Are shows on the Anthem kids-friendly?

manazca

The shows will have some sort of suggestion (adults only) if they are unsuitable for kids. Most younger kids like the production shows...lights, costumes, colors, etc.....

I would not take a 5 year old to a comedy show....they wouldn't "get it" at all. But the regular "song and dance" stuff...sure!

We just booked a cruise on the Anthem and I was wondering if we could take our daughter (5-y old) to the shows or if they are more suitable for adults only. TIA!

Most shows are not designed for a 5 year old's understanding. However, certain shows such as water shows, ice skating shows, that are mostly music, dancing, etc would be just fine.

Most shows are not designed for a 5 year old's understanding. However, certain shows such as water shows, ice skating shows, that are mostly music, dancing, etc would be just fine.

No ice or water shows on Anthem.

We just booked a cruise on the Anthem and I was wondering if we could take our daughter (5-y old) to the shows or if they are more suitable for adults only. TIA!

Shows are usually about 45 minutes long, plus waiting time before.

Is your daughter content to sit quietly for that length of time?

Thank you very much everyone. I appreciate all feedback.

I tried to find in the description of shows any indication of audience ( talking about the 3 for which we need reservations). We've been on the Allure last year and we didn't take her at Chicago but she did enjoy the water show and she can sit ok for that time if interested. She also enjoyed the Dreamworks experience, indeed. In general, she adores music and dancing.

I cannot see any feedback on The Gift, Spectra and the one about Queen's regarding kids. I might call RC and ask about the intended audience for these 3 shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most shows on the cruise ship are for everyone. It should be marked adults only. You may sit close to the exit, since most 5 year olds won't enjoy listening to a comedian. The show in the 270 is visual. With the acrobatics, it should be good.

I haven't sailed Anthem yet, but from what I can tell the shows will be fine for the kids (unlike Rock of Ages on Breakaway, which we didn't take the kids to). My kids love the big production shows and musicals. They loved Mama Mia (and all of the shows) on Quantum. The one in 270 was a bit late and my almost 5 year old fell asleep. We kinda expected it and got good seats on the top left where there were bench like couches rather than chairs. My kids know some of Queen's music and I think they are going to like the show. I hope Don't Stop Me Know is in the show as it is their favorite!