitting, our waiters were great and apart from one or two instances our food was always hot - or at least certainly hot enough. So it's interesting that there are fluctuations depending on when and where you done in the MDR.

We did find that some of the waiters were not over friendly when we dined in the MDR at breakfast and lunchtime, but put this down to maybe being rushed and not knowing us.

Hi Cruisegirl999 - I am assuming you were on J510? Which dining option did you have? Not disputing your comments at all, but we were on late sitting, our waiters were great and apart from one or two instances our food was always hot - or at least certainly hot enough. So it's interesting that there are fluctuations depending on when and where you done in the MDR.

We did find that some of the waiters were not over friendly when we dined in the MDR at breakfast and lunchtime, but put this down to maybe being rushed and not knowing us.

We were on second sitting as well and the food was great and hot. Except for one night when 3 soups had to go back as they were only warm. The waiters were very friendly and efficient.

I will weigh in with my comments about the food on j510. I tend to go for the fish. All of these were cooked well and I was happy with the meals ,as was OH with his choices.

There were a couple of exceptions.

OH had gammon one night and said it was undercooked. I said return it. He chose just to eat the cooked bits, as by that stage in the cruise well stuffed most of the time comes to mind (and that is without having lunch most days!)

My disaster was going veggie one night. A small disc of sauce (size of a 5p piece) 2 rounds of tasty gooey mush and about 8 lumps of deep fried somethings. Lack of sauce, it needed something, and 2 deep fried lumps of something would have been too much..it was not beer batter (light and crispy) but more pancake like in the bits I opened. I ate the gooey mush, left the rest . When the plate was collected I explained why I had not eaten it....As per above I was asked if I wished another meal..as per my OH's reasoning I said no. Really the worst meal I think I have ever been offered.

Our waiters were fantastic, got to know our likes/dislikes quickly. We were also 2nd sitting.