Passport Stamp in Paris

bnorris10

If you are coming into France from a Schengen country, you do not have passport control, so no stamp. If you are departing from CDG to a non-Schengen country, you will get your departing stamp there.

I haven't heard of anyplace in Paris where you can go and get a stamp.

Think of traveling via train in Europe like any kind of travel in the US - no "border control" between states (unless you count those CBP people inland in AZ, TX, and CA that are trying to catch illegals or stop forbidden fruits/veggies).

I guess you could walk up to of the passport control people at the Gare du Nord train station (the EuroStar station) and see if they'd stamp it for you…

Now I am flying out of Paris to go to Amsterdam do you think the airport would give me a stamp on my way out of the country?

You will have difficulty finding someone with a stamp. They are likely all in the secured area you cannot get into.

Now I am flying out of Paris to go to Amsterdam do you think the airport would give me a stamp on my way out of the country?

Nope. Again, this is flying within the Schengen zone, equivalent of flying from Atlanta to New York. Those portions of the terminals do not have any passport control stations - they are in the "international" terminals.

Edited by slidergirl

I'd enjoy a little variety in passport stamps because there is little distinction from one European Union country to another. The EU country designation is in the left upper corner, your mode of arrival via an outline, e.g plane/boat is stamped in the opposite corner, date of arrival in the middle in red, and airport/port at the bottom.

The best passport stamp I have is from when we returned to the US after renting a car out of Skagway and driving into the Yukon- an old-timey steam locomotive with a huge cowcatcher in front with Skagway, Alaska printed below. Sadly, it was overstamped in Barbados.

i wouldn't fret about a Paris passport stamp- it will only have the airport (ORY or CDG) provided that Paris is your first arrival destination from the US.

Edited by TMLAalum