Beer Selection Available

aimealamort

Hello!

I've seen a lot of mention of the cocktails on the ships, but am having a hard time finding what beers the ships stock. Does anyone have a menu or list?

I'll be on Getaway in January and need to know if I should be switching to liquor in preparation for a week with the beverage package!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Define beer - if you mean mass-produced crap like Bud then you are OK - if you like craft beers you are pretty much SooL (except on the Escape).

Usually the uneducated beer drinkers think this.

The micro brew stuff is usually garbage that can never be reproduced. (and the bars are always closing down)

All the micro breweries that pop up in the US sell this bath tub beer and sucker folks into thinking its better that the beer that has been made for over 200 years not just in the US but in England, Ireland and other places.

I will take a real Guinness, Boddington, or Murphy over the imitations they come up with in a Micro Brewery. I will also take a miller or a Bud over there lager or pale ale.

The micro brew stuff is usually garbage that can never be reproduced. (and the bars are always closing down)

All the micro breweries that pop up in the US sell this bath tub beer and sucker folks into thinking its better that the beer that has been made for over 200 years not just in the US but in England, Ireland and other places.

I will take a real Guinness, Boddington, or Murphy over the imitations they come up with in a Micro Brewery. I will also take a miller or a Bud over there lager or pale ale.

It depends on a lot of factors. I drink British bitter (of which Boddingtons is a poor example IMO) and the summer ales (which never seem to make it outside of the UK). On a hot cruise I am happy with bottled Becks or Pilsner Urquell (or Warsteiner if available).

Guinness is one of a kind - once you have had it at the brewery in Dublin nothing else will really do (again IMHO).

NCL's draught beers are fizzy swill - their selection of bottled beers is not brilliant either (all of this is excepting the Escape which has a craft beer bar - apparently that is quite good!:D)

Hello!

I've seen a lot of mention of the cocktails on the ships, but am having a hard time finding what beers the ships stock. Does anyone have a menu or list?

I'll be on Getaway in January and need to know if I should be switching to liquor in preparation for a week with the beverage package!

Del Rio is going to make it so there is ONE beer allowed on their ships.

Then there will be ONE cocktail only allowed such as a martini.

NOTHING ELSE!

Everything is taken away .......about "Choice".

NCL used to be ALL about choice......NOW....It's about Control.

Del Rio is going to make it so there is ONE beer allowed on their ships.

Then there will be ONE cocktail only allowed such as a martini.

NOTHING ELSE!

Everything is taken away .......about "Choice".

NCL used to be ALL about choice......NOW....It's about Control.

This is one of the silliest things I have read on this forum and that's saying a lot.

This is one of the silliest things I have read on this forum and that's saying a lot.

Totally agree. I enjoy having plenty of choices and have never objected to paying an additional fee for things I want. Most seem to think everything should be inclusive in their ultra low cruise fare. Now that would lead to no choice.

Unfortunately the beer selection is poor and at a push I will have a Blue Moon. Usually better on Europe sailings due to carrying more German and Belgian beers. Franziskaner I find nice.

It depends on a lot of factors. I drink British bitter (of which Boddingtons is a poor example IMO) and the summer ales (which never seem to make it outside of the UK). On a hot cruise I am happy with bottled Becks or Pilsner Urquell (or Warsteiner if available).

Guinness is one of a kind - once you have had it at the brewery in Dublin nothing else will really do (again IMHO).

NCL's draught beers are fizzy swill - their selection of bottled beers is not brilliant either (all of this is excepting the Escape which has a craft beer bar - apparently that is quite good!:D)

Most of the beer there are not micro beer it is international beer.

When we hear Micro it is a local pub that makes its own beer and most of it usually is very blah.

Beer from around the world is great. THey are brewed with standards the slop from a micro is just that. slop

This thread is very interesting for me. I brew my own beer, have for years. Have friends who are now brewers in a few major breweries around here. Shoot, 2 of them opened said breweries. I think if you try to bunch "all micros" in one pile, much like "all domestic swill" you will miss out on many a good beer.

That being said, on the Escape the selection was amazing (if you like micros). I even had left hand milk stout on Nitro, that was nice. O'Sheehan's has Newcastle on tap, so there is that for the overseas crowd. Other then that be prepared for a lot of Dos Equis type beers, which again, I am not disparaging, I enjoy them as well. All beer has it's place...when brewed well.

This is a pantload of nonsense.

Hello!

[/url]

You will find dozens of American Light Lagers from all over the world.

There will be Guinness, Blue Moon's hefe, probably Boddington's and Bass Ale.

And that's about it.

If you like the Light lagers you will be in heaven.

If you're a beer geek......you'll want a mojito.

Most of the beer there are not micro beer it is international beer.

When we hear Micro it is a local pub that makes its own beer and most of it usually is very blah.

Beer from around the world is great. THey are brewed with standards the slop from a micro is just that. slop

I never mentioned micro brewed beers. You seem to have a problem with them - your loss, not mine.

I thought it was a pretty good mix:

Bass

Becks

Amstel Light

Sam Adams

Pilsner Uraquel

Heineken

Dos Equis

Corona

Coors

Miller Light

Bud

Take out the Bass Ale and the Sam Adams and you have a bunch of American Light Lagers. Some nastier than others.

You will find dozens of American Light Lagers from all over the world.

There will be Guinness, Blue Moon's hefe, probably Boddington's and Bass Ale.

And that's about it.

If you like the Light lagers you will be in heaven.

If you're a beer geek......you'll want a mojito.

Got it. Personally, it's IPAs. What I'm hearing are zero IPAs. Which I can deal with, but a heads up is nice!

Got it. Personally, it's IPAs. What I'm hearing are zero IPAs. Which I can deal with, but a heads up is nice!

The escape has a beer list that includes IPAs. Non-issue for me, I'll never be on it.

I have never seen an IPA on the other ships. Saw a porter once but it was a weird circumstance.

• 7 months later...

In addition to the list above, they also have Peroni, Grolsch, and Moretti. Depending on the time of year you may get a Sam Adams or Blue Moon seasonal. I've had Sam Winter on the Getaway, but on another trip they only had the regular Boston Lager.

O'Sheehan's usually has a Miami brewed craft beer on draft only. Last time I was there it was La Rubia from Wynwood. It's still another light ale. If you want something hoppy or darker you're going to be out of luck. I don't know why they don't just do one or two crafts. Just throw in a Sierra Nevada or something common like that.