Cheers program break even chart?

tizbo1423

Hi all-

I know a few days ago I saw a spreadsheet that broke down the prices of different drinks and how much you would need to have a day to break even with the Cheers program. I've searched the forums but can't seem to find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about here and can guide me in the right direction?

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

I keep reading, and re-reading, what is and is not included with Cheers. Am I understanding that frozen alcoholic drinks ARE included, as long as they are NOT in the souvenir glass?

And, I'm seeing that you are only allowed to order 1 drink at a time. So does that mean that both my hubby and I will have to show up to the bar to get our drinks, and we won't be able to get 2 at a time, one for each?

Lastly (for now), how do the bartenders know we have the Cheers, do we get a sticker on the card? Can I walk up to a bar with both my and my hubby's card to get 2 drinks?

Edited by tizbo1423
Thought of another question!

I keep reading, and re-reading, what is and is not included with Cheers. Am I understanding that frozen alcoholic drinks ARE included, as long as they are NOT in the souvenir glass?

And, I'm seeing that you are only allowed to order 1 drink at a time. So does that mean that both my hubby and I will have to show up to the bar to get our drinks, and we won't be able to get 2 at a time, one for each?

Lastly (for now), how do the bartenders know we have the Cheers, do we get a sticker on the card? Can I walk up to a bar with both my and my hubby's card to get 2 drinks?

I was able to order 2 drinks for my wife and I on our June cruise. There is a sticker but they know you becuase your picture is in their system just in case the stcker falls off.

There are ways around the 1 drink at a time, tip your waiter, and buckets of beer will appear :D

Curious i'm going on a 8day southern Caribbean cruise do you pay 8 days even though ur only there half of the 1st day and the last day you are getting off the ship? Also trying to figure out if its even worth it. We are in port 3 of the days and will spend the day off the ship.

Curious i'm going on a 8day southern Caribbean cruise do you pay 8 days even though ur only there half of the 1st day and the last day you are getting off the ship? Also trying to figure out if its even worth it. We are in port 3 of the days and will spend the day off the ship.
You get on the ship at Noon on day 1 and you can drink for 15 hours till the last bar closes around 3 AM......on your port days, if you're back on board by 4 or 5, that still gives you 10 hours of drinking. If you get the Cheers program, you just have to be smart and not go drinking while you're in port because you have all of that prepaid booze waiting for you on board. If you have 6 beers and 4 shots over the course of the day, you're ahead of the game.

I was able to get drink for my wife and I (both cards in hand) on our cruise in Jan 2013. I hope it's the same in 4 days!!! I also got the odd non-alcohol drink for my kiddies

I have not been able to find out for sure, I am assuming you can no longer buy the cheers package starting on the second day of cruise like you previously could, if someone could verify this I would greatly appreciate it.

I called carnival and my understanding is you can buy on second day and you don't pay taxes when your at sea so you save that way also . I'm a first time cruiser but have been doing my homework , I plan on waiting until second day myself but will verify when I get in the ship , Fantasy 14 Feb 15

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called carnival and my understanding is you can buy on second day and you don't pay taxes when your at sea so you save that way also . I'm a first time cruiser but have been doing my homework , I plan on waiting until second day myself but will verify when I get in the ship , Fantasy 14 Feb 15

I have not been able to find out for sure, I am assuming you can no longer buy the cheers package starting on the second day of cruise like you previously could, if someone could verify this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, I'm trying to find this out as well. Going on a 4 day cruise and wondering if we can buy on day 2 and end up paying for 3 days instead of 4. Please let me know.

Thanks, I'm trying to find this out as well. Going on a 4 day cruise and wondering if we can buy on day 2 and end up paying for 3 days instead of 4. Please let me know.

Just remember that you have 15 hours of possible drinking on day one of your cruise, assuming you board by 12 Noon and you go till 3 AM. You're only losing a few morning hours of possible drinking.

Remember that you're going to want to get into the party mood right away if you're going on a 4 day cruise and if you're serious about your drinking, that first day will be the day you'll hit your 15 drink max. The only additional cost on day 1 is the per drink tax until the ship hits international waters. Whichever way you decide, good luck.

You pay for nights on the cruise, so early embarkation on day 1 actually gives you more time.

Check this out, you will need to update the daliy rate....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37205120&postcount=57:D:D

I updated the daily rate, $49.95 +15% = $57.44 So your example would have been better off buying without Cheers by the cost of one more mimosa:D

I'm guessing that if your total S&S bar bill for a 7 day cruise comes to over $800 for the two of you (not counting buying rounds for others), for on board drinking (not counting wine packages), then yeah maybe it makes sense to buy the Cheers package ( or sign up for the "Friends of Bill" meetings:p).

I updated the daily rate, $49.95 +15% = $57.44 So your example would have been better off buying without Cheers by the cost of one more mimosa:D

I'm guessing that if your total S&S bar bill for a 7 day cruise comes to over $800 for the two of you (not counting buying rounds for others), for on board drinking (not counting wine packages), then yeah maybe it makes sense to buy the Cheers package ( or sign up for the "Friends of Bill" meetings:p).

Of course if you used to buy wine packages, with Cheers you could buy by the glass. 2 glasses of Wine at Dinner and an after dinner drink gets you close to half way on cheers, depending on teh cost of wine and after dinner drink that you drink. I think for most, Cheers would be a break even proposition, unless you don't intend to get off the boat much. Sea Days, I could easily clear the 50 dollars in drinks and never be intoxicated. The sea days probably skew it in favor of the cruise line unless you are a late night partier, which I am not.

The problem I have w/ cheers is, all adults in the cabin have to buy it. My wife isn't really a drinker, so it's not worth it for her. I on the other hand, could find a way, as much as it pains me, to make cheers cost effective for myself. But I fear I'd be unable to drink for two for 7 days straight without doing major damage.

If you purchase on embarkation day, you won't pay taxes on the entire package. The only taxes you'll pay will be on drinks ordered prior to sailaway. Once at sea....no taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tax is only on individual drinks.. there is no tax on the cheers program whether you buy it day one or day two... while the ship is not in international waters there is a tax per drink, but that tax is charged to everyone ordering a drink not just the people on the cheers program... there is no tax specific to the cheers program..

We sailed on the Liberty in Feb of 2012. We had researched the Cheers program and decided to purchase it. Throughout our cruise we saved all our receipts. Added them all up when we got home, got about $950 of booze for the cost of the program, about $700. We had Bloody marys and mimosas at breakfast, frozen drinks by the pool and wine at dinner. We never maxed out to our 15 drinks per day. Planning on doing the same for this Feb on the Conquest!

I was able to use both our cards to get a drink for each of as at one time.

How much is a beer on ship?? Haven't cruised Carnival in awhile...

Also, reason why both adults have to buy....so they won't share???? We are going on family cruise DD's in one cabin...one drinks, one does not??? Hmmmm...dilemma!!!!

Domestic drafts are 4.50 per pint, imports and Thirsty Frog Red are 5.50. Domestic 16 oz bottles are 5.75, Bud Lime Lime is 6.25 for some reason. 16 oz imports are 5.95, 12 oz imports are 4.95 and Foster's Oil cans are 7.75. 16 oz Strongbow and Angry Orchard ciders are 5.75.