Thinking about booking on Norwegian Sky

ravenrob

Hello,

Need advice. Me (48), DW (47). I am thinking about making a quick getaway to surprise DW to the Bahamas for three nights.

Usually on RCCL for all my cruises but they seem to be pricing very high these days.

The Sky seems to be reasonably priced.

We are not big drinkers but just want to get away for some R&R away from life for a few days. Sit by the pool, eat well and just enjoy each others company for the long weekend.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

We took Sky in late April to Nassau - Great Stirrup Cay and Freeport. The ship, crew and experience was great.

The food in the MDR was ok. Try out a little restaurant called Il Adagio just inside of the bar area on the pool deck as an alternative to the buffet. In the morning they serve custom made omelettes and waffles along with the other breakfast items. At lunch, until about 3PM they have pasta/pizzas. Also I would recommend eating at the MDR instead of the buffet for at least a couple or so breakfast/lunch options.

I liked Sky quite well. Nice layout and easy to navigate. The Outrigger bar at the front of the ship was a nice huge bar, quite elegant and quiet. Great memories of the Sky. Comedian was awesome too.

I would definitely recommend it. It's only a 3 day investment & I'm sure you'll have a great time. I booked the 4 day Sky sailing for an annual gals getaway last October. I've cruised before but the other 3 hadn't (we normally do Vegas). They loved it so much that we immediately booked a 7 day'er for this year.

The Sky is one of my favorites. You probably wouldn't want a Mega ship for a 3 day cruise; so she pretty much fills the bill for a shorter cruise.

Cheers

Sandy.

While she is pretty bare bones compared to the newer ships we really loved her. It's very laid back and just right for 3 days.

Only weird thing was the Lido deck music. It was like listening to an instrumental LITE FM station .... and the steel drum band played things like steel - drum Phil Collins and steel - drum Chicago. It wasn't bad, just weirdly notable!

Just back from the 4 day on the Sky. Previously we've only sailed with Royal Caribbean. We thoroughly enjoyed the Sky. Although I don't think she is as elegant as the Majesty of the Seas, a comparable ship, we like the Freestyle dining option much better and our next cruise will be with NCL. Besides dining, I am not sure any differences stick out. If the price is right, don't hesitate.

We too have most of our cruises with Royal Caribbean and booked the Sky yo try NCL. I get excited reading the positive reviews of the ship. Seems like a great couples getaway

I would imagine it becomes a little more family oriented after school lets out for the summer, but in April and May, yes a fantastic getaway for a couple.

Demographics on the 5/18 departure: IIRC, average age 38, 40 countries represented on the pax list and over 700 from Mexico. I had wondered why everyone in the boarding line was speaking Spanish. Excellent cast for the shows and the comedian was Andrew Kennedy whom we really enjoyed.

The choices for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Miami will be dropping by 1 come April 2016. I see where RCCL will be selling the Majesty to a sister line and assume she will be moving out of Miami.

The choices for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Miami will be dropping by 1 come April 2016. I see where RCCL will be selling the Majesty to a sister line and assume she will be moving out of Miami.

They are bringing in Enchantment of the Seas starting May 2016 to Miami but the prices are kind of stupid right now.

We Just returned from the Sky yesterday.

We have cruised 10X on Celebrity, Carnival, RC, Princess and one time before on Norwegian Sky. I have to say, the cruise OVERPERFORMED for us. The food was good (not particularly great, but not lacking in any way, unless you consider that no lobster night is a bad thing.. Just choose the French restaurant for $20 and you can have your lobster tail or $30 get a great steak.

The crew was terrific, the service outstanding, the shows were good, the Karaoke was the best ever. We loved going to the island. We didn't go far in Bahamas because we were tired and we came to get a rest. We had a dance class and played Deal/no deal (fun)

We took the hot tub while everyone was on Bahamas. We got the drink program and enjoyed house Merlot for dinner and gin and tonic at the bar, all included!!

Our steward made us those cute little towel animals every night.

Great cruise, great weather, maximum use of 3 days for us.:):):)

The ship was clean, fairly classy

Need advice. Me (48), DW (47). I am thinking about making a quick getaway to surprise DW to the Bahamas for three nights.

Usually on RCCL for all my cruises but they seem to be pricing very high these days.

The Sky seems to be reasonably priced.

We are not big drinkers but just want to get away for some R&R away from life for a few days. Sit by the pool, eat well and just enjoy each others company for the long weekend.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...