When to purchase Premium upgrade?

RealBatman

We have the Classic drink package for our upcoming cruise. We plan to upgrade to Premium but would like to know if there might be a savings by waiting until we board? Or is it the same price as pre-paying? Thanks for any advice!

:halo:

We have the Classic drink package for our upcoming cruise. We plan to upgrade to Premium but would like to know if there might be a savings by waiting until we board? Or is it the same price as pre-paying? Thanks for any advice!

:halo:

Unfortunately they do not discount the upgrade to Premium beverage package. In the past people would wait to upgrade so they could use their OBC but now you can use your Celebrity OBC prior to sailing. You can also upgrade at any bar on the ship.

You don't have to upgrade right away. You can wait to see if the Classic works for you. If you decide to upgrade, you only pay the upcharge for the days remaining in the cruise. I believe you can upgrade until the 4th day left in the cruise.

We always did it onboard to use obc and whoever sells it to you got the extra tip. But now obc is available online we do it before we travel. No price difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually purchase it from the BT that is at the bar we will frequent the most or one that is helpful and friendly for that reason. We don't expect anything extra but have found that they will usually then go the extra mile if required. An example was my wife asked for a Mojito and he didn't have any mint but went to another bar to get some. On another ship the bar was out of a bourbon ( that was on the package) that I requested and was willing to accept a different brand, but the BT that I upgraded left to get what I asked for.

May not seem like much but I have been told many times or seen others being told that they are out of something and wouldn't be able to make it. Those that you upgrade with are usually more accommodating.

Drink up 🍷🍹🍸🍺

Actually, the last 2 times we sailed Celebrity, we were offered a 2 for 1 upgrade from classic to premium (50% discount of the upgrade) so we now wait until we are onboard.