Infinity losing it's SHINE?

Pat&Paul

Overall, it was an OK cruise. The MDR menu really need to refer to previous generations menus where there where more choices for each course. Now there are 'starters' and 'entrees'. Cabin 3130 was awesome if you are on an M class ship. Well placed for an Oceanview. Bistro on 5 needs a remake or make it free. We saw no more than 5 people in there at a time and mostly at dinner. Get real Celebrity! People aren't paying $10 for lunch!! Shows were OK. What really shines on the Infinity is the crew. All nice and attentive. Our MDR waiter was an absolute blast! The assistant was awesome too. Even our coffee shop guy was good, as well as the Martini server. Embarkation was smooth, but we were select so the special line was nice. We are now Elite, so next review we will tell more. We usually cruise in Concierge class, but this time was OpenView. It wasn't much different, just no balcony, but a huge window instead. I look forward to our Solstice cruise in May from Hawaii to Vancouver. Never been on the S classed ships.

I know you are unhappy with food choices, but how was the food quality? Is the MDR menu the same for all m class or s class ships, or does each ship have it's own round of menus?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We will be on the Infinity next week. We will be eating in Luninae and we cant wait !!!! Hope it is as good as last time !!! Never been to Bistro on 5. We agree, they need to make it something different. The S Class ships are nice, but we really prefer the size of the M Class.

On the Infinity at the moment - West Coast B2B with Alaska- food quality in MDR is good although there were complaints about the salmon on the first few nights. Now dining in Luminae where (after one night) food and service is excellent! As for the production shows - well they are not west end or Broadway but they are far better than Cunard, RCCL and Princess - other shows were mediocre to bad (Elton John and Beatles to name a couple. )

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on the May 11th West Coast cruise. Sorry to say this is the first time in 24 cruises with X that they did not meet my expectations. Nothing really bad but nothing great either. We were in AQ 1 and paid more per day than we did our last suite.

I totally agree about the dining choices--but every mainstream cruise line has gone to the "starters" and "entrees" thing. They can't fool me--I still order five courses, but I think most people don't--a huge cost savings for them.

I am cruising Alaska now on Infinity. Have to say first time ever I am going to complain about food.

Eating in the main dining room the food is not to the standard I expect from them. last two nights I am sure the vegetable were frozen mixed, meat portions are tiny and tasteless.

Ocean view cafe food has no flavour either. On the plus side had dinner at Tuscan grill it was divine but of course we paid xtra for that privilege. I am so disappointed Celebrity have always been my favourite. 👎😞😞

We were on the May 11 Infinity Pacific Coastal. We have absolutely no complaints about ship, staff, or food. We were in Aqua and ate in Blu other than Qsine once and Tuscan Grill twice. We liked it so much we booked the same cruise again for next May. This was not our first time on Celebrity, we are Elite and Celebrity Infinity met all our expectations and more.

What time did you dine in Blu ? We were a party of 4 that dined about 6:30pm. The service the first 4 or 5 nights was the worst I have had in my 24 cruises on X. Also the first time I ever complained. Things did improve the last 5 nights when we asked for the same waiter. The one Sommelier was so busy he had 3 or 4 bottles of wine in each hand. Most people had the beverage package so they could have used another Sommelier. Not the service I have had on other Celebrity cruises.

What time did you dine in Blu ? We were a party of 4 that dined about 6:30pm. The service the first 4 or 5 nights was the worst I have had in my 24 cruises on X. Also the first time I ever complained. Things did improve the last 5 nights when we asked for the same waiter. The one Sommelier was so busy he had 3 or 4 bottles of wine in each hand. Most people had the beverage package so they could have used another Sommelier. Not the service I have had on other Celebrity cruises.

We ate anywhere from 6 to 7:30. We felt we got the best service every time and so did the people we were sitting next to - a different couple each night and different servers each night. We had friends in Luminae eat with us in Blu one night and they said the service was good and equal to Luminae.

We always make a point to get to know our servers personally. where they are from, a little bit about them......and that makes a big difference in getting personal attention. Jorge (Portugal), the Maitre 'd was fabulous and checked with us a couple times at each meal to see if we needed anything. Kateryna (Ukraine) the hostess greeted us like old friends at each meal and helped with serving when she had time. And I can't forget the rest of the servers - Green, Elena, Tari, Karen, Percy, Suresh, Alana, Ovet, Rizalde, Ivis! Yes, Dennis the sommelier was a bit busy on the two sea day nights but Jorge filled in for him and it was never an issue for us. We drank champagne with each meal and Dennis always refilled our glasses before they were empty on the other nights.

Kateryna did say that 6:30/6:45 was the busiest time in Blu and we should avoid those times if possible. We generally did. We thought the food quality, preparation, and variety was outstanding.

We have had Jorge as maitre'd in Blu on a different ship. He is the best, always smiling! We were on this Infinity cruise and saw Jorge passing through TG one morning during the Elite breakfast and wondered which position he was holding. Alas, we didn't have access to Blu for this sailing.

We are set to sail on June 26th from Vancouver to Alaska and it upsets me to hear that the food in the MDR is not good. It isn't a huge ship from the get go and to hear that the quality and flavor of the food is not great. From what I am reading it sounds like if you don't go to the restaurants that you need to pay extra for you are not going to get a great meal.

You pay so much money for these cruises the food should be good! We shall see when we get there.

We are set to sail on June 26th from Vancouver to Alaska and it upsets me to hear that the food in the MDR is not good. It isn't a huge ship from the get go and to hear that the quality and flavor of the food is not great. From what I am reading it sounds like if you don't go to the restaurants that you need to pay extra for you are not going to get a great meal.

You pay so much money for these cruises the food should be good! We shall see when we get there.

Don't jump to conclusions, decide for yourself once aboard. One complaint does not speak for all the passengers. I have heard others complain about food quality but in our opinion it is as good as ever.

Agree that ultimately you decide for yourself.

Also, we have found that each cruise is different.

As Paul Williams the songwriter wrote in a song "I could get back to the place but not the time" It is from a song called 'Waking Up Alone".

Anyway, we deal with the differences between our memories of past cruises. I do too have expectations and hope Celebrity does not change too much so that I am not wanting to sail with Celebrity in the future......I am almost to Elite Plus. :)

The food quality is so much in the eye of the beholder. There are some who complain about not meeting expectations. It is their own expectations as it is personal. I can just share my experience. I just spent 15 days on Infinity (April-May Panama Canal). The food and entertainment on the ship was excellent. We dined in Luminae but every night had a choice to use the MDR menu as well. Everything we ordered from the MDR was really good. Also excellent was the food in the Tuscan Grill and Qsine. The food in Bistro on Five was just OK. The Oceanview Cafe buffet was overall very good with nice selections.